Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Did you read that article Rachel Cosgrove wrote about making weight for a PL comp? She competed in the 148lb weight class (even though she normally weighs 155lbs) and her numbers were:
    Squat: 225lbs
    Bench: 132lbs
    DL: 198lbs

This is it: http://www.rachelcosgrove.com/2011/11/making-weight/ I thought of you when I read it and what you said elsewhere about the whole 'girls gone strong' thing....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Did you read that article Rachel Cosgrove wrote about making weight for a PL comp? She competed in the 148lb weight class (even though she normally weighs 155lbs) and her numbers were:

This is it: http://www.rachelcosgrove.com/2011/11/making-weight/ I thought of you when I read it and what you said elsewhere about the whole 'girls gone strong' thing....

What's up with the low deadlift compared to everything else? Was it an equipped meet?

Hanley wrote: »
    What's up with the low deadlift compared to everything else? Was it an equipped meet?
    Dunno and doesn't look like it http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.178256408935805.41763.101292529965527&type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Hey, I hadn't actually read it at all. Just had a read of the article 'making weight' there and looked around for a detailed write up on the PL competition but couldnt find anything :(...also...I'm just thinking thank God Will's instructions for making weight were waaaaaay easier than that!!! I would NOT have lasted in the heat AT ALL!!!

I did find it very interesting when she said that her reason for dropping to a lighter weight class was to 'win the gold'. Just always strikes the point in my mind that if you need to drop into a less competitive weight class that perhaps you don't deserve the gold....if you get what I mean????? Like I really don't think I deserve any of the records I got cos there was no competition in it for me..so in fact they're kinda boring records!! She also clearly stated that she knew she wouldnt win in the higher weightclass and that she wanted gold. Sure even the last line in the article reads 'I won the gold' as if she's proud for winning the less competitive class. But then again I suppose she has every right to be proud, perhaps it was a major acheivement for her..I would really have liked to read a full write up just to get a clearer picture of her background etc.

I absolutely loved the idea of the Girls Gone Strong movement at the very start but then once I started looking into it and following it, I realised there was a lot of 'talk' behind it and that not all of them were particulary strong at all. I can think of 2 of the girls off the top of my head that havent even a 2bw deadlift yet which I would consider a very intermediate number and it's not that this lack of strength would change my opinion on them it just disappoints me somewhat when I read posts written by them saying how amazing and fantastic they are..it's as if they're lowering the bar somewhat. Like I know if someone started competing at my weightclass putting up fairly good numbers that I'd work my ass off to try and stay in competition with them...and also unfortunately the Girls Gone Strong have turned really gimmicky as of late..selling lots of products etc....God, I sound horribly opinionated...I really dont mean to...I know different people have different goals etc

And on a worse note.....

Wisdom teeth reallllllly not happy again today....3rd day in a row....:(really dont think im gonna make it to the gym:(

Sh!te about the teeth, thank god I'm over all that malarky....

To be honest I didn't even think about how she had to drop weight to get her gold. I think that anyone who even competes in those comps deserve a medal. Serious kudos to anyone who does it.

Maybe I'm just being a bit harsh but I was surprised at the numbers she got. This is someone who trains a lot and has done for years. And that's all she is clocking up? (Not that I can talk or anything but then again its not exactly my livelihood...) It's just like the whole girls gone 'strong' thing as you said before. They aren't exactly clocking up major numbers either.

On another note us women are very hard on each other, aren't we?:(

• Advertisement

To be honest I didn't even think about how she had to drop weight to get her gold. I think that anyone who even competes in those comps deserve a medal. Serious kudos to anyone who does it.
    Lol...was the first thing I noticed in the piece! She'd made reference to it 2/3 times and I just found it ironic cos she mentioned how competitive she is but then noted how she avoided competition by lifting in a different class
    Maybe I'm just being a bit harsh but I was surprised at the numbers she got. This is someone who trains a lot and has done for years. And that's all she is clocking up? (Not that I can talk or anything but then again its not exactly my livelihood...) It's just like the whole girls gone 'strong' thing as you said before. They aren't exactly clocking up major numbers either.

Thing is I suppose it really depends on her goals and her previous training experiences. I amn't too familar with her background-I know who her husband is and I've read his stuff, I know she wrote a book but apart from that I don't know what areas she focuses on or how long she's been training. Ie..did she focus on bb or was she an endurance athlete..how long has she been training for? Having said all of that..yes I do agree I was a little surprised with her numbers. I would consider a 1.5bw squat, 2bw DL and a bw bench to be the starting stones to gaining strength...but then again..that's just personal opinion!!!
    On another note us women are very hard on each other, aren't we?:(
    Sadly yup, and I think we've even harder on ourselves!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

gymfreak wrote: »
    B*tches be crazy

Truth

Friday 9th March-R1
    Took a few painkillers, seemed to work wonders for my teeth and burning cheeks:) Decided last minute to head to the gym as there was no point heading out and being miserable or even lounging about the house miserable..might as well be miserable in the gym:)

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    Cable Face Pulls
    x2
    Really short on time so skipped warmup and shortened mobiltiy

RDL..60sec rest
    20kg x 12
    30kg x 12
    50kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    50kg x 10..Eassssy!! up it next day

Step Ups
    5 x 10 with 5kg DBs, ick!

45 degree Side Arches on GHR
    3 x 10/10

Bench Press
    20kg x 12
    20kg x 12
    33kg x 10
    33kg x 10
    33kg x 10
    33kg x 10
    33kg x 10
    90sec rest

Seated Row on Cable machine..60sec rest
    84kg x 10
    84kg x 10
    84kg x 10
    84kg x 10
    84kg x 10
    i'd actually love to know why cable machines in different gyms vary so much????? Anyone know?

Hanging Leg Raises
    5 x 10

Overhead Tricep Press cable machine
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10

Thing is I suppose it really depends on her goals and her previous training experiences. I amn't too familar with her background-I know who her husband is and I've read his stuff, I know she wrote a book but apart from that I don't know what areas she focuses on or how long she's been training. Ie..did she focus on bb or was she an endurance athlete..how long has she been training for? Having said all of that..yes I do agree I was a little surprised with her numbers. I would consider a 1.5bw squat, 2bw DL and a bw bench to be the starting stones to gaining strength...but then again..that's just personal opinion!!!

Sadly yup, and I think we've even harder on ourselves!!!!
    Good point, I guess I don't know what her goals or past training history is...

So yep, very judgemental of us!

Saturday 10th March-C2
    Went to the gym late enough today to avoid all the running groups. Just myself and two others there for a good hour..good craic...but too much talking at the start meant I didnt get my last con block done:mad:

Con Block 1- 10mins
    Farmers Walks and jog/sprint
    120m farmer walk with 30kg TB
    60m jog
    60m sprint..left hip feeling a tad weird
    6 rounds in 11.07mins..no problems with grip at all on this
    :)

Work Block-15mins
    10 DB Squat, Clean and Press 7.5kg
    10 inverted rows
    9 rounds in 15.38...down a round...disappointed:(

Con Block-10mins
    Farmers Walks and jog/sprint
    60m farmer walk with 50kg TB
    30m jog
    30m sprint
    8 rounds in 9.30mins..I enjoyed this

Work Block-15mins
    10 DB Squat, Clean and Press 7.5kg
    10 inverted rows
    9 rounds in 15.10

Con Block-10mins
    Ran outta time...gym closed!! Too much talking at the start. I shall be in the gym for a bit of stretching and rolling tomorrow so I'll catch up then.

Really enjoy the farmers walks though:)

Weekly review:Could of done a hell of a lot better:(

Training: Got my 4 sessions in..C, S, R, C...but wasnt really feeling in the groove like I have been lately
    Diet: A bloated mess! Better next week.

Work was a bit crazy this week...which ended up leaving me exhausted...which led me to eating TONNES of carbs to give me energy...which was the stoopidest move of all..cos anytime I eat **** food training ALWAYS suffers..I just don't run well on crap food..and worst of all..I KNOW this..and still end up doing it:rolleyes:

Plan is..next time I get an inkling of being tired I'm going to take a complete and utter rest day from everything even if it happens to be ridiculously early in the week and I'll make a REALLY big effort to stick to my good foods:)

• Advertisement

Sunday 11th March
    Foamrolled and stretched hipflexors.

Was terribly excited again:)
    Overhead squat, drop squats, 2nd pull with bent arms and hang snatches
    Used the wooden dowel, 10kg bar
    Overhead position wasn't as bad as last day..but still needs a load of work

Snatch...from hang position?? think that's what it's called anyway
    Always 3's 3's 3's
    10kg x 3
    12kg x 3
    14kg x 3
    15kg x 3
    18kg x 3
    20kg x 3..never has 20kg ever felt so heavy!
    Made a good few mistakes at the first attempts at 20kg but once I actually stopped hesitating if was going up grand.:)

Tried my best not to count plates on the bar..only makes me nervous.

Cleans:
    Triples, triples, triples, triples..that's all I ever notice:D

Paid a little more attention to the set up..bar over midfoot, heels, heels, heels and trying to remember to pull my shoulders back.
    Started at 20kg and worked up to 37kg

15kg x 3
    20kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    30kg x 3
    35kg x 3..proper plates:)
    37kg x I am a complete and utter idiot. Nerves just kicked in on this set could feel myself shaking:rolleyes: I'm gonna blame Ste for this, because before he arrived I was going grand enough.
    Made a complete mess of my first two tries.
    3rd try..got the first 2 reps missed the last. 1st rep felt damn good and easy but I think that Hanley was less than impressed....meh!!! I was happy!

Bit more foamrolling and left it at that. Nice and easy Sunday session.....I am amazed at how tired 'inside' I feel using such light weights though! Strange!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

I take full responsibility for the misses. Can't be expected to lift when other people are in the gym like.

They looked good anyway, the ones you didn't miss.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    I take full responsibility for the misses. Can't be expected to lift when other people are in the gym like.

Lol.

My point EXACTLY!!!:D

Monday 12th March-S1

Spin bike-20mins
    Legs felt really weird after..kinda pumped/swollen. Ewww.

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    Fire Hydrants
    Trunk rotations
    Quad Walk
    Hamstring Walk
    Wall slides
    Scap pull ups
    x2

Squats
    Was really nervous back squatting today cos it's been about 5 weeks since I did it last:eek:
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    63kg x 5...tough
    63kg x 5
    63kg x 5:(..stupid light weight feeling heavy!

DB RDLs
    25kg DBs x 10
    25kg DBs x 10
    25kg DBs x 10
    25kg DBs x 10
    25kg DBs x 10..no problems with grip at all at all today:)

Weighted Bridging
    +20kg
    3 x 60secs

Pull Ups
    3, 2, 2, 2, 2..damn you bloatedness:( .gonna make a proper concentrated effort at these seeing as they are supposed to be my aim.

DB Floor Press
    17.5kg x 10...whoopee:D:D I'm getting strong again!
    17.5kg x 10
    17.5kg x 10
    17.5kg x 9
    17.5kg x 7..wrist is a bit achey:(

Overhead Plate Arches
    10kg
    3 x 10/10

Bicep Curls
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

Weightlifting stuff with Hanley..not my best efforts tonight:(

I am, however oh so nearly starting to remember some drills
    Overhead squats, drop squats, pulls with elbows back, hang snatch
    Wooden dowel
    Starting using a hook grip today..felt very odd..thought I'd done it before..which confused me and made everything feel unfamiliar..
    Messed about with 10kg, 13kg, 15kg and 18kg.
    Nothing was great

Attempted snatching with weight starting at my shin-just the 10kg bar...possibly 13kg too. Didn't feel too odd at all.

Cleans.
    Hook Grip again
    Triples at 15g, 25kg, 30kg
    35kg x the dreaded words.. 'Kill it':(
    Dunno what I was at. Pure time wasting..weight wasnt too heavy at all just wasnt even attempting to get under the bar:(:( I HATE when I'm stoopid..I KNOW I could of done it if I went for it properly

A teeny bit of Foamrolling

Tuesday 13th March-R1 <----love this particular session...I enjoy all the stuff in it..EXCEPT for the benching..but that's more of a suck it up and shut up thing

Warm up

X-trainer-20mins

Mobility Stuff
    Fire Hydrant
    Wall Sweeps
    Hamstring Walk
    Scap pull ups
    Quad Walk
    Trunk Rotations
    Sumo Walk

SLDL
    15kg x 12
    15kg x 12
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10..balance a bit wonky on right foot, but easy enough..might up weight next day

Plate shifting
    (2.5kg x 4) + (5kg x 4)
    5 x 60/60

Bench Press-60sec rest
    20kg x 12
    20kg x 12
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10...about time that I up the weight on these...I just hate benching! Makes me feel like I'm under too much pressure!

Inverted Row
    5 x 10

DB Shrugs
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    Last set was tough..but apart from that grand

Back Extensions
    1x 10 bw
    +5kg x 10
    +5kg x 10
    +5kg x 10
    +5kg x 10...did these slow and controlled as opposed to my normal messing...and by God I felt it

Tricep Pushdown
    @20kg x 10
    @20kg x 10
    @20kg x 10
    @20kg x 10
    @20kg x 10....tough!

Was gonna do an extra bit of cardio cos I had loads of energy..but decided it would probably come back to haunt me later in the week in the form of fatigue:Dso left it at that!!

Wednesday 14th March-Bitta Weightlifting with Hanley

Foamrolled and stretched

Usually warmy-uppy things-overhead squats, drop squats, high pulls, hang snatches

Snatch from above the knees
    Hook Grip
    Worked up to 20kg for triples..I think
    Had to hang out in the bottom position for some of these sets. Didn't like it..fairly tough...but I kinda figured out how to drive back up instead of chickening out.

Still havent figured out how to tense glutes and abs whilst squatting though..need to remember to practise it.

Snatches from the ground
    Actually only realised writing this that we snatched from the ground..was oblivious to it at the time.
    Worked up to 20kg for some triples. I really amaze myself at my lack of attention to details sometiimespacman.gifpacman.gif

Cue:
    Bar over midfoot.
    Pinch shoulders
    Shouders high and back

Cleans from the floor

Only worked up to 30kg for triples.
    Some of the reps felt uber good.
    I actually frightened myself by getting under the bar quicker than usual..kinda funny..didnt really know what happened..pretty sure the was an eeeeeep though:D

Cues:
    Bar over midfoot
    Pinch shouders
    Quick

Happy out:)

They're called drop snatches... elbows (not shoulders) high and back... stop being a pussy...

That's about it!

They're called drop snatches.
    .. drop squats makes a hell of a lot more sense tho!
    elbows (not shoulders) high and back... stop being a pussy...

That's about it!
    :pac:

.. drop squats makes a hell of a lot more sense tho!

Not really... you're dropping into the catch position of a snatch. Dropping into the bottom of a squat is just called a ...... squat!

Not really... you're dropping into the catch position of a snatch. Dropping into the bottom of a squat is just called a ...... squat!

Hmm...not how it worked in my head...more of a ...
    1.'Chuck'.
    2. 'Stand back up from squat'...but yeh, suppose drop snatch makes more sense...once again..those dots don't connect themselves:pac::D

• Advertisement

Thursday 15th March- C1
    Energy levels are pretty high this week:D:D Whoop whoop. Also having a fairly handy week in work...hmmm..I sense a connection!

Mobility Stuff
    Fire Hydrant
    Wall Sweeps
    Hamstring Walk
    Scap pull ups
    Quad Walk
    Trunk Rotations
    Sumo Walk

***Sled day today*** Always have mixed thoughts about this..and then end up in my element:rolleyes:

Con. Block-Sled Push
    Sled + 10kg
    20m up and 20m back
    9 rounds in 10.30...alot of friction cos you can't detach the rope and it kept falling beneath it. Killed my hip flexors!!!

