Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2013: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had a look back at Jacques Villeneuve's F1 results at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, and of the ten races he took part there, he only finished in the points in one race which was the 1996 GP where he finished second.

Also, Jacques never managed to achieve a win at the same circuit where his dad won in 1978.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

lolie wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this race, usually a bit of excitement at it.

+1. Second only to Spa IMO. Reckon it'll be.......

Alonso
    Kimi
    Vettel

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭gerbear1

My prediction:

1. Vettel
    2. Kimi
    3. Massa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

1. Vettel
    2. Alonso
    3. Massa

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭colm911

I'm goin to stick my neck on the line
    1Rosberg
    2Vettel
    3Alonso
    4DiResta
    5Massa
    6kimi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

In case anyone who didn't watch FP1 and is now looking at the results and cant understand them, the track was soaking wet at the start and drying out towards the end, Maldonado crashed towards the end which brought out yellow flags which meant a lot retired to the pits but the ones that stayed out are top of the board. Didn't learn a whole lot from the session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Alonso
    Rosberg
    Massa

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Alonso
    Rosberg
    Kimi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Comical stuff at the presser. Hembury hasn't shown up (on legal advice) and all the questions are about the 'secret' test. Brawn confident they'll be cleared when the facts are known. 15 mins in and not one question about the Canadian GP so far.wh64xSJ.png
    Edit: Not a single question about the GP, all about the Merc test. Interesting questions asked about a rumoured email from Charlie giving Merc the green light for the test and whether Toto or Niki knew about the test (Ross refused to answer both).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

1. Hamilton
    2. Alonso
    3. Vettel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Rascasse wrote: »
    Comical stuff at the presser. Hembury hasn't shown up (on legal advice) and all the questions are about the 'secret' test. Brawn confident they'll be cleared when the facts are known. 15 mins in and not one question about the Canadian GP so far.wh64xSJ.png
    Edit: Not a single question about the GP, all about the Merc test. Interesting questions asked about a rumoured email from Charlie giving Merc the green light for the test and whether Toto or Niki knew about the test (Ross refused to answer both).
    Someone said this here last week but it does look more and more like they are trying to get rid of brawn. If they are not admitting that wolf and co knew about the test, its an absolute disgrace. Would anybody really believe that the whole race team could go to work for 3 days in barcelona and wolf not know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bigboy123

Kimi
    Hamilton
    Alonso

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Alonso
    Kimi
    Massa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Looks like it might be wet qualifying.

Startng to rain there now.

Bucketing down, FP3 delayed because of work on a barrier, starting in 8 mins but will still stop at 4. I see Susie Wolff has slept worked her way into commentating for the beeb...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Bucketing down, FP3 delayed because of work on a barrier, starting in 8 mins but will still stop at 4. I see Susie Wolff has slept worked her way into commentating for the beeb...

:pac::pac::D

Suzie Perry for me.:)

She has been a commentator for years with the Beeb.

She did MotoGP for them many years ago,then went and started a family.

She then did some freelance work and some work for Sky doing tecky/gadget shows for them and some motorsport for them.

Shes also a very keen motorbiker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hamilton seems a bit subdued in interviews at Canada...is there something going on in his personal life? Family well-being or perhaps a split with gf?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

paddy147 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::D

Suzie Perry for me.:)

She has been a commentator for years with the Beeb.

Yes I know that Paddy, that's why I said Susie Wolff, not Susie Perry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

astrofluff wrote: »
    Hamilton seems a bit subdued in interviews at Canada...is there something going on in his personal life? Family well-being or perhaps a split with gf?
    I'd imagine he's just annoyed about continually being asked about the secret test and why he's been behind Nico the last couple of races.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Did a quick search for news over the last week - the only thing I found was that he was being told to leave his dog at home. That's a bit harsh to refer to...:pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Watching the race on BBC,how much I've missed this coverage, EJ not sitting on the fence at all with this Mercedes Tyre scandal,beats boring Herbert and Hill any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Watching the race on BBC,how much I've missed this coverage, EJ not sitting on the fence at all with this Mercedes Tyre scandal,beats boring Herbert and Hill any day.

It can be a bit cringey at times but is full of character in comparison to Sky's pre-race coverage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Rain, yay. Radar looks like its down for about 5-10 minutes, possible break, then down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Rain+Slicks+Wall of Champions=possibly a mental qualifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The rain should really mix the grid up nicely.

**** forgot to do a top 3

Alonso
    Kimi
    Rosburg.

Any chance you will accept it 8 min into q1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

decisions wrote: »
    **** forgot to do a top 3

Alonso
    Kimi
    Rosburg.

Any chance you will accept it 8 min into q1.

No:D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

It can be a bit cringey at times but is full of character in comparison to Sky's pre-race coverage.
    EJ: "Sometimes you just have to get off the fence ever once and a while", if that was said in sky's coverage, there'd be sackings on the spot.

My top 3 is Rosberg,Webber and Vettel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,024 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

wonder could Rosberg get a slap on the wrist for the way he recovered the car after his spin, looked a bit clumsy blocking the other cars

• Advertisement

Another smash for Felipe :(

Advertisement