Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon boardsies unite!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Nope :)

You should try it! It's actually quite fun, brings out the child in you!

Spent some time on a dating site a few years ago, most of the people in the chatroom then were really good friends of mine; we had a p*ss-up one night and I had to go home early, a guy who didn't really know me asked why I had to leave, quick as a flash my mate Sean tells him "She's speed-training her Ponyta". Fecker.

Though I guess nowadays it'd be "Her Farmville crops are withering". Reputation? What reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

You should try it! It's actually quite fun, brings out the child in you!

I was a sporty child and am now a sporty adult. Can't imagine pulling out my new collection of Pokemon in the dressing room.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I was a sporty child and am now a sporty adult. Can't imagine pulling out my new collection of Pokemon in the dressing room.:)
    I'm sure you've pulled out your squirtle in the dressing room a few times :pac:

Most people in my life don't know I play it, I don't go announcing it around the place. I still play though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

smash wrote: »
    I'm sure you've pulled out your squirtle in the dressing room a few times :pac:

I assume "squirtle" is a reference to penis, if so yes it's part of the attraction though it can be intimidating when some of the bigger boys pull thier's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

The highlight of my primary school days was battling with other kids pokemon,see who would assemble the best squad.

One kid in particular was so smug about it so naturally I had to beat him.
    So,both with level 100 mewtwos and other psychics, we faught.It came down to my last pokemon,he had four left and the look on his face when my final pokemon was a level 255 snorlax that destroyed him!

:D

It may have been cheating but it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Taking this from the "Things that were acceptable in your youth ..." thread it seems we have a lot of boardsies who are still a fan of the good auld classic games.

Pokemon fans unite! raise your hands!

And any old nintendo fans, no discrimmination here :D

yee can poke my balls anytime...

train my oynx etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pokemon was never ever acceptable, and still isn't.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Played Red to death as a child. Gold was decent too. Tried the next gen but the pokemon were just too stupid looking.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Great game and franchise, the one and only thing that I absolutely obsessed over as a kid.

tv show lost its appeal as I grew older but the games remain amazing, you can really appreciate all the extra intricacies like IV/EV leveling, breeding skill potential etc as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

For those of you who want to reacquaint yourselves with it.

http://gamecenter.grantgalitz.org/

you can save games and everything.

Played Red to death as a child. Gold was decent too. Tried the next gen but the pokemon were just too stupid looking.

I really like gen 5 to be honest! Didn't like gen 2 but can't fault the rest of them
    Maybe I'm just odd, I'm in love with Hydregion at the moment, best pokemon every, my level 87 in black pretty much owns everyone.

Pdfile wrote: »
    yee can poke my balls anytime...

train my oynx etc

Why don't you jumpluff on my wigglytuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

wheres fps russia when you need him :( ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I loved the cartoon and I had the trading cards and stuff, but I never had a Gameboy or a DS so I never got to play the game. :( It wasn't until I got to college and saw people still playing it that I realised how deprived my childhood was.

If I had the money, I'd love to get myself a second hand DS and some of the games to try and make up for it. My ex got me one for my birthday but then decided to dump me instead and subsequently returned it before I even had a chance to look at it. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Was obsessed with red, blue and yellow as a kid. After that the appeal started going downhill. Will still play them now and again for nostalgic reasons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I still have a GBC and Yellow! Gonna find it tonight and take on the Elite Four!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

♫ To catch them is my real test, to train them is my caaaaause, Pokemon! ♫

I remember getting one of these badboys years ago from Burger King.

A gold-plated Pichaku card, safe to say I was the coolest boy in my class for a few days.

Until a few more people got them :(.

I can remember back in school I had a shiny charizard, needless to say people were throwing their best cards to get it!

Then some bastard stole all my best shiny cards, including my charizard, blastoise and venusaur

Was sickened :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Played Emerald last year as a form of college exam procrastination. Loved the games and used to love the TV series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Always just seemed like a crappy animation show scientifically created to make as much merch as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

some of my best childhood memories involves playing all the first pokemon games...pokemon silver has to be the best one ever made:D

Is it bad that I can't wait for black/white 2?

I restarted black there a few weeks ago and I've noticed there are actually hints inside the game as to what no.2 could be about. The Looker mentions stuff about gethsis, and N pretty much said that he will help bring people and pokemon together. I reckon no.2 will be about you and N teaming up to stop gethsis who may form another terrorist type group, only because you and N are working together reshiram and Zekrom will combine to finally be the original pokemon (After all reshiram and zekrom were the same pokemon)

Just my theories though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Domo230 wrote: »
    Magicarp is ****. Garados however is an unstoppable wave of hydra fury.

Gyarados with Flail. NOW she's unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Used to love the games. I tried playing black and white recently though and just wasn't bothered though. Also Gen two was by far the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

How do you get Pikachu onto a bus?

You poke em on

*Gets coat *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Pichochet did I spell it right, LOL I use to baby sit my neph during the day and he always watched that, I will admit it became hypnotically enjoyable after a while. Then I took him to the film, that was to much, I have had epilepsy ever since.

Team rocket blasting off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i wanted to be the very best... but i was just a child

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement