Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

well i could see it coming since the ratings were great, but it's still nice to see it confirmed :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

whiteman19 wrote: »
    well i could see it coming since the ratings were great, but it's still nice to see it confirmed :D

I also think international sales played a part, i'm sure it'll be on in the UK pretty soon, Sky or cable.

hope it doesn't go the way of Being Erica and get relegated to the late night slot, though that doesn't affect me watching it, but it might play a part in if it gets renewed again

whiteman19 wrote: »
    hope it doesn't go the way of Being Erica and get relegated to the late night slot, though that doesn't affect me watching it, but it might play a part in if it gets renewed again

Dunno if E4 would pick it up, maybe FX or something...thanks to the mods for editing the thread title :)

Another solid ep. this week...looks glorious in HD :-)
    More mythloogy in this ep. - so Trick/the bar keep dude is in fact the blood king, i also STRONGLY suspect he is in fact Bo's father!

It may be that a dark and light Fae "bonded" and had Bo!

• Advertisement

Ep. 10 was another solid ep. - kenzi once again cracked me up!, she gets some brilliant and whitty dialogue, + Bo gets to hang with another hot female succubus + learns some new skillz,

Ep. 11 looks like a cracker as well, with the return of Emmanuelle Vaugier:

Fun fact, ep. 8 was the original pilot!....it also happened to be the best and action packed ep. + the most dark.

I'll be watching ep. 11 later on and report, for now a preview of ep. 12 :-)

Woah!...Lost Girl has made it into the top ten most pirated list!!!...i think this proves how popular the show is outside of a cable channel in Canada :-)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/thr-esq/piracy-hot-list-despicable-dr-54730

Here's a list of the top ten pirated TV shows on the ****** ***:

1. Chuck
    2. Gossip Girl
    3. The Event
    4. Dexter
    5. 90210
    6. Lie to Me
    7. The Walking Dead
    8. Boardwalk Empire
    9. Lost Girl
    10. True Blood

New interview with Dyson/Kris Holden...he states series 2 will be a more serialised show and not so standalone episode-ish, i personally like this idea....they need to get more into the mythology of the show:

http://www.suite101.com/content/kris-holden-ried-talks-about-lost-girl-and-its-faentastic-world-a314407#ixzz172chYTas%3Cbr%20/%3E

Ep. 11 was pretty good, Vex is a great character...he's like totally channeling Jack Sparrow with his look and accent. Emmanuelle Vaugier put in a nice apperance, she looked super hot!....hope we see more of her in series 2.

Not much humour and witty dialogue in this ep. - was kinda get down business with Dyson being framed for murder. Two more to go and a long wait for next September :-(

Ep. 12 was kinda average overall...few good Kenzi lines, but i think the end made up for it. This Saskia/Eva chick is SUPER HOT sexy succubus!....she's in the season finale next week.

The promo hints that maybe she is
    Bo's sister?

Very enjoyable series overall, a surprise to me and many others how good it is considering it's on an almost invisible Canadian cable station wherby 500,000 viewers is considered a big hit, i must ask mods to add spoiler tags once the season is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Why wait? :)

What a brilliant finale. Just loads of action. i'll wait until you've watched it, richard before posting my thoughts. may need to watch it once more myself :D

^ Whiteman *cheers* for not spoiling it!...i have it, but not seen it yet. I usually stock up on a few shows and watch them in batches, hopefulyy it'll answer some questions + be a cracker!

richard, you watch Life Unexpected, don't you?

did you notice this? spotted it on another forum and was surprised. two very different shows i must say
    ksenia.jpg

^ that's actually weird because i'd been watching LUX and when Lost Girl started i didn't even KNOW it was Ksenia was in both!...for one thing Kensia is TOTALLY different on LUX, not only in apperance but her character/presence etc.

It took me a few ep. of LG to see the connection she's soo different. Stunning looking girl though.....she's also in Black Swan.

Some details on upcoming season 2:

From an interview with Michelle Lovretta:

"In Season 2, with the world sufficiently established, we'll finally get more into the back stories of all our favourite characters, including how Lauren came to be with The Ash, which is quite complicated. Last year Lauren did a lot of protecting Bo; In season two Bo might be called upon to return the favour and do the saving. It remains to be seen whether Bo and Lauren will patch things up romantically, but Lauren is a strong character and I can't see her accepting second place for long if Bo is still pining for Dyson. So, either Bo will be "all in," or there will be tension and some decisions for all three to make in next season. And I personally wouldn't rule out new love interests for any of them."

^ for anyone who hasen't seen LG....please do give it a shot, it's better than you might think!

Dunno how this will effect the show: Sad news, Writer / Execute Producer Peter Mohan (Blood Ties) who wrote episode 2 (Where There's a Will, There's a Fae) and episode 11 (Faetal Justice) has left Lost Girl. He announced it on his twitter citing his commitment to Showcase's upcoming XIII as the reason for his departure.

Bo/Anna Silk interview (new): http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/features/article_1620741.php/EXCLUSIVE-Anna-Silk-discusses-her-inner-Lost-Girl

Interviewer comment: M&C: I’ve just loved the relationships on the show and the way it’s played out, and interspersed with the action. It’s a nice balanced show. In fact I’m going to have a lot of Joss Whedon fans baying for my blood here, but I think its a better show than Buffy.

^ woah!..lol!, don't let Wheadon fans see that mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

So finally checked out the pilot; thanks Whiteman ;) and it really wasn't as cheesy as the promos I watched made it out to be. I can't say I'm too fond of Bo though, but I'm sure she'll grow on me.

^ the Lost Girl "world" takes time to get used to, by ep. 3 Bo and Kenzi's chemistry kicks in + the dialogue improves, in many ways LG is as close to premium cable content as you can get. It has swearing and adult dialogue + nudity and sex scenes.....scenes that go beyond basic cable but not full on nudity/sex like premium.

There is the great love triangle of Bo/Dyson and female doctor Lauren....so even there it's not a conventional 3some, ahem....i mean triangle. Like i said LG is not to everyone's taste, budgetwise is very cheap, CGI/production values are barebone at best.

But it's the characters, mythos and chemistry of the leads that sells it + a real whit for clever and funny dialogue, the fact that the girls are all super hot always helps....and for the ladies you have wolfie Dyson :-)

• Advertisement

I really like Kenzi. Instantly clicked with her while watching the pilot, and I already like the comardeie between her & Bo. I'm definitely going to stick with it, so.. much thanks for the recommendations you guys!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

not seen it but have just read through the thread and I think Richard Dower and whiteman19 should get a room;)

It really is like a conversation between them - I'll have to have a look at the show now.

Up to episode 3 now. Really starting to enjoy it. Loving the chemistry between Bo/Dyson & Bo/Kenzi, and guess what it only took 3 eps but I rather like Bo now :P

Wow! Anna Silk is 37yrs old. Did not see that coming.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    not seen it but have just read through the thread and I think Richard Dower and whiteman19 should get a room;)

It really is like a conversation between them - I'll have to have a look at the show now.
    well, when we were the only two watching the show, that's kinda what the thread became :P
    DeWitt wrote: »
    Wow! Anna Silk is 37yrs old. Did not see that coming.
    I know :eek: couldn't believe it either
    Up to episode 3 now. Really starting to enjoy it. Loving the chemistry between Bo/Dyson & Bo/Kenzi, and guess what it only took 3 eps but I rather like Bo now :P
    yeah, Bo took a bit of warming to for me as well. felt her character was a bit whiny in the first 2/3 episodes, but the show really gets into its stride now

It's strange depending on who she's sharing a scene with she actually does look like someone in their late 30's, yet she can pass for an 18yr in that flashback scene too.

Up to episode 10 now. Grr! I'm so conflicted, I don't know how Bo does it. Lauren or Dyson. Who to choose?

Any word on a DVD release?
    Wasn't really impressed with Bo's Mom. Very cheesy, and Anna Silk's fight scenes kinda make me lol, but oh well.
    Okay, I think I'm team Lauren now..maybe :P It's too hard to choose [facepalm]
    Interesting twist with Dyson & Bo. Can't wait to see where season 2 takes them.
    Um is there a possibility Trick is Bo's Father? I say is because I really doubt he's dead. He's too awesome a character to kill off. Or perhaps it was the guy walking into the shadows with her Moms body.

Great show, glad I checked it out. Now I just have to deal with the long break until season 2 returns.

It's strange depending on who she's sharing a scene with she actually does look like someone in their late 30's, yet she can pass for an 18yr in that flashback scene too.

Up to episode 10 now. Grr! I'm so conflicted, I don't know how Bo does it. Lauren or Dyson. Who to choose?

Team Dyson! :P

I really want one of those tshirts he was talking about :P

• Advertisement

Anna Silk announced on the Twitter shooting begins on season 2 in May!

Advertisement