Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats your midlife crisis? (Over 40s only!)

Options
  • 26-03-2012 6:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

Well. Be honest.
    Mine is 'Late Stage Ray Mears fixation syndrome". I used to camp in my parents fields as a kid. Then a few years ago when the kids came along i took to family camping holidays.....
    fast forward 6 years .......
    I own a machete, three tents, a flint and steel, two kelly kettles and just yesterday i made fire from scratch with two sticks and a bow.
    The saddest however (i freely admit it) is that in the corner of my garden I have a bivi hammock under a tarp and i have taken to sleeping in it in the current spell of good weather. I can pop in for hot chocolate and see the telly through the kitchen window:rolleyes:
    Im a sad sad 41 year old.
    How sad are you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Does smearing bovril into tits count?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Does smearing bovril into tits count?

Thats good at any life stage.

Thats good at any life stage.

Just checking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭MightyBouche

Jaysus that's rough.

I thought the aul midlife was all about banging 20 year old models and pounding your sphincter with the gearstick of €120k mercedes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Sure wasn't Mike Patton singing about one long before he was 40. How's the actuality mike.. let me know if you ever taste some financial crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I thought the aul midlife was all about banging 20 year old models and pounding your sphincter with the gearstick of €120k mercedes

...and that's only what the wimmen do! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭MightyBouche

I'd say Ghost Buster is a riot at the dinner parties these days when he whips out bottles of his own piss for everyone to "survive" with him on.

I'd say Ghost Buster is a riot at the dinner parties these days when he whips out bottles of his own piss for everyone to "survive" with him on.

Thats Bear Grylls. Ray Mears is the big cuddly boy scout. Im not totally nuts.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

When I went 40 I suddenly start looking at motorbikes as if they were women. It still hasn't passed, I fantasise a motorbike continental trip from France to Italy.

Been 40 is crap. You lose your gumption and you feel a need for something new, but you have become to conservative and you get to hate change, so Catch 22

Then there is your health,,WARNING to over 40s never look up your symptons on the internet you become the greatest hypercondriac, you get indigestion or a cold, you go online and you immediately think you are having a heart attack, or you have cancer.

They say a man thinks about sex every 20 seconds when you are over 40 that becomes death.

I think Logan's Run nearly had it right, instead of 30 it should be carausel at the age of 40.

Long life:confused::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

44leto wrote: »
    When I went 40 I suddenly start looking at motorbikes as if they were women. It still hasn't passed, I fantasise a motorbike continental trip from France to Italy.

Been 40 is crap. You lose your gumption and you feel a need for something new, but you have become to conservative and you get to hate change, so Catch 22

Then there is your health,,WARNING to over 40s never look up your symptons on the internet you become the greatest hypercondriac, you get indigestion or a cold, you go online and you immediately think you are having a heart attack, or you have cancer.

They say a man thinks about sex every 20 seconds when you are over 40 that becomes death.

I think Logan's Run nearly had it right, instead of 30 it should be carausel at the age of 40.

Long life:confused::rolleyes:

Oh feck. I rode bikes from the age of 18 to 34. Luckily i cannot afford to become a born again biker.Phew.

Advertisement