Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

I'll let you know, fingers crossed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

I got my renewal FIS payment last week after letter, but still waiting on the arrears. Let me know if ye get yer back payments? Thanks ;)

Payment and arrears in one payment today ! Off to pay bills and fix the car now ��

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

have to apply for fis, as partner s btea has ended.

dreading it, I have just cleared all my bills. can't believe it's still at 5 weeks.

it means we will have less than jsa coming in every week until fis is granted.

what sort of things are fis asking for when items are missing from the application, I want to make sure there are no delays?

The want all your p60s from last year or confirmation of benefit. Wage slips and proof the employment is longer. than 3 months. Also need to send them a copy of your tax credit certificate . They need your children's details and proof if they are at college or university. Think that's it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

yep have all that, it's ready to be sent to my work payroll section, it's will be a while there.

Is there anyway you can send the stuff to fis and send the stuff from your payroll dept after. They only back date to the date they receive the application, but you are allowed to send stuff after. I didn't have my tax credit certificate , so sent it after? Well that's what they did in my case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zacharia

We applied for FIS back at the very beginning of September. We're still waiting to hear a decision on it, and it seems to have been passed from one office to another (at least three have been mentioned). Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Zacharia wrote: »
    We applied for FIS back at the very beginning of September. We're still waiting to hear a decision on it, and it seems to have been passed from one office to another (at least three have been mentioned). Is this normal?

No, something wrong there ,have you rang them to see what hold up is ,
    a while back this would have been the norm, but they are a lot quicker now.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    No, something wrong there ,have you rang them to see what hold up is ,
    a while back this would have been the norm, but they are a lot quicker now.

Yeah and they keep saying "its delayed".

A problem may be that I study in the UK although I, and my family (wife and child) reside in Ireland. She makes up required amount of working hours herself. I receive a small grant and loan from the UK government which I added to the form along with all our other income. We have been informed, however, that me studying in the UK (I return to Ireland every weekend) is not a problem by both Intreo and INOU, though I wonder whether the two currencies is causing an issue.

It was initially delayed because, for some clerical reason, our child's child benefit had been stopped and we didn't realise (we stupidly assumed that a mortgage relief payment on our statement was the child benefit) we weren't being paid it. Subsequently that posed a problem with FIS. A social welfare officer visited us and saw that our child lives at home and we were paid the amount backdated and said the FIS would come shortly. That was still two or three months ago when that was sorted out though.

• Advertisement

Yeah and they keep saying "its delayed".

A problem may be that I study in the UK although I, and my family (wife and child) reside in Ireland. She makes up required amount of working hours herself. I receive a small grant and loan from the UK government which I added to the form along with all our other income.

Even so shouldn't take that long for a "yes or no",
    on the bright side if its a yes you will get some back pay!

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Even so shouldn't take that long for a "yes or no",
    on the bright side if its a yes you will get some back pay!

Sorry, I just added more information which may help in terms of knowing whether there is a problem. We are worried, however, that our application has (a)either been lost - we had confirmation that it had been received; or (b)its being ignored for some reason.

Is there anything we can do or do we just have to wait?

Sorry, I just added more information which may help in terms of knowing whether there is a problem. We are worried, however, that our application has (a)either been lost - we had confirmation that it had been received; or (b)its being ignored for some reason.

Application lost , i would have thought you would have been told by now,
    i would ring them monday and ask do they need any more information and why why has it been delayed for this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

Sorry, I'm confused. You think its been lost or that we would have been told if it had been lost?

Sorry, should have said I'm Zacharia's wife.

Btw, I've been in several times and they've always said its at the top of the pile.

Sorry, I'm confused. You think its been lost or that we would have been told if it had been lost?

No, i mean by now they would have told you "we have no application or been lost", but as they haven't told you this when you ring them,must be another reason for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would email now or call them tomorrow to find out.Its not a public office so no point calling into them and a local office will only end up ringing them anyway.
    They obviously aren't ignoring your application and if its lost they would be in contact with you.

Studying in England wouldn't be a problem.

My guess is it is still with the inspectors and FIS are awaiting its return.

Ah ok, sorry for the confusion. I've contacted a local councillor about it this morning. Hopefully he might be able to shed some light or get things moving. I would've contacted a TD but the ones in this area are of the useless self-serving genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭deepsouthtalla

hey folks anybody got a clue on waiting times atm i put in application and got received on the 22/7 one guy told me 3 weeks another told me 6 weeks just seeing if anybody knows what the story is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

hey folks anybody got a clue on waiting times atm i put in application and got received on the 22/7 one guy told me 3 weeks another told me 6 weeks just seeing if anybody knows what the story is?
    Approx 4 weeks we waited from being told they had received our application to getting notice what we would get.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭deepsouthtalla

ureds wrote: »
    Approx 4 weeks we waited from being told they had received our application to getting notice what we would get.

Got the letter today, starting 14/8/14 just wondering whats the lead time for arrears?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Swine Flu

Got the letter today, starting 14/8/14 just wondering whats the lead time for arrears?

Hi was just wondering if you got your payment today? I got a letter saying they receievd my claim on the 15 july, i havnt been home this week to check post but based on your post i dont know why but i presumed id get it today but i didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jenhards

hey there...has ne1 got idea on waiting time at the mo...

Hi I wonder could I help me my husband was self employed but his business had to close a couple of months ago luckily he managed to get a job soon after so he now works as an employee full time ie 40 hrs per week, I don't work and we have 3 children. We sent in an application last month and I got through today and they said it had gone to social welfare I am really worried that they may cancel our application as my husband was self employed or do u think that matters as he is now am employee? What do inspectors ask and why was our application sent to them! Thanks in advance!

I shouldn't think it will make any difference as he is now a employee paying prsi usc, dont see why it should make a difference if he was self employed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭wellieboot

I'd say it's to confirm the current status of the self employment. You might be asked for an accountants letter or the business bank a\cs to confirm that the business has ceased trading etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanfitz

Does anyone know what waiting times are like when applying for fis. Sending my application tomorrow but when I phoned last week they said 10 days but cwo said 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

seanfitz wrote: »
    Does anyone know what waiting times are like when applying for fis. Sending my application tomorrow but when I phoned last week they said 10 days but cwo said 6 weeks.

No more than 3 weeks.as long as you have crossed te and dotted i's

• Advertisement

Does anybody know what happens if fis don't get the right payslips started a new job and my 1st 4 payslips are wrong will I have to reapply thanks

Advertisement