Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

RobFowl wrote: »
    (nothing compared to our ex Union CEO though €492k a year + bonus....)

With pension payable at 55! If he presents for treatment, you could euthanise him on actuarial grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

awec wrote: »
    Hey!

I wear ankle socks and my legs are just as hairy as colms.

It's the look! :cool:

No it's not. The Campaign against Hobbits in Cycling starts here.

(In fairness Colm is about 6 times taller than Bilbo Baggins).

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

daragh_ wrote: »
    No it's not. The Campaign against Hobbits in Cycling starts here.

(In fairness Colm is about 6 times taller than Bilbo Baggins).
    Hobbit?

6' 4" and 140lbs in weight, I'm about as unhobbitish as you'll find. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Hobbit?

OK - the Campaign Against Freakishly Hairy Legs (on People of All Sizes) in Cycling

CAFHLOPOASIC.

It rolls off the tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

daragh_ wrote: »
    CAFHLOPOASIC

Sounds like a hair removal cream :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

262755_371444682951993_1013069810_n.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I wear ankle socks and my legs are just as hairy as colms.

Probably best if ye never meet, the laws of velcro dictate that yer legs would fuse together requiring a chainsaw to separate ye. I'm not sure what would constitute a safe distance, it's a factor of the volume of hair, probably allow for a county or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

doozerie wrote: »
    Probably best if ye never meet, the laws of velcro dictate that yer legs would fuse together requiring a chainsaw to separate ye. I'm not sure what would constitute a safe distance, it's a factor of the volume of hair, probably allow for a county or two.

Well just ask Captain Havoc so!
    262755_371444682951993_1013069810_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

we are still here then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

we are still here then

im not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

we are still here then

So the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are ignoring the (north) west of Ireland? Typical bloody Bord Failte again, they really need to get their act together to promote that part of the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just saw the SSF thread update in afterhours, Beasty for president of the world, absolute legend of a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Hobbit?

How is that possible? I'm 5' 8'' and 135lbs. Do you have hollow bones or something?

doozerie wrote: »
    So the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are ignoring the (north) west of Ireland? Typical bloody Bord Failte again, they really need to get their act together to promote that part of the country.

yep still still here

so the rest of you getting roasted then :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How is that possible? I'm 5' 8'' and 135lbs. Do you have hollow bones or something?
    Built like a budgies hardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Worst
    Apocalypse
    Ever :(

CPL 593H

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

furiousox wrote: »
    Worst
    Apocalypse
    Ever :(
    Dunno about that - the one last week didn't even make the news ...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

233552.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

was posted last week that was

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

A92JTi_CYAEUXKX.jpg:large

First Sean Kelly meme I've ever seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    A92JTi_CYAEUXKX.jpg:large

First Sean Kelly meme I've ever seen!

Don't fit fenders they said,
    be grand they said

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

marketty wrote: »
    Don't fit fenders mudguards they said,
    be grand they said

FYP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Drive carefully :eek:

76258.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

From regular feature in Galway City Tribune, "Galway in days gone by", 21st December 2012

1962: Teenagers too smart

“All over my district, boys and girls attending secondary and vocational schools — what are commonly called teenagers — are committing this offence.

“If there were ten of them they would be riding abreast, and the extraordinary thing is that when they were attending national schools they were an example of good manners, even to walking on the margins.

“When they get to this age apparently they are too smart. My usual fine for this offence is ten shillings, but having regard to their being five abreast here, I will increase the fines to twenty shillings each, to be paid by the parent in each case because I believe that if the parents added their voices to that of the Gardaí, they would be heeded, but the parents never do raise their voices,” said District Justice Loftus at Glenamaddy Court, when five teenagers were summoned for cycling more than two abreast on 24th November last.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I had that nice smug feeling on the cycle home from work last night.:)

A boy racer in a skangermobile overtook me very closely on a bend and forced an oncoming car to take evasive action to prevent a collision.

It happens occasionally but this time the next car behind happened to be an unmarked Mondeo. Cue lights and sirens and a meek looking driver getting a bollocking further up the road.

Pity they weren't around more often!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ballan-could-lose-a-kidney-after-crash
    BMC rider underwent surgery on fractured femur Friday

Alessandro Ballan may be facing the loss of one of his kidneys, after losing his spleen and fracturing his femur and three ribs in a training camp crash. The BMC rider had surgery on the femur Friday, his second operation within 24 hours. His spleen was removed in emergency surgery shortly after the crash.

Ballan has been kept sedated Thursday night, but doctors expected to gradually return him to consciousness today if there were no further complications. The surgery on his left femur occurred Friday evening.

shame hope he gets through it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just did my first spin with strava, very impressive app! Same cannot be said for my segment times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

• Advertisement

Here's a picture of the cycling related stuff I got today.

roomCorner.314212017_std.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement