Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tyrant [FX] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

mafaa wrote: »
    episode 9, why would Jamal trust Barry unconditionally ?
    Well,
    Barry did just murder someone to protect Jamal so that kind of thing would breed a certain amount of trust and loyalty from him
    . Not to mention that since Barry had run away before and gives every appearance of hating the whole dictatorship thing its not like he'd be a contender for any kind of power struggle whereas a general with an army behind him would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

JohnK wrote: »
    Well,
    Barry did just murder someone to protect Jamal so that kind of thing would breed a certain amount of trust and loyalty from him
    . Not to mention that since Barry had run away before and gives every appearance of hating the whole dictatorship thing its not like he'd be a contender for any kind of power struggle whereas a general with an army behind him would be.

points taken, however, circumstances will change a person when his threshold is trigger. Thankful to Barry doesn't mean blind trust , General Tariq years of service will definitely create enemies ; also Jamal would trust his uncle subordinate so easily, Jamal should feel something is just not right whether it is Barry or Tariq :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

points taken, however, circumstances will change a person when his threshold is trigger. Thankful to Barry doesn't mean blind trust , General Tariq years of service will definitely create enemies ; also Jamal would trust his uncle subordinate so easily, Jamal should feel something is just not right whether it is Barry or Tariq :)
    well if it was a choice between a genaral in the army who has protested the whole way and your brother who shows no interest is taking power, your gonna trust your brother first, just cause jamal shows trust towards barry doesnt mean its unconditional, im sure he has his doubts hes not a complete idiot, but one problem at a time,

don ramo wrote: »
    well if it was a choice between a genaral in the army who has protested the whole way and your brother who shows no interest is taking power, your gonna trust your brother first, just cause jamal shows trust towards barry doesnt mean its unconditional, im sure he has his doubts hes not a complete idiot, but one problem at a time,

but according to episode 9, Jamal seems to trust Barry unconditionally ; well, hopefully the series doesn't show Jamal is an idiot or else it will be too simple , but then someone must take the blame ; wonder who is it ? :D

but according to episode 9, Jamal seems to trust Barry unconditionally ; well, hopefully the series doesn't show Jamal is an idiot or else it will be too simple , but then someone must take the blame ; wonder who is it ? :D
    well i can say i love hitler, just cause i said it doesnt means its what i believe, i believe that jamal wanted rid of tariq anyway, and this was just as good an excuse as any to do it, there is probably some unknown history between them also, just like there was with jamal and barrys father and tariq,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

um so how does he get out of this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Brilliant, can't wait until next season! If there is one that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I had a feeling early on that Hakim was going to cave but I thought once they gotten this far all was ok, until I saw him having the second glass of wine at the dinner. Sang like a fecking canary and got himself killed.

I wish they'd confirm season 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭squonk

Great finale though I was a bit uncertain that Jamal knew something was up on the boat. They've had Jamal make loaded-sounding comments before when he was obviously in the dark. That was certainly a turnaround. I actually really like the performance of the actor playing Jamal. He gives the character great pathos, almost like an anti-hero. You can largely see how unhappy and alone he is but then he switches into cruel bastard mode again! For me he's the star of the show at this stage! I hope they get renewed. They certainly deserve it. I wonder if the production problems they had due to the conflict in Gaza might have a bearing on the lack of an announcement or might ultimately kill the show? Mind you I'd imagine it's safe to shoot in Israel again at this point.

Personally I'd love to execute Molly's sister at this stage. I thought they were doing something interesting with her but now she just appears to be the fúck up fairy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Series 1 reshowing on Fox tonight @10 from the start for anyone looking for something different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

great, can wait to see that mad hoor of a brother

are the americans still not going to get involved?

I doubt it, TheAmericans is set in the 80's so I wouldn't expect a crossover!:D

Starting on RTE2 tonite @ 22:50

looking forward to this wednesday morning :)

a very underrated show

the president looks different...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

the president looks different...

Shaved the head. Stunning opening episode though. Really gives me high hopes for the series.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Shaved the head. Stunning opening episode though. Really gives me high hopes for the series.
    put on some weight too, he's going to Dany it up, dumped in the desert and will return with an army

season is moving along nicely, 5 episodes in now and barry has decided he needs to do something to save the people of abuddin, but not from his brother, in the grand scheme of things jamal is probably the better option, at least under him you have some kind of choice, your not just conscripted by a passing army just cause they rolled through your town,

which is exactly what IS is doing at the moment in Iraq

im surprised barrys family have gotten to abuddin so fast, i wonder how long before barry gets back to the capital, or till jamal tells his wife that he freed her husband, and left him in the desert,

the ratings are pretty bad for this, which is a real shame, and very surprising, cause its such a good show,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah the show deserves far better ratings if they're bad. This week's episode was the best one so far IMHO. The Army of the Caliphate (aka ISIS) are a fairly frightening bunch. It was quite a switch rooting for Jamal and his Uncle all of a sudden! They are the lesser of two evils however. On the home front, Molly and James will turn into an interesting situation once Barry makes it out of the wilderness! Great show overall and I hope the ratings don't kill it because it de3srves better.

hate his wife though, she should have gone beserk when they were going to execute him, she didn't, way too calm, and now she gets in with this guy we don't know what he's up to... why does she want this blood money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You'd think people would know what the brother of the President, who attempted a coup d'etat, would look like. I mean, they have twitter at least! Surely there's one picture floating about?

You'd think people would know what the brother of the President, who attempted a coup d'etat, would look like. I mean, they have twitter at least! Surely there's one picture floating about?
    yeah but he looks a lot rougher, and hes supposed to be dead, id say hell help free maan, and end up in front of his brother to be congratulated,

i do think alright someone kinda should recognise him, but i still think its pretty believable that he hasnt been recognized yet,

fXDkbt9.png
    TYRANT_S2_KV_14_04_2015_258d_hires1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Great show. Americans probably find it too upsetting to know what's actually happening over there...if Only in a fictional version.

They prefers nice simple west is good middle east is bad approach...This show muddies the water to much for then so ratings suffer

Advertisement