Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

I'm sure we will d4b! Keep us posted on your scan! I'm sure everything will be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

pastry2010 wrote: »
    I'm sure we will d4b! Keep us posted on your scan! I'm sure everything will be great!

I sure will thank you. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Hey, I'm glad to see a sept thread :) I'm due Sept 16th, first timer. I moved to the US a couple of years ago so this will be a yankee baby! I'm trying to get my head around the american health system. The fact we're far from home makes telling people hard, I don't want to worry anyone at home too early. So this thread is just perfect for me to chat with Irish pregnant ladies :) Nausea started around 5 weeks, the tiredness really hit 2 weeks ago and it is just flooring me. Morning sickness I was ready for, but I never knew the first trimester would be sooo exhausting!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Hi ladies,

I'm in Kilkenny, due on the 24th, it's my first and I am freaking out! Going to move closer to Waterford as I am going to go with Dominos even though I have private insurance. My doc in Kilkenny told me he'd never heard of them, and it was his wife he'd rather have a doctor than midwives which hasn't helped my confused state of mind...

Will search for threads on Dominos tomorrow but if anyone has used them before I'd love to hear your experiences x

And yes, I'm all on board with this tiredness thing. Tried to explain to my OH it's like you have a set of flat batteries. I've been really lucky to avoid morning sickness so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nikki2510

Hi Girls, this thread is great!! i'm technicaly not Sept, but close enough - our EDD is 9th Oct.
    I feel fine so far, really sore boobsd (thank god they are small anyway!) and a bit tired but really thats it, oh and fairly bad backpain when i wake! i nearly feel like something is wrong coz i've no sickness! although i guess it's early days!

i'm going semi private with rotunda, its basically costing us €650 once we claim everything back so seems like a good option for me. I'm also going combinded care with my GP.

This is our first, so exciting but terrified at the same time!

quick question, did anyone else get back pain every morning around week 5/6? reckon its normal?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi ladies,

I'm in Kilkenny, due on the 24th, it's my first and I am freaking out! Going to move closer to Waterford as I am going to go with Dominos even though I have private insurance. My doc in Kilkenny told me he'd never heard of them, and it was his wife he'd rather have a doctor than midwives which hasn't helped my confused state of mind...

Congrats to you my friend did domino 3 times with her three in w ford says it was brilliant
    She lives in bennetsbridge but the midwives said thats the furthest they would travel.
    I have an idea of what doc could have said that.
    I went to one gp in kk male n totally gave me wrong advice when breastfeeding.
    Hope all goes well for you

Nikki2510 wrote: »
    Hi Girls, this thread is great!! i'm technicaly not Sept, but close enough - our EDD is 9th Oct.
    I feel fine so far, really sore boobsd (thank god they are small anyway!) and a bit tired but really thats it, oh and fairly bad backpain when i wake! i nearly feel like something is wrong coz i've no sickness! although i guess it's early

Congrats to you

Best mention the back pain next time you go.
    You could be just luvky and not experience any sickness like some i know.
    Im nearly out of it now. Its been a very tuf few weeks 11 weeks tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nikki2510

ah thanks monflat,
    congrats to you too.

I'm thinking i'm sleeping akward coz i dont want to lie on my boobs, hence the stiff back when i wake, but will watch it and see.

God love you with the sickness! at least your flying it tho! nearly first trimester over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi ladies,

Im more or less over the nausea thankfully this time i havent been sick but still early days. Starting to have more energy too, im not jumping out of my skin with energy but feel better than other weeks.

Waking up with dead legs in the morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Hi girls.

How are you all doing? I'm over 8 weeks now and my symptoms have reduced a good bit, bar the tiredness. It's a bit disconcerting. Hopefully not a bad sign. My endlessly sore boobs are even not as sore now. It's as though for the past week I don't even feel that different. The queasiness is gone, haven't had any cramps/ twinges for a while. Just feeling very tired- some days, but not everyday though, like during the first few weeks- fell asleep on couch at 9.00pm last night, had to succumb to the leaba at 10.30, Valentine's night of all nites, what a wipe out! I get bouts of bloating now and then and still feel very dehydrated in the mornings. I do have to pee during the night, which I guess is a symptom but am spooked that the other symptoms have abated. Am I just lucky?? I have my early scan next Tuesday and I feel a bit anxious but can't wait to get it over with!

