Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIT Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Oh actually, I meant to ask - is their anyone else on here (lurkers - come join us!) who's in DT365? Or am I the only one.

It's the biggest course in DIT so surely there has to be more than 1!

Also, 2hour Accounting Lectures should be outlawed as a form of cruel and unusual punishment. Absolute torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

DIT will be named institute of technology of the year by the Sunday Times this Sunday apparently. Great stuff.

Mo14 wrote: »
    DIT will be named institute of technology of the year by the Sunday Times this Sunday apparently. Great stuff.

I'd expect nothing less :D

Sooo... anyone at the Halloween ball? (I wasn't, but it's a shame to see this thread flop). Was it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I had good fun :) Went as a wrestler. Some people went all out, plenty of smurfs there.

• Advertisement

So, what's everyone's opinion on the election? Did the right guy win? What do ye think of President Elect Higgins (I know it's not official yet, but it's as good as)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Very happy that Michael D. won here - as far as I'm concerned he's by far the best embodiment of Ireland that we could've shown to the world out of any of the candidates in the election, and to paraphrase Billy Bragg, I'm happy that the electorate of our country were able to choose a poet over a businessman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭overshoot

definately the best of the lot... very happy mcGuinness took Gallagher down with him, would have been horrible if he won

overshoot wrote: »
    definately the best of the lot... very happy mcGuinness took Gallagher down with him, would have been horrible if he won

Oh definitely. If Gallagher had of one, I would have been considering my Irish Citizenship very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Does anyone know how to get from Cathal Brugha street out to Rathmines? I've to go out next week for an interview for the student assistance fund and haven't a clue how to get out there. I can't seem to find anything on the website.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get from Cathal Brugha street out to Rathmines? I've to go out next week for an interview for the student assistance fund and haven't a clue how to get out there. I can't seem to find anything on the website.

I'm gonna assume you know where O'Connell street is. Well it's just off that. As you are walking up towards Parnell Square on O'Connell street, it's on your right, about 2/3's of the way up the street. Once you're on CB Street, you can't miss it. I'm relatively certain that the street will be sign posted anyway.

If memory serves you can get the 83 from Rathmines to O'Connell street, but you'd need to check that first to be sure. :)

I read that completely wrong, as you can see - had a lot of alcohol last night and the brain isn't fully functioning yet :o

Get the 83 bus out to Rathmines, or you could walk it either, would take about 15/20 mins from Aungier Street. It's kinda one big long continuous street from AST. Just walk away from the City Centre, and cross over the bridge at the canal, then keep going straight. There's two DIT buildings in Rathmines, so I dunno which one you have to go to, but they are both on the Right as you're coming from town. One is beside/behind the Rathmines Public Library, the other is 2 or 3 buildings down from it, not sure which direction though.

Hope that helps.

Don't suppose anyone has any idea what the capacity of the Black Box Theatre in Aungier Street is, do they? I've tried googling it, bit no luck so far :mad:

I fucking hate SafeAssaign.

That is all

I fucking hate SafeAssaign.

That is all

Do DIT use it? I had to use it for everything when I was in UCD but haven't been asked to use it once in DIT!

Do DIT use it? I had to use it for everything when I was in UCD but haven't been asked to use it once in DIT!

Yeah only certain lecturers use it. I'm beginning to hate this lecturer.

Do any of ye know if we get any time off around easter next semester? Or is it just reading week in March? Trying to get away for a few days somewhere and need to know when I can >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got my exam timetable not too hideous one exam that i just dont know how to answer though.

And I'm on my christmas holidays:)

Got my exam timetable not too hideous one exam that i just dont know how to answer though.

And I'm on my christmas holidays:)

Do they email the timetable or do I have to go hunt it down somewhere?

Mine was emailed to me. Perhaps it varies from school to school.

• Advertisement

One of the girls in my course took a picture of it and put it up on facebook.
    Ours are just inside the doors of Auinger street in the foyer.

Pressumably they're there in the other colleges.

The head of my course puts the timetable up on webex, i just kinda assumed that all course heads would do something similar

The head of my course puts the timetable up on webex, i just kinda assumed that all course heads would do something similar

I've never heard of webex.

Meh we live in the dark ages with paper and the like.
    The timetables get posted out to ya aswell.

I've never heard of webex.

Meh we live in the dark ages with paper and the like.
    The timetables get posted out to ya aswell.
    Really? I thought it was kinda standard throughout DIT. If i remember correctly, at the start of first year, the course head's exact words were 'we don't use webcourses for much because its shite, we use webex instead'

What course are you doing anyway aisling

Really? I thought it was kinda standard throughout DIT. If i remember correctly, at the start of first year, the course head's exact words were 'we don't use webcourses for much because its shite, we use webex instead'

What course are you doing anyway aisling

I'm in film & broadcasting/Irish.

Sure only one of my lecturers uses web courses the rest just email stuff.

Do any of ye know if we get any time off around easter next semester? Or is it just reading week in March? Trying to get away for a few days somewhere and need to know when I can >.>
    I'm very lazy, and couldn't be arsed checking, but I've a vague memory of copying the academic calendar into the definitive guide to dit thread

Were off from the 31st of march to the 16th of April.

http://www.dit.ie/services/academicaffairsandregistrar/calendar/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hey all, as some of you will know, SU elections will be in full swing come semester 2. I'm putting together a campaign team as I try to get elected to the VP Academic & Student Affairs position. If you'd like to help out then PM me. I need all the help I can get :)

Happy Christmas everyone. Hope Santa is nice to you all

• Advertisement

Have the passwords changed for checking timetables? I've been trying for a few days to check for next semester so I can tell my boss what days I can work, but every time I try to log in it says my details are incorrect...

Advertisement