Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSA and Garda Reserve

• 02-03-2015 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Would just like to know if anyone knows when do you have to give up the PSA license if your doing security is it at the start or end of training .Iv herd its not till you graduate and after that if you have stuck with it you must give it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Start of training. But some never do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

would they not kick you out if you don't?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Alan94

I wanted to get a psa but never did as I was on the waiting list.

U could have 2 years Security experience now alan94. security work is top if your in good spot

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    U could have 2 years Security experience now alan94. security work is top if your in good spot

Yeah it's a pain alright, Id need to bulk up if I was to do it ha

• Advertisement

I also did that , u need some muscle for policing or security work

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

I also did that , u need some muscle for policing
    Not really.

Ha I'll start going the gym one day

snams wrote:
    Not really.

Snams you on some mission to disagree with me , and by the way it would make things such as arresting people easier .

I consider myself strong as I have to do heavy lifting on a daily basis. However to look at me im a stick ha.

• Advertisement

Right any one have any other advice on PSA please its why i started this going .

Right any one have any other advice on PSA please its why i started this going .

Grand stretch in the evenings. Still a bit cold though.

some good advice from people who PM me thanks lads. Would still like to here what others did asking to keep it etc??

People are told they should not have them, I believe these rules should be followed. I wanted a psa licence but did not get one because reserves are not allowed have one.

People are told they should not have them, I believe these rules should be followed. I wanted a psa licence but did not get one because reserves are not allowed have one.

Thanks for the PMs again today great advice. Much appreciated

Alan94 wrote:

U ain't a Reserve yet.

U ain't a Reserve yet.

Yes but why would I get one if I had to give it up when or if I get In. I'm unsure why anybody would think they can keep it if it states in the requirments for the reserves that a person can not have one.
    I'm not sure what suggestions you got but all I could think of is maybe you ring and ask but im sure if they found out you had one and used it while a serving reserve they wouldn't be to happy.
    I am not trying to miss lead or argue or even troll as has been suggested in previous threads, I am simply putting my points and opinions across as I am perfectly entitled to do.

Alan94 wrote:
    Yes but why would I get one if I had to give it up when or if I get In. I'm unsure why anybody would think they can keep it if it states in the requirments for the reserves that a person can not have one. I'm not sure what suggestions you got but all I could think of is maybe you ring and ask but im sure if they found out you had one and used it while a serving reserve they wouldn't be to happy. I am not trying to miss lead or argue or even troll as has been suggested in previous threads, I am simply putting my points and opinions across as I am perfectly entitled to do.

haha grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

U ain't a Reserve yet.

Either are you runner so give the guy or gal a break they are looking for answers and advice and not put downs

• Advertisement

tg123 wrote:
    Either are you runner so give the guy or gal a break they are looking for answers and advice and not put downs

Ya Tg123, he got banned on another garda forum for trolling , im not putting anyone down . your welcome to give him all the advice he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

Ya Tg123, he got banned on another garda forum for trolling , im not putting anyone down . your welcome to give him all the advice he needs.

Thanks I will do that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Alanb94

I believe that guy was banned. I think if you say something against anyone or challenge an opinion you get banned, I think it's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

***gets a cold beer, and a bag of popcorn, takes a seat and sits back to enjoy the soap opera that is this thread ***

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,643 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Alanb94 wrote: »
    I believe that guy was banned. I think if you say something against anyone or challenge an opinion you get banned, I think it's ridiculous.
    Alanb94 permanently banned from all ES forums for being a re-reg of Alan94.

Shield, on behalf of Turner.

i

Sorry I keep posting about same thing but if anyone has any other advice on PSA please give me a PM

Advertisement