Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pity I threw the box out of mine. Not a massive fan to be honest, buttons kinda feel cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not a massive job to throw in a few Sanwas though DooM. Just get drunk first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

bush wrote: »
    These sticks seem to be getting rare I shouldn't have sent mine back and sold it for a massive profit :pac:

was it the palm space issue you mentioned a page or two back that made you send it back?
    Pity I threw the box out of mine. Not a massive fan to be honest, buttons kinda feel cheap.

sure doomy you dont need a box to sell it to me, its all good :pac:
    can feel ya on the buttons though, i have set of sanwa clears ready to go for when mine was meant to get here before xmas.

as chopper said if all thats annoying you is the buttons thats not a huge fix, how do u find the smaller hand rest by the way?

funny how ive been breaking my balls to get a ps4 stick and we having people sending them back lol

sure doomy you dont need a box to sell it to me, its all good :pac:
    can feel ya on the buttons though, i have set of sanwa clears ready to go for when mine was meant to get here before xmas.

as chopper said if all thats annoying you is the buttons thats not a huge fix, how do u find the smaller hand rest by the way?

I've no problem changing the stick or buttons, I'm mainly mentioning it as it's a big selling feature- but to me the buttons feel like the cheapo stock madcatz ones!

I've no problem with the size or shape or the rest, feels ok. The smaller throw of the hayabusa does take a little getting used to but unlike the buttons it feels nice and responsive.

I'm not selling it dude, sorry- it's going to be doomstick 5 for the time being until someone figures out a dual mod for one of my older ones...

I've no problem changing the stick or buttons, I'm mainly mentioning it as it's a big selling feature- but to me the buttons feel like the cheapo stock madcatz ones!

I've no problem with the size or shape or the rest, feels ok. The smaller throw of the hayabusa does take a little getting used to but unlike the buttons it feels nice and responsive.

I'm not selling it dude, sorry- it's going to be doomstick 5 for the time being until someone figures out a dual mod for one of my older ones...

no worries, yea aint much options for dual modding at mo, since the ds4 is apparently a crazy hard hack and the ps360+ firmware is a fail but did see on srk theres a hori pad in which the pcb is closer to the old ps3/360 one

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190681/hori-fighting-commander-4-for-ps3-and-ps4

still not something id be able to do myself though lol but would be nice to keep the my qanba alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

so the hori v4 went from temp out of stock to unavailable on amazon today so guess i wont be getting one of those anytime soon :(

if any boardsie who got one doesnt like theres and wants to make a profit on it let me know lol (tumbleweed blows by)

did see this on my googling today though which could be a good option instead of a near e300-400 japan import

http://www.amazon.de/Playstation-Arcade-Stick-Kabelgebunden-Lizenziert/dp/B00NHDSINS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1420758888&sr=8-7&keywords=venom+ps4

company who makes it told me on twitter it uses japanese parts (didnt mention a brand though) so could be easy to sanwa/JLF up hopefully
    IF it works on PS4 that would be very interesting; I hadn't heard about any unlicensed PS4 controllers yet.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    IF it works on PS4 that would be very interesting; I hadn't heard about any unlicensed PS4 controllers yet.

dunno if you talking about venom or hori so..

the venom is licensed, has ps3/ps4 switch which handy also.
    the hori FC4 100% works on ps4, its a ps4 pad.
    theres another ps4 hori pad also but i think i read its not common ground.

dont think you can get the hori's in EU, think you have to get them from playasia or other japan site, not 100% on that as haven't done much searching on them

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zeusko

Doom, so in this regards I am considering just to take qanba q4 as it is available even now. And thats your Doomstick 1-4 right? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I got the guilty gear pad and im gonna mod into my stick when I can be arsed.

dunno if you talking about venom or hori so..

the venom is licensed, has ps3/ps4 switch which handy also.
    the hori FC4 100% works on ps4, its a ps4 pad.
    theres another ps4 hori pad also but i think i read its not common ground.

dont think you can get the hori's in EU, think you have to get them from playasia or other japan site, not 100% on that as haven't done much searching on them
    I can't even find a website for "Venom", looks like snake oil to me.

• Advertisement

I can't even find a website for "Venom", looks like snake oil to me.

http://venomuk.com

https://twitter.com/VenomGamingUK

stick isn't on there site yet though, there twitter said be released in month or two and the dates on amazon.de/es say feb 16th but doubt that wrote in stone.
    i just want something so i can play mkx in april

zeusko wrote: »
    Doom, so in this regards I am considering just to take qanba q4 as it is available even now. And thats your Doomstick 1-4 right? :D

Yeah the Qanba is the last stick I got, it's the one I bring to all tournaments I play in. Good, solid, reliable stick (although the plastic is weak on the transparent models, which I've only noticed because I'm a fanboy of 80's toys and it's a common issue for them :) )

stick isn't on there site yet though, there twitter said be released in month or two and the dates on amazon.de/es say feb 16th but doubt that wrote in stone.

Madcatz are trying their hardest to restock the TE2 for Ultra's PS4 release too so you should be ok. They're flying out of stock at the mo.

Funny, this reminds me of when vanilla SF4 came out, everyone desperate to try and find a TE...

Madcatz are trying their hardest to restock the TE2 for Ultra's PS4 release too so you should be ok. They're flying out of stock at the mo.

Funny, this reminds me of when vanilla SF4 came out, everyone desperate to try and find a TE...

next batch is set for feb i think. preorders option on that batch already gone from US store, markman/madcatzuk replied to me saying there not selling the ps4 te2 in EU but will update with information when they have it (so prob much later in the year)

know what u mean about them flying out, 100 GG sticks were added the other day outta nowwhere and sold out in under 5 mins.

so hoping the venom has a jlf connection for a easy swap out seems my best bet at mo, i know the mayflash(cheap stick people use for modding) didnt though so we'll see. i couldnt solder myself out of a paper bag :o

if only everyone would use labzeros driver :(

http://venomuk.com

https://twitter.com/VenomGamingUK

I'll buy one too and disassemble it.
    Less than 100 for a full arcade spec stick?!

