Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good TS9 antennas for Huawei with poor signal?

• 26-05-2015 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, I recently bought an unlocked 4g LTE huawei e5372. So being as sly as I am I got a prepay three sim for smart phones and topped it up by €20 to get unlimited internet! Shhh.. Don't tell three. It does pick up 4g in certain parts of the house however its usually only 1 or 2 bars. I know it can do better!
    So.. I'm wondering if anyone had the same problem and bought a 4g antenna that actually improved the signal strength. If so, link me the antenna in the reply please! (The device does have two TS9 antenna ports on the bottom for those of you unfamiliar.)
    Answers greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

How well did it work without the antenna, did you get an antenna?

Cheers
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Does anyone know what the range of this device actually is? To the cell tower, not to any device through the wi-fi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the range of this device actually is? To the cell tower, not to any device through the wi-fi.

The problem is the range alters on 3G according to the number of users google cell shrinkage. I can get a usable connection (2MB max) from a mast 6 miles away with several different dongles, MiFi and WiFi devices but at peak times the connection just drops. 4G afaik doesn't suffer from cell shrinkage.

my3cents wrote: »
    The problem is the range alters on 3G according to the number of users google cell shrinkage. I can get a usable connection (2MB max) from a mast 6 miles away with several different dongles, MiFi and WiFi devices but at peak times the connection just drops. 4G afaik doesn't suffer from cell shrinkage.

I am surrounded by everything but a 4G transmitter and the closest is 200 meters away, yet, my coverage is only good on average.

• Advertisement

mrsoundie wrote: »
    I am surrounded by everything but a 4G transmitter and the closest is 200 meters away, yet, my coverage is only good on average.

Check who's equipment is on that mast at siteviewer.ie

my3cents wrote: »
    Check who's equipment is on that mast at siteviewer.ie

I have and I only recorded the Meteor ones, there are five all within 3Km of my home. The nearest 4G mast is 13.1 Km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

how uptodate is the information on siteviewer.ie and how often is it updated?

funnyname wrote: »
    how uptodate is the information on siteviewer.ie and how often is it updated?

Its fairly accurate I think the ISP's are allowed something like 6 weeks before they are supposed to inform comreg of new active sites. How often comreg update is another question but I can't answer that.

Advertisement