Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

• 19-12-2011 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I found out sat im pregnant! due 24th August 2012. This date also happens to be the exact day my husbands best friend is getting married!
    In shock is anyone else due that day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm due the 25th?! I found on on Sunday. Talk about shock. Off to GP tomorrow. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

was just at my doc today and im due the 2nd of august, and we also have a wedding on the 4th :)

congrats on your pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Congrats to everyone!
    I'm due the 19th August. Took a test 5 days before my period was due so have known for 2 weeks but Still trying to get my head around it. We're excited but afraid to get too excited until I'm a bit farther along, so hard not to tell people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

Yes its hard not to tell people esp as its Christmas! We had a miscarriage before so we are scared. I would love to tell everybody on christmas eve or day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

We are due again on the 26th August 2012. Which is the exact same due date our first little boy had (he ended up being born 4 weeks early though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

was just at my doc today and im due the 2nd of august, and we also have a wedding on the 4th :)

I'm due the 3rd of August and we have a wedding on the 1st! Fingers crossed baby stays put til after. Congrats everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

Due August 21st, can't believe it! Over the moon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Congrats to everyone, I found out last week I'm pregnant, due the 6th of August, have my best friends wedding on the 11th and am due to be bridesmaid..dunno wat to do bout this????

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congrats to everyone, I found out last week I'm pregnant, due the 6th of August, have my best friends wedding on the 11th and am due to be bridesmaid..dunno wat to do bout this????

Haha! Snap! I'm due on 12th May and due to be a bridesmaid on the 5th!

I have more or less decided to step down, but I will be having a proper chat with the bride over christmas. She know I really wanted to do it but understands that baby is more important.

My mother said that I would be wrecked if I was still pregnant on the day, and that it would be too exhausting, and if I had the baby before that, its all leaky boobs and possible bleeding /sanitary towels to worry about on a very pale coloured dress :eek:. In addition, if I ended up having a C section, It would be too soon really to be out and about.

Yeah I know this is the advice I have got from my mam and sister,
    I was kinda hoping I would come on here and people would say "oh you will be fine".

Don't plan to tell people yet, but have to tell her I won't be bridesmaid and had a trip planned in Feb for Vegas/New york with the girls had to cancel my place last week behind everyones back, I have to be so careful of what I say and to who!

But other than all that, Im so excited got my frist appt for Feb in Holles st. want to get a scan but everyone is closed til the new year!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

hi girls congrats :)
    I'm due my first on the 1st of August so scared, but really excited too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gillella123

Im due the 24th august :) have you tried the babybump app? It's brill x

heard its good alright,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SDOL

Just found out we are pregnant. Shock, happened month 1 of trying. Wasnt expecting it. Have a big wedding soon and dont want to tell anyone but i know that they will suspect if not drinking at wedding.

Anyone useful hints or tips would be really greatful. Im not gonna get away with antibotics or off the drink for Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

SDOL, we were the same as you, happened on the first go and stil can't believe how lucky we are! Still trying to get our heads around it though! For the drinking thing I've been to a few work xmas parties and knew that if I was seen not drinking there would be immediate conclusions (does anyone else get people constantly asking them 'any news', so insensitive I think!). Anyway, how I got around it was pretending to drink, holding a glass of wine for the first while and then got soft drinks from the bar and asked the bar staff to make it look alcoholic, which they all did without asking any questions. No one seemed to notice.
    I'll be 7 weeks on Sunday, feels so strange saying that! Had my first experience of morning sickness today, well it was more like all day sickness and occasional dizziness. Anyone else starting to feel strange?! This is my first pregnancy so everything is so new!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SDOL

Ya it is very strange. I had been feeling a bit yuk over the festive season but put it down to over indulgence. Ill try that. Thanks.

