Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Email

• 19-12-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I suppose I already know the answer to this, but is it possible to email a Supt. if I have a question or concern?

This page lists the contact details for the main Garda Depts emails seem largely lacking. (I note the museum has an email but the "ICT" section has no email?)

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=3430

Do I have to go retro and snail mail?

Comments

As far as I know every Garda has an "@Garda.ie" email address. I'm sure this applies to the Superintendent's, too. Problem is that Supt. would be more in-demand, so I'd imagine they don't give out his email address to every passer-by?

Might be worth ringing the station and asking, as generally (as far as I know, and I could be completely wrong, of course) the Supt. will have a secretary or such that'll sift through his emails.

That said, I find that most of my interaction with AGS is by typed letter, so presumably they prefer that way of doing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

maglite wrote: »
    I suppose I already know the answer to this, but is it possible to email a Supt. if I have a question or concern?

This page lists the contact details for the main Garda Depts emails seem largely lacking. (I note the museum has an email but the "ICT" section has no email?)

You could go the snail mail route or you could ring the District Office and ask for the superintendent's email address. Although depending on what exactly your concern is, you may just be told to go to your local station and speak with whatever Garda is on duty.
    As far as I know every Garda has an "@Garda.ie" email address. I'm sure this applies to the Superintendent's, too. Problem is that Supt. would be more in-demand, so I'd imagine they don't give out his email address to every passer-by?

Just so ya know, every Garda does not have a "@Garda.ie" email address.

We all have internal email. Some have external email. Your district office should be listed if not they would give you the address. Don't know if they'd give you the Supers one without you explaining why. It may be better if it's something you don't want people other than the Super seeing to send it by snail mail or even drop it into the District HQ for him/her. Mark it confidential and only for the Super though.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

foreign wrote: »

-snip-

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

bravestar wrote: »

-snip-

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

No discussion of the internal communication systems/IT systems of An Garda Siochana... as per Charter.

If people wish to contact the Gardai

From Garda.ie...

Full list of station contact details available from the Contact Us Section of Garda.ie

Useful Contacts
    Please do not e-mail An Garda Síochána about a crime or an incident in progress as e-mails are NOT monitored 24 hours per day. In case of emergency ring 999 or 112.

Please do not send attachments with emails. For security reasons, these e-mails are liable to be automatically deleted before viewing.

Should you wish to contact the Gardaí directly, please contact your local Garda Station.
    Station Directory

OP ring the local station and ask to be put through to one of the Superintendents Clerks. Ask that person if sending en email to the Supt is possible.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement