Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Not a great day today got breakfast late so we decided not to have dinner till this evening,bad idea i went for my 6k walk around 2 and got very light headed and weak half way around so i had to cut it short.I think my sugar levels were low or something got home and a diet 7-up and then i started to pick at different foods, slices of cheese,nuts,a mini Mars bar and even a pint of milk dont know what came over me.
    I wont be missing a meal again i can tell you that, luckily i still had some of my weeklys left and i had a very low point egg salad for my dinner. :o
    It just goes to show how important 3 good meals a day is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

oh my god...that maggi so juicy stuff is DEVINE! omg.....ye have to try it! and its 0pp! quick and easy way to jazz up a chicken breast!

YUM YUM YUM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Hello all, I haven't been on in a while because for want of a better word I am completely disgusted with myself. It is fair to say I have fallen off the wagon big time and it showed on Thursday with a 2.5lb gain. I was devastated. It was TOTM but I have never gained that much before in one week. I didnt track one day and I had been going off track the week before too. I also started my new job this week and was completely out of my routine. On the upside, it is the best job ever!!! However all meetings (at least 2 a day) come with coffee and pastries and the canteen supplies a free 3 course lunch every day. :eek:

So I am as of today trying to get back in the zone so only time will tell. I really dont want to be on the downward spiral. I need to force myself to make good choices in work and continue exercising well. I am trying to read back over the thread, well done to everyone sticking with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh my god...that maggi so juicy stuff is DEVINE! omg.....ye have to try it! and its 0pp! quick and easy way to jazz up a chicken breast!

YUM YUM YUM
    0pp wow will be giving that a try, is the knorr one no points as well do you know?

harr wrote: »
    0pp wow will be giving that a try, is the knorr one no points as well do you know?

not sure i've never used the knorr ones but check the tesco.ie they have the nutritional information for most products. Most those sachet seasoning things are about 2 or 3 points for the whole sachet...so if you were using it between 2 or three people...would be 1pp at the most

Like the Maggi ones do 4 chicken breasts per sachet...but i'm cooking for one...so one sachet will do me 4 dinners! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

am gutted.......a friend came to visit today and she brough home made fudge :eek: which I ate......pretty much all my weeklys gone now.......so annoyed with myself :( have no willpower!!!!! plus I have used every excuse under the sun not to get on the treadmill!!!!

I am back on the straight and narrow this evening!!!!

Those maggie so juicy thingies are really yummy and super handy!!! and thanks for the playlist ideas, need to get my ipod sorted as I will be up on the treadmill tomorrow.....need to walk off all that fudge :o

flamelily wrote: »
    am gutted.......a friend came to visit today and she brough home made fudge :eek: which I ate......pretty much all my weeklys gone now.......so annoyed with myself :( have no willpower!!!!! plus I have used every excuse under the sun not to get on the treadmill!!!!

I am back on the straight and narrow this evening!!!!

Those maggie so juicy thingies are really yummy and super handy!!! and thanks for the playlist ideas, need to get my ipod sorted as I will be up on the treadmill tomorrow.....need to walk off all that fudge :o

thats your homework for tonight! your playlist! report back later with complete playlist :P

lil kc wrote: »
    Hello all, I haven't been on in a while because for want of a better word I am completely disgusted with myself. It is fair to say I have fallen off the wagon big time and it showed on Thursday with a 2.5lb gain. I was devastated. It was TOTM but I have never gained that much before in one week. I didnt track one day and I had been going off track the week before too. I also started my new job this week and was completely out of my routine. On the upside, it is the best job ever!!! However all meetings (at least 2 a day) come with coffee and pastries and the canteen supplies a free 3 course lunch every day. :eek:

So I am as of today trying to get back in the zone so only time will tell. I really dont want to be on the downward spiral. I need to force myself to make good choices in work and continue exercising well. I am trying to read back over the thread, well done to everyone sticking with it!

Congrats on the job! hope you dont mind me asking what is it? sounds AMAZING with all those lil perks....these days....lunch is considered a perk!

Maybe over time you can ask the catoring ppl to put a fruit basket in with the pastries...like in a couple of weeks...cant really go making "demands" when you've just started!

you could have been retaining extra water from nerves over new job maybe? plus if you were "bold" the week before...that might be showing this week.

thats your homework for tonight! your playlist! report back later with complete playlist :P

hehehe will do.....am off to see what I have on the ipod and gonna download some new tunes as well.....am currently loving this band called The Baseballs.....they are a cover band who do modern songs but sing it 50s style like Elvis (I am a bit of a closet Elvis fan).....so be warned my playlist may be just a bit odd!!!:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

YUM YUM YUM

Where do you get that Lainy? I looked on the tesco website and couldn't see it. And how do you use it? Do you cook the chicken in tinfoil with that on?

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Where do you get that Lainy? I looked on the tesco website and couldn't see it. And how do you use it? Do you cook the chicken in tinfoil with that on?

i got the maggi stuff from tesco

it comes with oven bag. you put the chicken in the oven pag, add the seasoning and pop it in the oven... i was only doing 1 chicken breast so only took about twenty mens with some wedges! DELISH!

(the wedges weren't in the bag with the chicken)

i have tesco.ie open right now and i'm looking at the Maggi So Juicy on them

Search for MAGGI

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Congrats on the job! hope you dont mind me asking what is it? sounds AMAZING with all those lil perks....these days....lunch is considered a perk!

Maybe over time you can ask the catoring ppl to put a fruit basket in with the pastries...like in a couple of weeks...cant really go making "demands" when you've just started!

you could have been retaining extra water from nerves over new job maybe? plus if you were "bold" the week before...that might be showing this week.

Ah thanks. Well I was really annoyed that it was that much cos I went to the gym twice and walked loads so I thought maybe I would gain a lb, but it has defo given me a kick up the backside for sure! Have to say they really do look after you, I can have toast in the morning too if I want but have been avoiding that! Anyway I am back now!

saw the C25K program mentioned on here (but can't find who posted it again) and was wondering if there are many people doing it???

I am looking for something to motivate me to get on the treadmill and looking at the website the workouts look pretty do-able but am wondering what other people think? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi Everyone! Am very tired today - was studying all day for an exam next Sat and I'm so out of practise of studying, I'm wrecked after only fiver hours of study :(

Went for dinner today and there was three options - beef, chicken or fish. So I went for the chicken thinking it was Roast Chicken (there was no menu) and it came out as Chicken Kiev :mad::mad: Can anyone help me with the points? I couldn't find it in the Eat Out Guide. It was basically a large chicken breast, covered in breadcrumbs and garlic butter. I scrapped off all the breadcrumbs and most of the butter, so I was reckoning about 9pp - does that sound right?

I managed to resist dessert too - big thing for me :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! Am very tired today - was studying all day for an exam next Sat and I'm so out of practise of studying, I'm wrecked after only fiver hours of study :(

Went for dinner today and there was three options - beef, chicken or fish. So I went for the chicken thinking it was Roast Chicken (there was no menu) and it came out as Chicken Kiev :mad::mad: Can anyone help me with the points? I couldn't find it in the Eat Out Guide. It was basically a large chicken breast, covered in breadcrumbs and garlic butter. I scrapped off all the breadcrumbs and most of the butter, so I was reckoning about 9pp - does that sound right?

I managed to resist dessert too - big thing for me :D

a chicken kiev is about 9/10pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Thanks Lainy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Laurbie

saw the C25K program mentioned on here (but can't find who posted it again) and was wondering if there are many people doing it???

I am looking for something to motivate me to get on the treadmill and looking at the website the workouts look pretty do-able but am wondering what other people think? :confused::confused::confused:

Hey, I'm on my 5th week of it and I love it (it takes 9 weeks to reach the target)
    Do you have an I-phone? If so you can download an app called Get Running. Its amazing! I find it alot better than the actual C25k app.. You have your own personal trainer. You can play your itunes and she will just speak over your music to motivate you. Its very achievable and is taken in small steps.. totally worth doing!
    Alternatively, Im pretty sure there is another method on the C25k website.
    Good Luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Made myself a supply of meringues:D

cant wait for dessert tomorrow evening!

