Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE and TV3 players open automatically

• 10-12-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi,
    This problem is happening on my TV and just started in the last few days.

When I switch to RTE 1, RTE 2, or TV3 channels, the respective players opens up: RTE's Player or TV3's ePlayer. It's very annoying. I have to keep clicking the UPC button on the remote to close it and get back to the actual channel.

Anyone any idea why this is happening? Is it a fault with UPC?

Thanks,
    JFG
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Happening for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭justforgroups

Hiya,
    Did it just start happening in the last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭traco

Same on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

It's been like that on my HD box for well over a week. Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭justforgroups

I've posted it under Talk To...UPC

I'll see if they know what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Hiya,
    Did it just start happening in the last few days?

About Wednesday was the first I noticed it, but I haven't been watching TV much this week so it could be happening longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Happening to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

This is really starting to piss me off. Is there any sign of a resolution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Interesting that this has only started recently for some people. My Cisco HD box has been doing this for the better part of 3 years now. I rarely watch this channels so I've never bothered to report it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 john p o shea

same thing on my 3 boxes iv had enough i cancelled mine today bring back sky better system

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ch1me

same thing happening to me and also in my Dads

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ch1me

Seen this update :

Our engineers have identified a possible source of the issue, it appears that quick navigation through channels using the channel + or - buttons can cause the On Demand aspect of some channels to appear.

We're working on a permanent solution as we speak but in the meantime here are some temporary work arounds...

- If using the channel + or - buttons to navigate through stations just allow the on screen banner to disappear then allow the red button or On Demand player logo to appear before changing channel

- Use the on screen banner to navigate from channel to channel

- Use the guide to navigate from channel to channel

We recognise these are only temporary work arounds and as mentioned, a permanent fix is being worked on. We don't have a time frame for this yet but we'll post back here with any updates as we get them.

Advertisement