Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer

• 01-03-2015 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

How would one go about transferring within the Reserves? Do you e-mail HR or is there a form you get? Is it the R19 form that you need.

Thanks for any information :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

TallGlass wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

How would one go about transferring within the Reserves? Do you e-mail HR or is there a form you get? Is it the R19 form that you need.

Thanks for any information :)

You make a formal written request to your unit sgt it then it goes to your cig and then to the supt to approve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

tg123 wrote: »
    You make a formal written request to your unit sgt it then it goes to your cig and then to the supt to approve

So no need to a transfer form? Will they ask where the person wants to transfer to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

How long would it take to hear back if you got your transfer? And what happens next? Can I continue working in the station?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

TallGlass wrote: »
    So no need to a transfer form? Will they ask where the person wants to transfer to?
    Its either that or they will take a guess narrowing it down to the 26 counties

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I know this is not the correct thread but its as near as makes no difference. I travel the length and breadth of the country and I have not been stopped at one Garda checkpoint so far this year. Whats going on? I know that there are cutbacks but come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

I know this is not the correct thread but its as near as makes no difference. I travel the length and breadth of the country and I have not been stopped at one Garda checkpoint so far this year. Whats going on? I know that there are cutbacks but come on!

Ive seen 4 this week.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Ive seen 4 this week.

Were you stopped?

Were you stopped?

Didn't go through them.

Were you stopped?

Didn't go through them.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Didn't go through them.

Then you weren't stopped at a checkpoint, thats my point. We are into May and I haven't been stopped yet, checkpoints are becoming like the corncrake-extinct.

• Advertisement

Then you weren't stopped at a checkpoint, thats my point. We are into May and I haven't been stopped yet, checkpoints are becoming like the corncrake-extinct.

I was on a bus, my point is they are around and are not a rare site here in dublin.

Advertisement