Anyone else noticing a decrease in their symptoms? I was definitely worse, had way more symptoms during weeks 4-7 but would have expected then to continue for the whole trimester.

• Advertisement

73trix wrote: »
    Hi girls.

How are you all doing? I'm over 8 weeks now and my symptoms have reduced a good bit, bar the tiredness. It's a bit disconcerting. Hopefully not a bad sign. My endlessly sore boobs are even not as sore now. It's as though for the past week I don't even feel that different. The queasiness is gone, haven't had any cramps/ twinges for a while. Just feeling very tired- some days, but not everyday though, like during the first few weeks- fell asleep on couch at 9.00pm last night, had to succumb to the leaba at 10.30, Valentine's night of all nites, what a wipe out! I get bouts of bloating now and then and still feel very dehydrated in the mornings. I do have to pee during the night, which I guess is a symptom but am spooked that the other symptoms have abated. Am I just lucky?? I have my early scan next Tuesday and I feel a bit anxious but can't wait to get it over with!

Anyone else noticing a decrease in their symptoms? I was definitely worse, had way more symptoms during weeks 4-7 but would have expected then to continue for the whole trimester.

Ah congrats
    Yes its amazing how you get used to feeling crap those weeks around 6-9 were horrendus for me.
    Good luck with your scan its very exciting.

Monflat thanks very much for the positive words, it's nice to hear your friend had such good experiences. I'm so petrified of hospitals and doctors so feel midwives are the best option for me, even though obv I'll be giving birth in hospital.

73trix you sound exactly the same as me, weeks 5-7 I had awful intermittent cramps and terribly sore cramps, but this week I'm just getting twinges and my boobs are much less tender!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eirblath

Hi all, would love to join in this thread as I'm 8 weeks today, all very nerve wrecking but exciting at same time! Just wondering when all you ladies received any kind of appointment letters? Had appointment with GP at 5w3d but still haven't got anything in post? It will be combined care in WRH if it makes a difference.

Hi ladies,

Will search for threads on Dominos tomorrow but if anyone has used them before I'd love to hear your experiences x

And yes, I'm all on board with this tiredness thing. Tried to explain to my OH it's like you have a set of flat batteries. I've been really lucky to avoid morning sickness so far though.

Hi FurBabyMomma, a friend of mine has used the domino service in WRH twice and is always raving about how great it was. For her, the main plus points were that she got to see the same midwife a lot, they came to her house for some of the appointments and she got an early discharge from hospital after birth. I think they're big on natural births too but not sure how pushy they are on it?!

Hi Eirblath :-) Yes I got a letter from them and they are very big on natural births, breastfeeding and early discharge so if you're not then the scheme is not for you I'd say. I actually have no idea what combined Care is, I just had it in my head I wanted Dominos so haven't looked into anything else.

I was supposed to have an appointment at 11wks but I'm heading to Asia and Auz for 3wks next Friday so had to reschedule for when I'm back.

FYI my doc told me I was fine to take Malarone malaria tablets but when I went to another doc he said pregnant women couldn't take them so just had to cancel my dream of seeing orangutans in Borneo. An excuse to go back in the future I suppose ;-) But still going to mainland Malaysia and Auz so hope my symptoms stay as they are now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Hi ladies,

We're expecting our first on 2nd September. My wife was very unsure about the domino service in the Coombe as she never heard of it before. Our GP is just back from maternity leave and she told us she used the domino service on both her pregnancies and gave it a big thumbs up! ;)

Hi Eirblath :-) Yes I got a letter from them and they are very big on natural births, breastfeeding and early discharge so if you're not then the scheme is not for you I'd say. I actually have no idea what combined Care is, I just had it in my head I wanted Dominos so haven't looked into anything else.

I was supposed to have an appointment at 11wks but I'm heading to Asia and Auz for 3wks next Friday so had to reschedule for when I'm back.

FYI my doc told me I was fine to take Malarone malaria tablets but when I went to another doc he said pregnant women couldn't take them so just had to cancel my dream of seeing orangutans in Borneo. An excuse to go back in the future I suppose ;-) But still going to mainland Malaysia and Auz so hope my symptoms stay as they are now lol.

Natural birth: yep, definitely not for me :-)
    Have one daughter and can't imagine going through it without some serious pain relief. Have total respect for all the ladies that do though!

Combined care just means half of your appointments are with the GP and the other half are in the hospital. The less time waiting in outpatients on the public system the better!

Best of luck on your hols, sounds amazing :-)

Eirblath wrote: »
    Hi all, would love to join in this thread as I'm 8 weeks today, all very nerve wrecking but exciting at same time! Just wondering when all you ladies received any kind of appointment letters? Had appointment with GP at 5w3d but still haven't got anything in post? It will be combined care in WRH if it makes a difference.

Congrats.!
    Im on my third so at all stages of my pregnancies i went to gp at 7 weeks i got my about a month later the letter arived for my appointment at 20 weeks on first two in kk

Third time round i got my appointment for 14 weeks however maybe cause i had two emmergency sections and i am higher risk of uterine rupture this time.

However it msy all depend on your history .if its your first have you visited the early pregnancy unit ? If you are diabetic etc etc
    However ive been combined care and cant fault it.

monflat wrote: »
    Congrats.!
    Im on my third so at all stages of my pregnancies i went to gp at 7 weeks i got my about a month later the letter arived for my appointment at 20 weeks on first two in kk

Third time round i got my appointment for 14 weeks however maybe cause i had two emmergency sections and i am higher risk of uterine rupture this time.

However it msy all depend on your history .if its your first have you visited the early pregnancy unit ? If you are diabetic etc etc
    However ive been combined care and cant fault it.

20weeks! That seems so long to wait! It's my second pregnancy but the first was almost 10years ago so it feels like the first time with this one :-) GP had said I should get an appointment for approx 12 weeks which I thought was the norm?! Not high risk in any way really thank god so no need for the early pregnancy unit.

Thanks for the reply, here's to wishing us all a happy & healthy 9 months :-)

Yes well 20 weeks in 2010 sermed to be the norm in the hospital i was in but then again there was a baby boom in 2010 i went for a private scan before that to put the mind at ease

• Advertisement

Hey Ladies,

I am 8+1 today and I do not know what to do with myself. My nausea and vomiting has definatley subsided a bit, but I still get bad waves throughout the day and come about 6pm until around 9pm I am not good to anyone. Exhaused, nauseous and just in bits. My baba is definately taking a lot out of me :)

I had an early scan due to early bleeds last wednesday and we got to see the heartbeat, it was magical. I had a bit of a scare the following day as lost some blood, and had really bad back pain and had to return to epu but they were happy with everything and checked me over and said all was fine and just to really take it easy over the last of my first trimester. God the worry when you see blood is overwhelming but for any of you that do, it is quite common in first pregnancies the doc told me.

I got my appt in the post for my booking scan, and it is not until the 3rd of April, by which I will be 16 weeks so I have a booked a private 12 week scan so I can tell my family. So I am really looking forward to that.

Week 6+7 are weeks I will never forget, I cried for most of it. with the sickness, it just really took the life out of me. I really am hoping and praying that I am on the onward and upward of it now. Tiredness and everything else I can cope with its just that I am terrified of vomiting and feeling sick.

Hope everyone is doing okay, and welcome to the thread all the new mommies.

Can I also ask what you mean by the Dominos ladies??

xxx

Hi ladies,

Hi Furbabymomma, I am a first timer in Kilkenny too :) are you moving to Waterford? x

Hi and congrats d4b :-) I'm living in Kilkenny city atm but planning on moving to South Kilkenny in the next few months so I'll be about 20mins from WRH. Dominos is a scheme whereby you will be under the Care of midwives for your pregnancy. They don't have it in St Luke's so that was the reason for my choice of hospital.

Hi and congrats d4b :-) I'm living in Kilkenny city atm but planning on moving to South Kilkenny in the next few months so I'll be about 20mins from WRH. Dominos is a scheme whereby you will be under the Care of midwives for your pregnancy. They don't have it in St Luke's so that was the reason for my choice of hospital.

Ooh I get you now. Sounds great x

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

d4b wrote: »
    Hey Ladies,

I am 8+1 today and I do not know what to do with myself. My nausea and vomiting has definatley subsided a bit, but I still get bad waves throughout the day and come about 6pm until around 9pm I am not good to anyone. Exhaused, nauseous and just in bits. My baba is definately taking a lot out of me :)

I had an early scan due to early bleeds last wednesday and we got to see the heartbeat, it was magical. I had a bit of a scare the following day as lost some blood, and had really bad back pain and had to return to epu but they were happy with everything and checked me over and said all was fine and just to really take it easy over the last of my first trimester. God the worry when you see blood is overwhelming but for any of you that do, it is quite common in first pregnancies the doc told me.

I got my appt in the post for my booking scan, and it is not until the 3rd of April, by which I will be 16 weeks so I have a booked a private 12 week scan so I can tell my family. So I am really looking forward to that.

Week 6+7 are weeks I will never forget, I cried for most of it. with the sickness, it just really took the life out of me. I really am hoping and praying that I am on the onward and upward of it now. Tiredness and everything else I can cope with its just that I am terrified of vomiting and feeling sick.

Hope everyone is doing okay, and welcome to the thread all the new mommies.

Can I also ask what you mean by the Dominos ladies??

xxx

Awh that's great news, delighted your scan went well! I'm praying until I get over the first trimester it's a nightmare I've been so sick and exhausted. I feel your pain!

Got my letter for the Coombe today 20th March, first antenatal visit, does anyone know if they do the scan that day as well or is that a seperate visit?

Xx

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Awh that's great news, delighted your scan went well! I'm praying until I get over the first trimester it's a nightmare I've been so sick and exhausted. I feel your pain!

Got my letter for the Coombe today 20th March, first antenatal visit, does anyone know if they do the scan that day as well or is that a seperate visit?

Xx

Thanks pastry. As far as I know I think thry definitely do a scan at first antenatal visit. Along with your bloods, health history etc xx

I think I spoke too soon with my sickness subsiding a bit, I have spent the last 2 days being soooo sick :( I must have got about 2 hours sleep last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

I was only sick for a couple of days really, but the constant exhaustion is really starting to get me down now :( Definitely wasn't this bad last time round. I had to spend most of sunday in bed, thankfully my OH took the small fella out for the day, but I was no better for it going into work on Monday. :(

Really feeling depressed today. Of course its not helped by the fact that it's raining ALL the time and my social life has taken a complete nose dive. It was my birthday last week and didn't do anything.

Hmm, maybe this should be in the pregnant woman's moan thread !! Sorry for moaning!!

Ah Karmella the best thing about being pregnant is getting to moan all the time ;-) I'm feeling very lucky as my symptoms have all but disappeared since week 8. But then you worry if that's a bad sign lol.

The only downside of not having morning sickness is already having a bit of a tum, my clothes are definitely getting tighter.

• Advertisement

Ah Karmella the best thing about being pregnant is getting to moan all the time ;-) I'm feeling very lucky as my symptoms have all but disappeared since week 8. But then you worry if that's a bad sign lol.

The only downside of not having morning sickness is already having a bit of a tum, my clothes are definitely getting tighter.

Oh moan away this thread is a great help :-)

I'm writing here from the doctors waiting room. I've had enough of this and feel so depressed today

Advertisement