Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Mobile or Galaxy Ace Problem?

• 25-04-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

I am new to the smartphone world and to Tesco Mobile. I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Ace in Tesco. I don't make or receive calls a lot, probably on average one a day.

The majority of my calls seem to get cut off/dropped. It can happen very soon after call is answered and can happen with in and outbound calls.

It doesn't happen all the time but happens the majority of the time. Today it happened 6 times out of 9 calls.

Anyone know if the problem may be with Tesco coverage or with my phone or phone settings?

Just thought I would try here before Tesco customer service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭GIMP

Happens on a regular basis to my wife and I, we are both on Tesco, very annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

GIMP wrote: »
    Happens on a regular basis to my wife and I, we are both on Tesco, very annoying!!

Nooooooo. I was sort of hoping it was my phone as it may be easier to replace as under warranty.

I am only with Tesco two weeks and already not happy. First I couldn't transfer over my contacts, then the service went down for over 5 hours the other night along with most of my calls dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭GIMP

Raise the dropped call issue with them, but note times and dates this is happening first.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

GIMP wrote: »
    Raise the dropped call issue with them, but note times and dates this is happening first.

Will do. I have just posted it on the Talk to thread. They recommended to try sim card in other phone, if it keeps happening it is a sim card if not it is the phone.

I can check my call logs and it is is easy to see when it is happening as the majority of calls are under 10 seconds long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Weyhey wrote: »
    I am new to the smartphone world and to Tesco Mobile. I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Ace in Tesco. I don't make or receive calls a lot, probably on average one a day.

The majority of my calls seem to get cut off/dropped. It can happen very soon after call is answered and can happen with in and outbound calls.

It doesn't happen all the time but happens the majority of the time. Today it happened 6 times out of 9 calls.

Anyone know if the problem may be with Tesco coverage or with my phone or phone settings?

Just thought I would try here before Tesco customer service.

It's a problem with the phone. I know someone who has one on O2 since last year and it has caused many problems including dropped calls. At the moment they are waiting for a refund as they won't go near a Samsung phone again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement