Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thai massage in Limerick City

• 03-01-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where is a good place to get an Authentic Thai oil massage.
    Need some rest and relaxation after much physical activity over the holidays.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭PaddyThai

New Thai massage place opened on Thomas street just before Christmas. It's on the junction of Thomas street and Foxes Bow.
    Very comfortable, well decorated with professional Thai staff.

As you can possibly deduce from my name I am used to Thai massage and this place is the best in Limerick at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

PaddyThai wrote: »
    New Thai massage place opened on Thomas street just before Christmas. It's on the junction of Thomas street and Foxes Bow.
    Very comfortable, well decorated with professional Thai staff.

As you can possibly deduce from my name I am used to Thai massage and this place is the best in Limerick at the moment.

What are the rates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭PaddyThai

I paid €60 for a full body oil massage. One hour. Important thing is the oil was hot. Other places charge extra for hot oil.
    Also, therapist was excellent. I was in a deep sleep for last 10 minutes. The ultimate compliment to a masseur is to fall asleep.

Full of energy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

+1 for the place underneath Blades.

Super massage there. So relaxing, and really sets your mind and body to rest.

Like PaddyThai, I was full of life the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

This weeks Leader has a report of this new Thai massage place being robbed.
    Very bad luck for a business that has just opened.

• Advertisement

Had massage last night at Thai Angel massage, on Thomas street.
    Absolutely brilliant.
    Lovely place.
    Lovely staff.
    Felt great afterwards and feel great now.
    They offer a range of massages. I had the full body hot oil massage for €50- introductory offer.

I'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Went to massage adverttised on local paper for chinese massage over new year.
    The most useless massage ever, room was like a fridge and towels felt like they were damp. Had to request no towels as they could not locate a dry one !! and cut massage to 1/2 hour just to get out.

Have been to some of the Thai places and depending on who you get there are some excellent therapists in some of them but if unlucky can also get someoe very bad. Probably only way to find out is try around and then request booking with the good therapist when you find some one good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

hope you didn't pay for the 1/2 hr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Had massage last night at Thai Angel massage, on Thomas street.
    Absolutely brilliant.
    Lovely place.
    Lovely staff.
    Felt great afterwards and feel great now.
    They offer a range of massages. I had the full body hot oil massage for €50- introductory offer.

I'll be back.

A happy ending so :D

• Advertisement

No 'Happy Ending'.
    This place does the genuine relaxing and stress relieving massage.
    That was what I wanted and that was what I got.

Other places in Limerick may provide the services mentioned in earlier posts but this one, I'm happy to say, gives a professional service. The owner is a qualified and experienced masseuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pimpthewife

I'd say very professional and experienced alright!!!!!! As they say you can take the girl out of Pattaya etc. ha ha!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NotSoDaft

Try unihealthcentre .com
    Very good massage and only €50
    (no funny stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bartooseboy

got massage in catherine street. very ahem satisfied. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

No 'Happy Ending'.
    This place does the genuine relaxing and stress relieving massage.
    That was what I wanted and that was what I got.

Other places in Limerick may provide the services mentioned in earlier posts but this one, I'm happy to say, gives a professional service. The owner is a qualified and experienced masseuse.
    I'd say very professional and experienced alright!!!!!! As they say you can take the girl out of Pattaya etc. ha ha!!!!
    NotSoDaft wrote: »
    Try unihealthcentre .com
    Very good massage and only €50
    (no funny stuff)

There are too many rumours about these places for there not to be some truth.....

- If its to relax muscles after exercise then I'd say you have to very specifically ask for 'just' a massage :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Raiser wrote: »
    - If its to relax muscles after exercise then I'd say you have to very specifically ask for 'just' a massage :eek:

There is no need to be that specific when asking for a massage. Most of the massage shops in Limerick are run by professionals who have formal training in massage. However they are getting a lot of requests recently for "extras/happy endings" and this stems from the majority of Thai massage shops in Cork city offering the is service. This was told to me by 3 different owners of Thai massage shops in town.
    So if you want to be guaranteed a happy ending head to Cork.

That said there are one or two shops in town where the owners have no training whatsoever and are just relying on a pretty face to bring in the customers. Cant report on the quality of service in these place though. Care too much for my body to let untrained hands near it :)

Cheers,
    sombaht

sombaht wrote: »
    There is no need to be that specific when asking for a massage. Most of the massage shops in Limerick are run by professionals who have formal training in massage. However they are getting a lot of requests recently for "extras/happy endings" and this stems from the majority of Thai massage shops in Cork city offering the is service. This was told to me by 3 different owners of Thai massage shops in town.
    So if you want to be guaranteed a happy ending head to Cork.

That said there are one or two shops in town where the owners have no training whatsoever and are just relying on a pretty face to bring in the customers. Cant report on the quality of service in these place though. Care too much for my body to let untrained hands near it :)

Cheers,
    sombaht

What's the bet that all the Cork Shop Owners spend their days wringing their hands and blaming their bad reputation/persistent rumours on Massage Shops in other Cities.....

- I call Shennanigans! Or whatever the term is in Thai.....

Cork Shop Owners spend their days wringing their hands

By all accounts the hands of the Thai masseuses in Cork are very busy indeed.;)

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Looks like someone got a happy ending anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NotSoDaft

Yea, I went to the Thai girls in Catherine street. Very good massage I must say. I will be going back to Uni Health Centre in Castletroy as they are very good value for money and it is so easy to park. I spent 10 minutes in town trying to get parking.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jockeycav

So which is the place in Limerick to hit for a happy ending?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

jesus is there that many happy ending ten dollar joints in limerick ?!

I know of 6 massage joints in the city centre alone. Rumours are that 3 of them offer happy endings.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Keep dodgey rumours to Private Messages people. Posts and requests about such "services" will not be entertained on this forum.

Keep dodgey rumours to Private Messages people. Posts and requests about such "services" will not be entertained on this forum.

I know InsectO like a Brother since we repeated 1st year three times together, so I can translate.....

-It seems as though he is suggesting to PM the Baby Oil Queen info between each other Folks.....

I assume this is because Daft.ie as Supreme Rulers don't want The Limerick Forum to become the next Pattaya.

Personally I am shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

there's one on davis street called "Ban Thai Massage" (:D)

Keep dodgey rumours to Private Messages people.
    The post was just to point out that it would not take long to find out which places provide so called "happy endings", I had no intention of naming actual places.

don't want The Limerick Forum to become the next Pattaya.
    Had many a good night in Pattaya, might not be such a bad thing! :)

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Raiser gets his first Thai Massage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Mc Love wrote: »
    Raiser gets his first Thai Massage

Saw this a few days ago... So funny... was afraid to post it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Saw this a few days ago... So funny... was afraid to post it :)

Why? In case your cover would be blown?

Advertisement