Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Seeing as theres not current subject in here at the mo I'll tell ya'll a story,..,lol
    I got an email back from ehobby the other day about my baby hi capa (being the wrong one they sent), i just emailed them to see what they'd say and they have gave me free choice of anything on there shop for 20quid., :D result!, and i actually prefer this one now anyway.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Gatling wrote: »
    damn beedroom celing just sprung a fecking leak ,water everywhere me bed is flooded aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That is what happens when you fire an airsoft AK47 into the air and you are indoors. :D
    Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

damn boo koo bad guys ,radio skirmishnam back on air ,slightly soggy,
    thats good news vtec what are you going to get ,if your after one of those EOTEC scopes get the 551 short version. the full sized one the 552 has a problem with its optics you see a black shadow when you look into it

just got back to me now, im getting one of these from them, I think it'll suit my g36 nicely, i didnt want to go for a scope and this kinda reminds me of halo.,lol
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRO-Holo-MULTI-Reticle-RED-GREEN-Dot-Sight-RDS-29_W0QQitemZ270189696584QQihZ017QQcategoryZ66827QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

you will need to fix a piece of perspex in front of the sight ,sights dont like bbs too much they tend to break when hit , the perpsex will save you buying a new scope every couple of weeks

• Advertisement

you will need to fix a piece of perspex in front of the sight ,sights dont like bbs too much they tend to break when hit , the perpsex will save you buying a new scope every couple of weeks

oh yeah, i never thought about that, will come up with something, so is the lens in these glass then? i woud have imagine it would be just cheapo plastic.,

im not sure if its glass or plastic ,but for some reason the open sights tend to be fragile mightnt break on first hit ,2nd and 3rd might ,kdouglas just fixed a piece of perspex on the front of his,cant remember if its screwed of glued ,to protect the lense on his P90 scope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yup, i have that same sight, it's pretty good, you'll like it, i cut a piece of perspex to the shape of the lens and stuck it to the front with some duct tape (no fancy screws or glue thank you very much! :p)

the lens is glass and feels pretty solid, i reckon i could take a bb hit, but not willing to test that theory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Where did you get the perspex and what thickness is it?

Is it easy to cut?

got some in b&q, they keep it over beside the greenhouse, not sure if they still stock it though, i picked up a sheet of it ages ago and just had some bits lying about, i think it's 3mm from what i remember, it's fairly easy to cut, a small piece like that could easily be done with a small handsaw and a file, or even a dremel.

On a side note: does anyone know a better place to get perspex?

• Advertisement

yep, in GK building supplys on spring garden street, or woodies have it aswell, I like the idea of using it to cover the sight, im gonna do that with it, cat beat the owl duct tape huh., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Buy a sheet, cut to size, sell, new business!

Sell 5 at a time as a disposable airsoft product, if its hit and crack, replace it.

Id say bostic would be the best glue, its an elastic glue so it can be peeled off and leave no mark but is strong enough. I stuck sites on older guns and it can peel right off.

wgc sell something like that for standard 20, 25, 30mm scopes but its pricey for what it is. Plus i've an awkward 22mm scope:D

GooooooooooooooooooooodMorning Skirmishnam,
    its a cold nite for a skirmish ,BERGET here we come

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jeasus quiet in this part of the web tonight

Good evening Fall, hows the plans for the airsoft tour of ireland coming

well we got some good responses as it happens still need to hear officially from drogheda...so the biggies will be about where people can stay, the games etc. but i rekon we will be laughing by the middle/end of spring. i would love if we could start earlish, get a good long game in and wind up with a few small ones at the end...

jeasus gatling you must never sleep

Motosam wrote: »
    Buy a sheet, cut to size, sell, new business!

Sell 5 at a time as a disposable airsoft product, if its hit and crack, replace it.

Id say bostic would be the best glue, its an elastic glue so it can be peeled off and leave no mark but is strong enough. I stuck sites on older guns and it can peel right off.

wgc sell something like that for standard 20, 25, 30mm scopes but its pricey for what it is. Plus i've an awkward 22mm scope:D

interesting business plan, but i've had mine for about 6 months and it's still in one piece, it's even taken a few hits directly too :)

yeah it would be pretty cool having some big games for a change ,it will be intresting seeing how the different C/Os run there teams ,
    i never sleep before a skirmish ., barely sleep at all

yep but as you say whoever is the poor git trying to organise a team of 40+...fairly hellish i would think

sorry gentlemen didnt realise ye were in discussions about the scopes, i thought that was from last night....

i still need to do that for some of mine, been very lucky so far

• Advertisement

will any body want to do command ,im a grunt i just follow orders not give em

jeasus quiet in this part of the web tonight

ok ill say something just to liven things up a little.,lol

So whats all your excuses for being up at this time of night, I'll be getting home in a little while but still can never sleep.,

im waiting for the water to start peeing out of the celing again ,other than that im sorting my gear for tomorow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

GooooooooooooooooooooodMorning Skirmishnam,
    its a cold nite for a skirmish ,BERGET here we come
    its going to be cold in the morning there was frost at hrta 4.00 today and a northerly wind blowing that would freeze the bb's off you

just the day for a big pot of stew to warm all them bbs,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

i its going te be some day to day, frost, cold, wind, 28 rentels, i'll be off my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Feck better bring some Bovril!

I have two new guys with me tomorrow be interesting to see how they get on in the cawld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

nonex wrote: »
    i its going te be some day to day, frost, cold, wind, 28 rentels, i'll be off my head

28 rental! Target rich environment or what :D

Hmm might not have been the best day to bring two new guys. I have enuough AEGs to go around but ones an MP7 so was hoping to source a last minute rental.

Shoulda got Shiva to chargw the battery on the Aug I'm buying :(

Edit

feck I'm not even gonna bother sorting those typos at this ungodly hour.

plenty of movement should keep us all warm ,28 rentals so we could be looking at 50+ skirmishers ,fun fun fun, i fecking knew i should have bought gloves today ,

• Advertisement

yeah id say its gonna be icey cold.,
    Have to get all my stuff together for tomorrow now, bit late huh.,lol

28 rentals, must be a lot of people going tomorrow, should be a laugh then,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement