Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Show February 17th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

God, I remember watching that LLS with Gaybo all those years ago. I think Noel did another song as well. For me he was always a superior vocalist to his brother.

I also recall the second interview he did the following year. A girl in the audience asked him if he had the guitar with him - he didn't and I do remember he was slightly worse for wear after a year of touring. I think the coke habit had kicked in big style by then.

Will he get the guitar out tonite, I wonderwall.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭miketv

I remember that too, It was the following summer they played Cork. They were super famous during that period and I think it was their mum insisted Noel appeared on the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid wrote: »
    I won'tbe here tonight. Heading in to see Noel :)
    I'm so envious Skid!! Hope you have a great night :)

Here are a few tunes to get the rest of us in the mood for Mr. Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Tubby will drain the humour and life out of Noel
    It occurred to me , before i read the op and the noel/ snow patol thingy, that it doesnt matter who tubbs has on. not at all. he'll still be tubbs, he'll still be that insincere stick instinct devoid of any genuine emotion or empathy.

tubbs genuinely seems to have a touch of, well, non-emotion qualities, shall we say.

the only time i've seen an emotional response from him is in the presence of someone he fancies, usually a big-mouthed YOUNG bimbo (sophisticated women over the age of 30 confuse and scare him.)

so in short, it dont matter who's on, tubbs will still be there, mucking it up.

whereas Norton can find a buzz from anyone - eg his red chair thing, or his interaction with audience.

in short, short, get rid of tubbs, shoot the current LLS producers, shoot those related to the top brass, and get a human to present the show, or end it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Skid wrote: »
    I forgot to say i won't be here tonight. Heading in to see Noel :) enjoy the thread, see y'all soon.

Noel Kelly? If you need anybody to substantiate your complaints against his client, let me know..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Facebook Link and photo of Sarah removed at the request of a family member.

Noel Kelly? If you need anybody to substantiate your complaints against his client, let me know..
    Now now, be nice!!! You know our Skid has impeccable taste in music :p Me thinks Jonny missedout on some Noel Gallagher tickets ;):D

OMG.

Sinead O' Connor is on Graham Norton tonight!!!

now, if ever Norton's skills will be put to the test, this is it. (unless she sings only, hopefully)

Rodrigo y Gabriela and C.U.B.A.

this will be the highlight i reckon. might flick and hope to catch them play

Mr E wrote: »
    Facebook Link and photo of Sarah removed at the request of a family member.

Well, in my defence, when I saw that she was on the show.. I looked her up on FB as I was curious to see what she was doing.. she has her account open to the world.

If she or her family members have an issue with people looking her up, then they should restrict the account before she appears on the show.. (also true of her myspace account)..

• Advertisement

ArtSmart wrote: »
    OMG.

Sinead O' Connor is on Graham Norton tonight!!!

now, if ever Norton's skills will be put to the test, this is it. (unless she sings only, hopefully)

She is indeed, the Indo had a piece about today. Art, are you going to be joining us this evening or do you have a date with someone from TG4 ;):D

sinead-oconnor-gra_1018011t.jpg
    Sinead O'Connor goes hell for leather with Graham Norton on his BBC show tonight

By Independent.ie reporters

Friday February 17 2012

SINGER Sinead O'Connor looked every inch the rock star in a black leather corset and leather jeans for her recorded appearance on The Graham Norton Show on BBC tonight.

The star, who has recently been treated in hospital for her depression, looked healthy and happy as she performed and chatted with Cork native Norton on his show along with actors Cuba Gooding Junior and Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe.

O'Connor sang her new single The Wolf is Getting Married and chatted about her new album and her recent wedding to Barry Herridge, whom she married in Las Vegas on her 45th birthday in December. The couple split two weeks after, but were subsequently reunited.

O'Connor was recently helped for her battle with depression after making an appeal on Twitter and is believed to have undergone treatment in a Dublin hospital.

On Valentine's Day she posted on her website: "Health wise I am doing very well and recovering very nicely under care of lovely new doctor and am very happy and really excited about my album coming out and extremely excited about starting the tour next week."

Earlier this week she sent a message to Bobbi Kristina. daughter of Whitney Houston who died at the weekend: "Praying for u sweet baby. And sending u love. God will hold u in his arms through this time and u will be kept safe."

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/sinead-oconnor-goes-hell-for-leather-with-graham-norton-on-his-bbc-show-tonight-3023275.html

MrsD007 wrote: »
    sinead-oconnor-gra_1018011t.jpg

Tattoo is awful.. Looks like she has Google Earth installed on her chest..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

it is truely awful, can't wait to hear what Graham says about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kitty St Cormac

Hi all, I'm a newbee on boards, just joined up so I can join in tonight instead of watching in the background dying to comment. Last week was especially funny .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Get rid of Tubridy and put Séan Moncrieff in the hot seat. He's everything Tubs isn't!

Tubridy has bee working in RTE since the age of 12, due to his family ties (i.e. Fianna Fail TD Séan Tubridy, and the Andrews FF family).

Just like Lottie Ryan (Gerry's daughter) does the entertainment news on 2FM every Friday.

TV licence holders deserve better value for their money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi all, I'm a newbee on boards, just joined up so I can join in tonight instead of watching in the background dying to comment. Last week was especially funny .

Good stuff Kitty!

Welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Will Noel Gallagher be discussing his time in Thunderbirds with Ryan I wonder ?

3565436420_a6d2c37b35.jpg

I'd say the Traveller guy they have on will be James Quinn McDonagh, he was the main guy in the film Knuckle, which is being shown on Sunday and was nominated for a (dont laugh :pac:) IFTA..

He seemed like a decent guy in the movie, and I wouldnt be a huge fan of the Travellers.. This is him fighting one of the Joyce family in part of that film.

*NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED*

*NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

welcome Kitty :)

I certainly won't be tuning into that trash on Graham Norton. She's an odious creature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

THanks for warning on that video Johnny, I think I'll pass:D

Icant bear any fighting not to mine bare knu:eek:ckle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So is Noel in Donnybrook or in the o2?

amdublin wrote: »
    Skid won't like it if he is left waiting :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is this recorded or live?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Miaow! ;)

Lisha wrote: »
    THanks for warning on that video Johnny, I think I'll pass:D Icant bear any fighting not to mine bare knu:eek:ckle

I was actually surprised what a decent guy he is.. Usually the guys who participate in these fights send videos to each other saying "I'm the toughest, I'm gonna beat you up, none of your clan will ever beat me".. But James Quinn McDonagh comes across as humble and modest..

amdublin wrote: »

The High Flying Birds will be ready to lay an egg by the time he gets out to the O2 !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

how long will it be til he asks noel about JFK?
    kinda strange situation, must've gotten everyone in the canteen to fill the studio earlier when this was filmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Oh gwad cringing here at DLB on and ON about the Oirish connection! HE JUST IS!!!!!He holds no importance in it!! well said Noel!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Get rid of Tubridy and put Séan Moncrieff in the hot seat. He's everything Tubs isn't!

Tubridy has bee working in RTE since the age of 12, due to his family ties (i.e. Fianna Fail TD Séan Tubridy, and the Andrews FF family).

Just like Lottie Ryan (Gerry's daughter) does the entertainment news on 2FM every Friday.

TV licence holders deserve better value for their money.

Lottie is a right oul pain in the ass on the Afternoon show....

Advertisement