Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood donation, supplies very low

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

From the look of the calender there is a clinic in Greystones once every five months which is a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

they dont seem to make it easy to donate. Every time i have ever looked on the website they never have anything in a reasonable time frame or in a reasonable distance.

Im living in galway and saw this urgent demand!!! checked the website on the 10th January. They dont have anything in my area till the 4th of February and even at that its a 20 minute drive away from the city.

if they are always short in demand why not have a permanent location in every major city thats open 1 day a week and everything will be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

if they are always short in demand why not have a permanent location in every major city thats open 1 day a week and everything will be sorted.

Yeah but you see this is Ireland.. we don't do things that make logical sense here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

DubMedic wrote: »
    Yeah but you see this is Ireland.. we don't do things that make logical sense here.

Logic? What the hell is that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

I'd love to give blood, but I've been told by people that because I've had Leukeamia as a child that I can't give any, is this true, is there a doctor in the house????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

sirrah wrote: »
    I'd love to give blood, but I've been told by people that because I've had Leukeamia as a child that I can't give any, is this true, is there a doctor in the house????
    Dunno, there are restrictions in place depending on how much blood and where from you got it from. If you had leukaemia, you probably got a lot of various things.

I would suggest getting on to the IBTS. They'll have a much more detailed list to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Thankyou.jpg

In the newspaper today, well done to all who donated!

Advertisement