Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E4, Channel 4, More 4 all free to air

• 06-05-2008 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BHG

to the sound of roisin murphy E4 goes FTA 10:25am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

and more 4 as well....and channel 4! wahoo....if this last, nthell will be getting a cancellation letter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭ Toby Quiet Strictness

I have a sky digibox with the subscription cancelled. I have the UK EPG on it will channell 4 become available on the EPG now. I already have it tuned in on other channels but would be more convienent on th EPG.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have a sky digibox with the subscription cancelled. I have the UK EPG on it will channell 4 become available on the EPG now. I already have it tuned in on other channels but would be more convienent on th EPG.

As yet the main C4 channel is FTV not FTA, you'll need to use the "other channels" entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

makes it all the more sad really that as an irish viewer you cannot freely get rte tv3 and tg4 on satelitte yet you can get bbc1 2 3 4 utv itv 2 3 4 channel 4 more 4 e4 and a bucketload of others free.

makes skys charges look increasingly bad value for money too. half their varietly channels are now fta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭ Toby Quiet Strictness

Thanks MYOB not too well up on this stuff. Is it a fair bet it will go FTA soon and be available on the EPG also are channel 5 likely to do the same.Also when I have the UK EPG should channel 4 and 5 not be on them even though I wouldn't be able to view them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What are the transponder numbers for E4 and More4?

all available on 10729v, 22000 - channel 4 still comes up as 8350 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BHG

tp 42 10729 V SR22000 FEC 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It sounds like Sky have priced themselves out of the market. They charge millions for EPG which costs them nothing. It seems that ITV/BBC/C4 won't pay for any extra Freesat channels to be put on Sky EPG.

The WHOLE freesat financing by BBC/ITV is a fraction of what either pays to Sky for EPG placement. I'd guess when Freesat reaches critical mass, If Sky wants any of BBC, ITV or C4 on EPG they will have to pay the Broadcasters, like Sky does already for Irish EPG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

10729v 22000 is the freq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Note you get C4, More 4, More 4+1, E4 and E4+1. Anyone know what the FF test is?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

TheDriver wrote: »
    Note you get C4, More 4, More 4+1, E4 and E4+1. Anyone know what the FF test is?

Cool, some good stuff on them found myself watching on of them every night fora few hours at a go.

FF test is Film four test , been there since it went FTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Interestingly Channel 4, Channel 4+1 and E4 are still encrypted on the EPG. The others are FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I'm watching E4, E4+1, More4, More+1 on a Sky digibox sans viewing card (generic London EPG).

You can watch Channel 4 also. Tune it in with the following 10729 V 22000 5/6. It is labelled 8350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

channel 5 signed a 5 year encryption contract with sky on june 12th 2003. so pure speculation but channel 5 could be available june 13th. any thoughts????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭emaherx

Freesat website says five available soon. So that could well be the date

e4 + 1 and more4 +1 are also unlocked at the moment? anyone know if its gonna stay like this? theres no mention of it on the freesat site...its great to finally see the channel 4 lineup on freesat!

e4 + 1 and more4 +1 are also unlocked at the moment?

They will remain free for as long as they are running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

I assume if I order Sky that I will still be able to get all of these irrespective, yes???

PS does anyone here know anything about flatscreen TV's? Mine is a black diamond and appears to have developed some sort of an issue with the screen....asked around on the other forums and got no help. Ta.

• Advertisement

You will be able to tune them into Other Channels. As for the question about your tv you would be better off asking in the Home Entertainment section of this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Just incase anyone needs the codes....

10729 Vertical, 22000

Channel 4 video 2335. audio 2336. pcr 2310
    E4. video 2322. audio 2323. pcr 2306
    E4+1 video 2340. audio 2341. pcr 2305
    More4 video 2357. audio 2358. pcr 2311
    More4+1 video 2349. audio 2350. pcr 2307

Happy Days, stick it to sky, hope people are right about channel 5 being on the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Apparently, Digitalspy have confirmed that E4 and More 4 are now free to air on satellite.
    Great news, anyone had a chance to check it out yet?.

Plenty of threads about this already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Yes, E4, More4, E4+1, More4+1, and channel 4, still called 8350 all in the clear. Unfortunately, by ironic coincidence, RTE DTT has disapeared from sight. Oh well, you win some ......

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Plenty of threads about this already.

I saw a thread about E4+1 and More4+1 being removed from the Irish epg but I think the news of these two channels going FTA is worthy of it's very own thread.

Just scanned and both channels along with the +1 variants are all available on FTA box.

There is also E4 free to air !

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    There is also E4 free to air !

Didn't spot it, merge with other thread if possible.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 old_peregrine

Hope I'm posting this in the right place- I've been trying to get access to More4+1 manually, using details on this site, (10729 V SR22000 FEC 5/6) since it's not on the Sky Ireland EPG any more,but although all the other Channel 4 channels come up, More4+1 doesn't. Anyone have any idea how to get this, please?

Advertisement