Laurbie wrote: »
    Hey, I'm on my 5th week of it and I love it (it takes 9 weeks to reach the target)
    Do you have an I-phone? If so you can download an app called Get Running. Its amazing! I find it alot better than the actual C25k app.. You have your own personal trainer. You can play your itunes and she will just speak over your music to motivate you. Its very achievable and is taken in small steps.. totally worth doing!
    Alternatively, Im pretty sure there is another method on the C25k website.
    Good Luck x

cool, thanks for that.....I don't have an iPhone....yet but hoping to get one in the next few weeks :cool: I like the idea of small steps towards a big goal (tis why me likes WW as well) and the workouts seem to be broken down nicely....I get bored walking for 30 mins on the treadmill so like the idea of mixing it up with a bit of running.....off to google again :D

ok so been looking at my 'walking' playlist and I really do have the most bizarre taste in music :eek:......my list is as follows :

Club can't handle me - flo rida
    Dirrty - Christina A
    Yeah! - Usher
    Raise your Glass - Pink
    Low - Flo Rida
    Single Ladies - Beyonce
    Something Kinda ooh - Girls Aloud
    Love in this Club - The Baseballs
    Time - Timbaland
    The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars
    On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez ft Pitbull
    If we ever meet again - Timbaland ft Katie Perry
    I gotta feeling - Black eyed peas
    Hot'n Cold - The Baseballs
    Smiley Faces - Gnarls Barkley
    F**kin' Perfect - Pink
    Up all night - Take that
    give it to me timberland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

cool, thanks for that.....I don't have an iPhone....yet but hoping to get one in the next few weeks :cool: I like the idea of small steps towards a big goal (tis why me likes WW as well) and the workouts seem to be broken down nicely....I get bored walking for 30 mins on the treadmill so like the idea of mixing it up with a bit of running.....off to google again :D

Quote from myself, earlier on today, might help...
    Monife wrote: »
    There are some couch to 5k IPOD and MP3 podcasts on the internet. If you don't want to be timing yourself, they tell you or make a distinctive noise when it is time to start jogging or walking.

This one has some general chart music but is not that recent. And also has a rock version.

Robert Ulrey's podcast is mainly trance/dance music and can get real boring after a while unless you're into it.

This one has a mixture of songs.

This website can help you make your own podcasts for C25K. It is a bit tricky and you need to read the instructions and download a bit of software. I did it for week 3 and 4 as it is easy enough to do when there are only a few runs but for week 1 and 2, you spend quite a long time trying to make the podcast.

thanks Monife, thats great :D I knew I had seen some posts on C25K and ipod stuff but just couldn't find it :o think its time I went to spec savers :eek:

gonna print off the training plan and re-organise my bizarre playlist and get my lazy self up on the treadmill tomorrow evening for a work out!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Yum @ meringes ... love the m+s ones and someone at meeting said 2pts

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Love the playlist on the first one monife, will be downloading all those songs!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

opheila wrote: »
    Yum @ meringes ... love the m+s ones and someone at meeting said 2pts

mine worked out at the 1PP each

Wow that's good I've started to be less strict wit myself and points and use them just to identify which foods i should use only sparingly that's prob wrong but working so far!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    mine worked out at the 1PP each

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

lil kc wrote: »

sorry to say,a new job 7yrs ago was my downfall,ive put up 2 sts give or take.......too much food and choices around,the job i was in b4 i had to bring my lunch so knew exactly what i was consuming!!! my advice nip it in the bud and start as you mean to go on:):P

ok so been looking at my 'walking' playlist and I really do have the most bizarre taste in music :eek:......my list is as follows :

Club can't handle me - flo rida
    Dirrty - Christina A
    Yeah! - Usher
    Raise your Glass - Pink
    Low - Flo Rida
    Single Ladies - Beyonce
    Something Kinda ooh - Girls Aloud
    Love in this Club - The Baseballs
    Time - Timbaland
    The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars
    On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez ft Pitbull
    If we ever meet again - Timbaland ft Katie Perry
    I gotta feeling - Black eyed peas
    Hot'n Cold - The Baseballs
    Smiley Faces - Gnarls Barkley
    F**kin' Perfect - Pink
    Up all night - Take that
    give it to me timberland

I <3 that you have the lazy song in there! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

God but I could do with a dose of willpower and discipline like most folks on here. Was out for dinner last night and as well as the at least 1 bottle of wine, I had a big plate of pasta .. Followed by a big gorgeous portion of tirimasu. Eek. And then I had a big fry breakfast today. Trying to psych myself into feeling bad about it but I can't..it was just too good. Aagh. Tomorrow's the beginning of a new week..

Really well done on all the losses and willpower. Maybe if I reread a few days posts it might rub off on me

• Advertisement

Downloaded a podcast for this couch to 5k ...is it achievable?i can't imagine me managing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement