Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Safe home SusieQ. Hopefully when I move to Africa I can replace your funny stories!
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Safe flight home Susie Q! Hope your boyfriend will we waiting for you at the airport with flowers and giant stuffed teddys and other cliché things :D I remember my 20something hour flight home from Australia so I don't envy you. Though nothing beats that feeling of landing in Ireland again imo. Love coming home, especially after being so far away.

My flight home from Malaysia was lovely. Coming home before Xmas, every on my connecting flight in Abu Dhabi all excited for Xmas. When I got off the plane at stupid o clock in the morning (5:30am) and saw everyone's family greeting them at arrivals I wished I had told my family I was coming home early but the reactions of all of them when I surprised them at home was worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I read that as "spent the day riding penneys" thinking "wtf? :confused:" :o

Me too :eek:

I'm having a quiet night in tonight, want to download a movie, something easy to watch, possibly a chick flick... any recommendations??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Polloloca wrote: »
    Maybe it was her granny that you stuck your fingers up at!

My granny would have stuck them back up at me :D

So as it turns out, when the oddball left the room everyone commented on how much of an oddball she really is. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Men and boobs. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Window shopping on Amazon. I really want to buy my stepdad a 18" Freddie Mercury statuette but it's $165 O.o.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Kiera wrote: »
    I'm defo getting drunk tonight.

Ditto, and tomorrow night :)

So, I went to surprise my boyfriend today. He was supposed to be working until 10pm and I was going to arrive at his house at 5.30pm and hang around with his housemates until he got home.
    So I get to his estate, and his car is in the drive. I'm there thinking "F***". So I go into the house and he's there, and he's like "What are you doing here?!"

He wasn't actually working today at all; he only told me that so he could drive home to me to surprise me! If he hadn't decided to stay there until some match was over, I would have arrived to an empty house!

We're telepathic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

So a friend of mine died last night. Completely shocked. He was such a nice guy, so weird to think of him not being here. Hope his family are ok :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

tomissex wrote: »
    So a friend of mine died last night. Completely shocked. He was such a nice guy, so weird to think of him not being here. Hope his family are ok :(

So sorry to hear that, I hope you're doing okay x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Oh god. I'm sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Julybreeze wrote: »
    Went for an eye test this morning as I noticed quite a dramatic change in my vision over the past month or so, they did a scan and found a big grey splodge behind my left eye that wasn't there last year and said the vision has decreased somewhat and can not be corrected with lenses. I have an emergency appointment for Monday morning in the Mater. I am not looking for medical advice, I just wanted to tell someone as my three best friends are abroad at the moment and I don't want to burden them with this, feeling a bit lonely..
    I hope things will be okay for you! Feel free to pm if you want to chat/vent about it. x
    Susie_Q wrote: »
    Last night in India, can't wait to get home. Long journey ahead but will enjoy a nice glass of wine once I get my last connection. Etihad are incredibly great to fly with - good food, lovely staff and nice booze collection, not to mention tons of great movies. Kind of looking forward to it now actually! Managed to talk myself into it just there :)
    Safe trip home Susie! I hope it isn't to stressful or tedious :)
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you are alright. x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

That is awful! Thinking of you! Hope you are ok x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Very sorry to hear this, I hope you are okay *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Hugs, ..
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm so sorry to hear that hon. Hope you're ok x x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

That's awful, I hope you're alright xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm so sorry, tomissex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My boyfriends sister just had her baby- it's a little girl :) So excited and all emotional for her, she really wanted a daughter.
    I haz to go buy all the pink clothes now for her...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Watching Dexter for the first time, alone.This could end in a sleepless night :o

On the plus side, I have popcorn!

Daisies wrote: »
    Watching Dexter for the first time, alone.This could end in a sleepless night :o

On the plus side, I have popcorn!

Dexter is so good! It's one of my favourite tv shows

Its not that scary though so dont worry :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Dexter isn't scary! :pac:

true but sometimes there are moments that make ya jump :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Watching Harry met Sally. :D miss having such a close guy buddy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

"what to expect" was a great film

there was some car alarm that kept going off and then stopping again and we saw it was some old lady in there on her own
    we passed by then went back to see if she was ok and she seemed happy enough and said her son had run off to the shop and the alarm was a nuisance but grand
    felt a bit worried and wondered should i have asked if i could run find someone for her but i guess i wouldnt know who to look for anyway sure!

had a lovely evening with friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Julybreeze wrote: »
    Went for an eye test this morning as I noticed quite a dramatic change in my vision over the past month or so, they did a scan and found a big grey splodge behind my left eye that wasn't there last year and said the vision has decreased somewhat and can not be corrected with lenses. I have an emergency appointment for Monday morning in the Mater. I am not looking for medical advice, I just wanted to tell someone as my three best friends are abroad at the moment and I don't want to burden them with this, feeling a bit lonely..

Sorry to hear this lass.

I'm actually blind in my right eye and short sighted in my left. If you're going to the Mater you're more than likely going to be seeing Professor O' Keefe and trust me when I say this... You are in seriously good hands with him. The chap is a gent and a true professional. I've never come across anybody in any profession who cares more for his patients/work than him.

Feel free to PM me if you need a chat about things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

*clink* happy weekend loungers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

krudler wrote: »
    *clink* happy weekend loungers

im tempted to reply with the pic my friend took earlier with my blue drink :D

happy weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just watched warrior,such a great movie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm so sorry :( Hope you're doing okay. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Anyone know of a pub/place that would do takeaway drink at this hour of the night? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I really want to get another dog but I'm not sure of the breed. I'd like a Pug personally but they're so expensive. Such lovely things tho. :D
    Failing that, I'd like a nice big fat dog to cradle in my lap during the cold days. Something to cuddle. I have a lot of love to give and since I'm having no luck in my love life, I might as well offload that love to a little bundle of fluff.
    I'd like a Japanese Spitz as I had one before- best dog ever. Lovely temperment and got on great with m y current dog. If only Milly wasn't so damn tempermental...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement