Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Time for me to get back on the wagon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Managed to stay ( mostly) within my points on Saturday night. Dinner party and drinks but then yesterday was a disaster :( I'm so disappointed with myself I really want a loss on Wednesday. One more half pound and I've to pay again! My clothes are starting to not fit and my belly is back. Trying hard today and tomorrow so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Down 2lb this week - that'll do nicely!

Does anybody know the points value for Zaconey? I can't find any nutritional info online so unless someone knows the points I think I'll point it the same as bourbon as it's bourbon-inspired!

I have to be up this week, I've eaten so much crap and got zero exercise. I might not be able to make my next two meetings as well which is irritating as my meeting is probably exactly what I need right now.

I have to be up this week, I've eaten so much crap and got zero exercise. I might not be able to make my next two meetings as well which is irritating as my meeting is probably exactly what I need right now.

Have a look online to see if you can make a different meeting. If not I'd pick up the magazine to keep me motivated

• Advertisement

I had a look a couple of weeks ago and none suit with the hours I work. I might make this week's but I'm not sure. For today my plan is just to get my eating back to normal and go for a short walk. I've had a few badly needed days off work and ended up having takeaway twice and Chinese when I was in.Newbridge yesterday... Back on.the wagon now. I'm beginning to think I'll never see goal.

You need to get your head in the right place and you will see goal. You're not far off if I remember. You just need to focus on why you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Went to weigh in today even though I felt so sick since yesterday, swollen glands, sore throat, headache and nauseous. I lost 2lb. That's 4.5lb in the last 2 weeks. I'm very happy with that!

To be honest once I am losing each week I'm happy. I think I have learnt from my past weight loss that the key is patience and perseverence when it comes to weight loss.

My heaviest weight was 17.1.
    I am now 13.8 and my goal is 10.7. Over halfway there!

I think the gym is really helping as it's the only different think I have done in the last 2 weeks!

Well done that's brilliant! I hope you feel better ( and that I'm as lucky tomorrow )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Down a pound, didn't know what to expect, so very happy.
    Just going to keep going steadily, sticking with Filling and Healthy and exercise.
    Best of luck everyone.

• Advertisement

Down a half. I went probably 30pp over my weeklies. I'm happy its a loss finally after a gain each week for over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hoohaa1

Hi folks. New to the board but long time ww. I went from 15st 7lbs at my heaviest to 12st 4lbs at my lightest (was that back in college) now 34. I've crept back up to 13st 7 and my new clothes don't fit anymore so time to get back on focus.

One thing I can't find answers to online or on the app is: I love grilling meat in the oven into a draining tray. My favourite are minced lamb kebabs (the butcher calls them torpedoes). 3 kebabs is 280g roughly of lean minced lamb with some spices etc but nothing else added. When I put in that I get 23 propoints! But as experiment today I measured the fat that drained out and there was 40g of thick hot fat in the end.

So my question is how many points does that represent? If based purely on calories that would be like 360calories which is usually about 9 points.

I'm really confused on this one so any help from anyone who drains fat off mets while grilling would really help?

Ps I only eat them with salad and are so tasty but would rather not have to eat nothing for rest of day when I have them!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I don't know where you calculated the calories, but according to myfitnesspal a calorie counting app, 280g lean lamb mince could be anything from 600 to 700 cals. I'm a big fan of protein and fat but I know that ww doesn't like fat and that much mince can have up to 55g of fat.

Hi Tigger. Thanks for reply. I didn't make that post very clear.

The lamb in the ww app is 23 pro points (a rough guide to calories is 40 per point when stuck) so that would be like you say much higher - something more like 900 calories.

The 360 calories I meant was that apparently fat has about 9 calories per gram, so if I measured 40 grams that drained out, it would be 360 calories of pure fat.

So if I ate the whole portion of mince say without draining, I'd be eating 23 propoints and the 55g of fat like you say.

Just wondering if anyone knows how you can calculate how many points to deduct for all the fat (40g) that drained off?

Cheers for any help!

L

Did you pp it from the ni on the pack using a calculator? If you did then use that but The little green book gives 16 pp for 250g mince raw. The pp for oil is in mls so I don't know. If I were you I would talk to my leader.

Protein is hugely important for your health btw. It's what your body uses to build and repair cells- skin nails bone muscle etc everything really. Even more important if you exercise

Drop a note to WW, I did that one time before to check something, and they were back to me very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Missed my meeting but I stayed the same on my scales. It's great that I am not going up but I am going to have to give myself a major kick in the backside to get going again if I am to make it back to goal.

Thanks Keesa.

I do it online so don't have a leader alas!

Just wondering does anyone else have any experience in grilling meats and what the drained fat amounts to in pro points?

Would it be as simple as if you drain 40g of fat then put that in the ww app and that's 10pp saved out of the 23pp for 280g of raw lamb mince?

I was doubting that cos maybe what drains includes more than fat?

hoohaa1 wrote: »
    Thanks Keesa.

I do it online so don't have a leader alas!

Just wondering does anyone else have any experience in grilling meats and what the drained fat amounts to in pro points?

Would it be as simple as if you drain 40g of fat then put that in the ww app and that's 10pp saved out of the 23pp for 280g of raw lamb mince?

I was doubting that cos maybe what drains includes more than fat?

You can email and call them too. The details are on the website

^^ Yes, I've suggested that too because I've done that, and got a quick and helpful response.

I got an updated list of bread, at my meeting, that suits the 'Filling and Healthy' plan, and I notice the M&S high bran bread is gone from the original list. Darn it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Hi everyone :)

Wouldnt mind joining in the thread if thats ok? I joined ww last week and lost 3.5lbs in my first week. Really liking the plan. Trying to stick to F&H instead of pointing as I found I was getting a bit bogged down with it. I think Ive stalked this thread for months but only getting the courage now to post.

I joined at 15 stone 11.5lbs :mad: but I dont want to ever been that number again! Really nice class I joined. Good bit of banter too so it keeps the class interesting. Looking forward to chatting with you all

Hi everyone :)

Wouldnt mind joining in the thread if thats ok? I joined ww last week and lost 3.5lbs in my first week. Really liking the plan. Trying to stick to F&H instead of pointing as I found I was getting a bit bogged down with it. I think Ive stalked this thread for months but only getting the courage now to post.

I joined at 15 stone 11.5lbs :mad: but I dont want to ever been that number again! Really nice class I joined. Good bit of banter too so it keeps the class interesting. Looking forward to chatting with you all

Hi thinnyminnie, Welcome! You will get great support here:) Good luck on your weight loss journey.

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi thinnyminnie, Welcome! You will get great support here:) Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Agreed. The more the merrier.
    Welcome thinnyminnie and well done, you are off to a great start. Keep posting, there is loads of encouragement here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Thanks for the warm welcome. Gosh it was freezing this morning! Still doing well....if I could just stop hopping on the scales it'd be great!

Nowt to report, was away for work, and missed class.
    Hope everyone is doing okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Forgot to say - I lost 2.5lb this week, was dancing around the bedroom afterwards! 4 weeks to my sister in law's wedding and 8lb to lose to be in the next stone bracket. Also currently my lightest in 2014 and not far from my first stone!

Forgot to say - I lost 2.5lb this week, was dancing around the bedroom afterwards! 4 weeks to my sister in law's wedding and 8lb to lose to be in the next stone bracket. Also currently my lightest in 2014 and not far from my first stone!

Well done!

Hi all, I didn't make my meeting today because my little one was sick but I have stayed the same on the scales and am still trying. You all seem to be doing so well, keep it up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Down another 2lb this week, am now lighter than I was pre-pregnancy, and feeling motivated to keep going. Saw that their goal weight for me is 8st 11, which I'm a fair bit off and is also a bit lower than I thought it would be... if I manage that, I'll be dead chuffed (and the skinniest I've been since I was about 15!). Must keep trucking, moving house and up the walls with baby teething at the moment so falling prey to crap food choices...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Down another 2lb this week, am now lighter than I was pre-pregnancy, and feeling motivated to keep going. Saw that their goal weight for me is 8st 11, which I'm a fair bit off and is also a bit lower than I thought it would be... if I manage that, I'll be dead chuffed (and the skinniest I've been since I was about 15!). Must keep trucking, moving house and up the walls with baby teething at the moment so falling prey to crap food choices...
    I think you can adjust the goal weight later on if you like, once it's within the healthy weight range.

Advertisement