Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When 72-year-old Pearl met her grandson , little did she realise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Is this not in some way illegal?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

greetings wrote: »
    I'd buck her

Crap joke, but a pity thanks for the literature reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Tell me its april fools day, please!
    I dont believe it.

If it is true, he is screwed up over losing his mom, and she is just sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

kiffer wrote: »
    she's the grand mother of the father of the child... so she's the great-grandmother of the baby...

I meant great grandmother but she's not the mother genealogically or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That's just gross.

What's doubly sad is that they've just paid thousands for a surrogate mother, and the chances of the baby dying or having serious problems is very high.

That's just gross.

What's doubly sad is that they've just paid thousands for a surrogate mother, and the chances of the baby dying or having serious problems is very high.

why? It's a donor egg. I just can't believe he paid that much to not have sex with someone else to have a baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

--LOS-- wrote: »
    why? It's a donor egg. I just can't believe he paid that much to not have sex with someone else to have a baby!
    Oops I missed the donor egg part. Sure why didn't he just have a relationship with the surrogate then? Ughhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Pearl is Blue Waffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

that's just wrong. he's a grand-motherf*cker alright.

that family's going to have serious trouble remembering what to put on birthday cards.

their child "happy birthday, mother, who's also my great-grandma"
    pearl's other children "happy birthday, half-sibling, who's also my grandson"

gonna be seriously confusing :confused:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Granny" wrote:
    Confused, Pearl talked to a friend, who told her about an article she'd read on Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA), which occurs when close relatives meet as adults and are attracted to each other.

'I could now understand my feelings and realise they weren't wrong,' Pearl says.
    Phil wrote:
    Pearl then explained to Phil what she'd discovered about GSA.

'I was thrilled and excited,' Phil says. 'I could be with Pearl and it was OK because she'd never raised me or been in my life.'
    No, no, no, that's not what it means damnit! GSA is just a description of some sick ****. It's not in anyway supposed to mean it's ok to ride your relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

That's gonna be some messed up kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

jd007 wrote: »
    Is this not illegal? I feel sorry for the child they're bringing into the world tbh.

It is legal in Ireland, I don't know about over there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

This kid's family tree is going to be fúcking circular!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Is Granny wearing some fake tan in the second pic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

IvySlayer wrote: »
    *vomits all over keyboard*

For the proper effect,mix quickly chug some Pepsodent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I finally have a reason to use GUBU in a post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

had to laugh at the vast majority of replies here - i thought boards was the bastion of whatever two consensual adults get up to is their own business. double standards eh?:rolleyes:

The Aussie wrote: »
    Mods. Can we ban Sugarhigh for staining my day with the worst mental image there could be, thats so f*cked up...

now imagine if someone applied the above to seeing say - two men in love. there would be outrage here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

This kid's family tree is going to be fúcking circular!!!

So that would be like, a family bush??

I wonder does she take her teeth out when er.... ugh *shudder* think I'm gonna puke...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

aDeener wrote: »
    had to laugh at the vast majority of replies here - i thought boards was the bastion of whatever two consensual adults get up to is their own business. double standards eh?:rolleyes:
    Nobodies standing in their way, or anywhere near them for that matter. It's just something most people would find personally repulsive, your supposed to find it repulsive, incest is very bad for a community on a genetic level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The article missed a golden chance to mention Pearl getting a nice necklace for their anniversary, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

It's worth rememberiung that there will be no genetic link between her and the child directly (only that as the great grandmother of the child), as it's from a donor egg carried by a surrogate.

Say what you want about the relationship between them (and it's all kinds of freaky imo) but it's not as if she's giving birth to her own great grandchild.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Nobodies standing in their way, or anywhere near them for that matter. It's just something most people would find personally repulsive, your supposed to find it repulsive, incest is very bad for a community on a genetic level.

why be repulsed though? they are not harming anyone in the community.

its double standards and you may as well just say so

Forgive me for not being PC enough to support incest :rolleyes:
    why be repulsed though? they are not harming anyone in the community.

its double standards and you may as well just say so

Maybe not in this particular case but they have the potential to fuck up the gene pool for generations to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Forgive me for not being PC enough to support incest :rolleyes:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

It's worth rememberiung that there will be no genetic link between her and the child directly (only that as the great grandmother of the child), as it's from a donor egg carried by a surrogate.

Say what you want about the relationship between them (and it's all kinds of freaky imo) but it's not as if she's giving birth to her own great grandchild.

It's the idea that creeps me out more than the technicalities of it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I'M MY OWN GRANDPA!

Hee hee hee, almost right for this lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Concorde

OMG:eek:!

Though it takes my mind off Gerry Ryan...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Did he actually ride her?

Is it IVF?

Will the baby turn out to be a mutant?

so many questions

Advertisement