I just hope it works. My mother is a dinger for picking up on things and shell be there so here's hoping

Oh congratulations to ye, 9weeks today, feeling ****,bloated and sick all day, one day at a time as they

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Oh finally somewhere i can spill it. After almost 3 years of trying my hubby and I are pregnant. Because of irregular periods I do a test every month and happened to do one last Wednesday, and a faint line came up, didn't want to get to excited though so decided to do another test on the Thursday morning(at 4.30am:D) and again another line came up(faint again) decided to ring my GP and got an appointment for that morning, had another test and his was faint also, he said I was probably only very early stages, but to take his word for it that I was. Told me to come back in 10 days time for another test (I have since took another 3 lol and all positive, best one being Clearblue digital telling me I was 2-3weeks), and have to go to hospital for my scan to find out my due date because of the irregular periods, but going by all that I would say I'm due last week of August 1st week of September, best Christmas present EVER. Will keep you all updated. SOO excited. Have any of you ladies had the cramping in your stomach? Have done a background check into it and it says it is just my uterus stretching. Oh jaysus girls I'm super excited.:D:D

Yeah have had cramping one and off was freaked out at 1st but i was told that too... the clearblue tests are brilliant the only one that i would truely believe really, i dunno just me maybe :)

Its great to have somewhere to chat to others going through the same thing,

Congrats ladies! So nice to have somewhere to talk about it! I'm pretty glad the festive season is over, I've found it really stressful not being straight with people, and not drinking is much less noticeable in January :) Some of my friends clearly copped on straight away but kindly haven't said anything. We've told our immediate families even though it's early days as some of them were staying with us for a week over Christmas, so that makes it a bit easier, and it's nice to have a bit of support as it's all so huuuge!!

Sickness started for me on Friday - it's weirdly reassuring so I don't mind it too much, but it might be a bit more inconvenient back at work...

Is anyone thinking about public/private maternity care at this stage? I'm going public and hoping for the best!

• Advertisement

im going public too, im sure it will be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Im due in the last week of august :) this will be my 2nd Ds was 3 past. I had a horrible 3 months with that pregnancy and really hoping this one wont be as bad,running around after a 3yr old and having morning sickness doesnt sound like fun lol havnt told families yet,think we will hold out until 8weeks.anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Hey Ladies, turns out im already 10 weeks gone, due 1st August, so happy now that the dreaded first trimester is almost over me. This is all according to the doctor though so still have to go for my scan, which will be within the month he said, but the hubby's aunt is maternity ward sister in another hospital and she has me booked in when we go to visit in early Feb, so exciting times. I going public also, although in fairness to me I don't think there is anywhere for me to go private around these parts lol we just have plain aul Letterkenny GH.

Sitting here trying to study though for my exam's and I swear my brain has turned to mush, I can't even spell the simplest of words, spell-check is my new BFF.

Hope you are all keeping well xx

10 weeks tomorrow, not doing too bad this week, just wish the nausea would F off im sick of felling sick all the time, cant wait to hae my 1st scan id go for one right now if i could :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hi Ladies,
    I am due Baby No. 3 August 18th. I went private with my 2 boys but we simply can't afford it this time. My GP said I would only be wasting my money anyway. She said I will be well looked after going public. It was good to hear because I had been feeling guilty not going private this time.
    Congratulations to you all. :)

@Laura - 10 weeks already, congratulations that's brilliant! I feel like these weeks are passing so slowly! Only been sick in the past week, but I'm dying for it to pass already, but I've probably got a while to go yet (only at 7 weeks). Hopefully you're nearly there Betsie!
    Just got appt for 1st (well, only!) scan at Holles Street and it's not till April (I'll be 21 weeks). Don't think I can wait that long, so will probably book a private scan. It'd be nice to have had one before telling everyone at 3 monthsish. Is anyone else doing this?

work up this morning with the mother of all colds, as if i wasnt miserable enough i have to cope with this too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

@Scunners,

I am definitely going to book a private scan if I don't get an appointment in the hospital around the 12 week mark. I am already starting to show and I am only 8 weeks. This is my third pregnancy in 4 years so I guess things are a bit loose:D

Hi guys, nearly 10weeks now,booked into holles street the other day don't have my first app til 7th of feb and my first scan isn't til 27th of march!!!

I will be 21 weeks at that stage so I booked myself in for a private one in swords next week(very nervous as twins run in both families)I will let you's know how it goes!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mammytobe

Hi girls. I am very happy to see this thread.
    Found out at the weekend that I am expecting my first baby. Im so nervous and dont know what to be feeling!
    In a long-term relationship so all in fine in that aspect just a bit of a shock.

The digital test said im 4-5 weeks gone, but I cant remember what dates my last period was.
    When should I go to the doctor, do they book a scan or do I do it myself???

Sorry for the questions, I think this thread with be my new best friend for the next 8 or so months!!! :)

Advertisement