I'll buy one too and disassemble it.
    Less than 100 for a full arcade spec stick?!

If they said Japanese instead of specifically naming the company couldn't it be b grade stuff?

I mean not that it matters if it's hot swappable. Big if though.

If they said Japanese instead of specifically naming the company couldn't it be b grade stuff?

yea i sent a second message straight out asking were they sanwa and they replied saying "there authentic buttons and layout" so b grade might be wishfull thinking haha

hopefully if its not straight swappable ill find someone within the community willing to do the soldering for me :o

still have one more lifeline on the TE2 front with jamesmk trying to nab one for me

It's not unprecedented. The VSHG was full Sanwa for ¥7329 yen ($62 USD) on release.

It's not unprecedented. The VSHG was full Sanwa for ¥7329 yen ($62 USD) on release.

Which was made by Sega, who make arcade cabinets.

Which was made by Sega, who make arcade cabinets.
    Also, the Yen was super weak back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MysteriousDrD

Hey guys, was just wondering if I could get some opinions on some more uncommon buttons. I just imported a HRAP V4 and I'll probably use some Sanwa buttons on there, but I'm also in the process of building my own stick from scratch (quite into DIY and woodworking as well as fighting games) and I was wondering if you guys knew of any sturdier "thicker" buttons that I could use?

I'm building it more for aesthetics than my main stick (and to sharpen up my woodworking skills), and I want a thicker plastic than Sanwas as I'm going to be doing some custom detailing on the plastic and I don't want to punch through it and wreck the microswitches. I also want quite a heavy meaty press, and while Sanwa are the best for sensitivity they're too sensitive for the idea i have in mind.

Also, there's still no PS4 compatible PCBs out on the market without doing pad hacks, right?

Hey guys, was just wondering if I could get some opinions on some more uncommon buttons. I just imported a HRAP V4 and I'll probably use some Sanwa buttons on there, but I'm also in the process of building my own stick from scratch (quite into DIY and woodworking as well as fighting games) and I was wondering if you guys knew of any sturdier "thicker" buttons that I could use?

I'm building it more for aesthetics than my main stick (and to sharpen up my woodworking skills), and I want a thicker plastic than Sanwas as I'm going to be doing some custom detailing on the plastic and I don't want to punch through it and wreck the microswitches. I also want quite a heavy meaty press, and while Sanwa are the best for sensitivity they're too sensitive for the idea i have in mind.

Also, there's still no PS4 compatible PCBs out on the market without doing pad hacks, right?
    Sanwa OBSF-30 activation force is ~60g.

A Seimitsu PS-14-G (snap-in) has activation force ~85g, and a nice flat surface to work on.
    [TBH, you'd be better off with clear buttons & art inserts underneath.
    Or take the rim out of the plunger before working on it.]

IL (Industrias Lorenza) buttons are ~75g and can also take a beating.

There's also the Sanwa OBS-30A/B series (~100g), but I've never tried instaling them.

--
    No PS4 PCBs in the wild yet, only thing you can do is keep an eye on SRK Tech Talk and look to see what's easy to padhack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MysteriousDrD

Sanwa OBSF-30 activation force is ~60g.

A Seimitsu PS-14-G (snap-in) has activation force ~85g, and a nice flat surface to work on.
    [TBH, you'd be better off with clear buttons & art inserts underneath.
    Or take the rim out of the plunger before working on it.]

IL (Industrias Lorenza) buttons are ~75g and can also take a beating.

There's also the Sanwa OBS-30A/B series (~100g), but I've never tried instaling them.

--
    No PS4 PCBs in the wild yet, only thing you can do is keep an eye on SRK Tech Talk and look to see what's easy to padhack.

Thanks!

Think I'm going to look at the Seimitsu buttons, I would go with clear buttons and art inserts but I'm going for a Norse mythology style runic carving design for the stick so I don't want anything that isn't like a fairly tactile material - plastic buttons are a bit of a cheat but I do want some build quality so not making my own plungers. :P

As for the PCBs, that sucks but I'll keep my eyes open - just making the case should take up a lot of my time on that project for now!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Also, the Yen was super weak back then.

Yen is still insanely weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yen has become weak again.
    FTFY. And there's a long way to go before it hits the lows we saw back in the likes of '07 and '08.

Yeah the Qanba is the last stick I got, it's the one I bring to all tournaments I play in. Good, solid, reliable stick (although the plastic is weak on the transparent models, which I've only noticed because I'm a fanboy of 80's toys and it's a common issue for them :) )

Thx man, I bought Qanba Q4 from playasia, they got it 40euro cheaper then from arcadestick even with delivery. Cant wait now :)
    Now I need to relearn what grip to use to best maximize movement :D Maybe somone any ideas on that? Also if there is someone who want to play total beginner in SF4 on steam my nick is milamber-svk ;)

I also seen parts about modding, thx guys thats interesting, probably will wait until I try it, but defo at least my own art on the box I will try :D

You will get hit with customs ordering from play-asia on an item that size. Could be as much as €60.

You will get hit with customs ordering from play-asia on an item that size. Could be as much as €60.

it costs 100dollars so customs couldnt be more then 20euro i think, but anyway it is going by fedex so they should have already customs covered as it was almost 50euro for delivery. Well anyway I will see and let you know here how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I've had customs charges both times I've used Fedex with them.

• Advertisement

Naphiel wrote: »
    I've had customs charges both times I've used Fedex with them.

What was the price of item and what was the custom charge then please?

Advertisement