Work Block 1-15 mins
    5 Box Jumps
    5 DB Incline Press 15kg
    5 Unsupported DB row e/s 25kg
    11 rounds in 15.19:) Up 3 rounds from last time...getting back on track...whoopeeee

Con Block-Sled bear crawl
    Bear Crawl with Belt
    Sled + 20kg 30m each way
    7 rounds in 10.54

Work Block 2-15mins
    5 e/s Step ups
    10 DB Pullovers 10kg
    10 pushups
    11 rounds in 15.32.:)Up 3 rounds for last time

Con Block
    Backward Sled Drag using the belt
    Sled + 40kg
    50m each way
    4 rounds in 13.30..I like this one..it's like steady state cardio with a minor twist!

Happy out!:)

Friday 16th March-S2

Warm up
    Bike-20mins

Deadlifts
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    90kg x 3
    90kg x 3
    90kg x 3
    90kg x 3
    90kg x 3...felt easy. Didn't look as nice.

Anyone got any advice on the deadlifts? Getting really bored trying to make them look nice...they really don't seem to be going anywhere (weights wise or technique wise)

Single Leg Split Squats
    +10kg x 10
    +10kg x 10
    +10kg x 10
    +10kg x 10
    +10kg x 10

Side Bridging
    +15kg
    3 x 60sec on/ 30sec off
    Quite tough..had to take the extra few seconds break.

Incline Bench Press
    Bench was busy so I just DB benched instead
    10kg DBs x 12
    10kg DBs x 12
    15kg DBs x 6
    15kg DBs x 6
    15kg DBs x 6
    15kg DBs x 6
    15kg DBs x 6 Arms were a wee bit tired from the incline bench press yesterday

Single Arm Cable Row
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    36kg x 10
    36kg x 10
    36kg x 10

Plate Russian Twist
    15kg
    3 x 10/10

Lying Tricep Extensions
    7.5kg DBs x 10
    7.5kg DBs x 10
    7.5kg DBs x 10
    7.5kg DBs x 10
    7.5kg DBs x 10

Happy out:) Good training week already and it's only Friday. Got my 4 sessions done-S1, R1, C1, S2. Diet was good aswell

Foamrolling

Sunday 18th March
    Had my planned training done for the week and trying to keep in line with the '4 sessions a week' cap so today was just a muck about day with the intention of doing nothing but mess.

A good bit of foamrolling, stretching and then loosening with a tennis ball.
    Quads, ITB et al don't seem to be as unhappy as they have been:)

Also time to start back running slowly:D Was trés excited. Just did an easy 4 laps of the track... painfree:D. So I'll add an extra lap every day or so and see where that gets me. Was so happy to be out running in today's weather, here's hoping the weather keeps up.

Messed around with a barbell for a while..nothing of importance to note.

Pullups:3, 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 3, 3

Got overhead pressed by L a few times..I was impressed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Got overhead pressed by L a few times..I was impressed!

You should probably get tested after that!

Monday 19th March-R1
    AM

My sister asked yesterday if I'd bring her to the gym today:D:D Was soooo excited! I've been trying to get her to go to the gym for years and she finally succumbed of her own will. It was her first time ever in a gym and she's a terrible eater and not into any activities/sports so is really frail, weak and unfit. So the plan for today was to take it EXCEPTIONALLY handy.

I remember Will saying to me that the mobility stuff can be like an actual 'workout' for beginners and I never really thought anything of it until I watched her run through it with me. Was kinda chuffed at the end of the mobility when she remarked that it was like a massage because of how her back/shoulders had felt just doing it.Started out doing the session with her but then I started getting frustrated cos I couldnt concentrate on her so I abandoned it and just helped her through a workblock and a light con block.

Fingers crossed we may have a gymfreak2 on our hands:D

PM

Warm up

X-trainer-20mins

Mobility Stuff
    Fire Hydrant
    Wall Sweeps
    Hamstring Walk
    Scap pull ups
    Quad Walk
    Trunk Rotations
    Sumo Walk

SLDL
    15kg x 12
    15kg x 12
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10...was wondering how I managed to up the weight so easily..then I copped on I'd done them wrong-used same hand, same foot instead of opposited. DOH!

Plate shifting
    (2.5kg x 4) + (5kg x 4)
    5 x 60/60

Bench Press-90sec rest
    20kg x 12
    20kg x 12
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10...Deeeeeelighted:D Don't think I've done that weight for sets since last summer. Hopefully be able to shorten the rest next day

Inverted Row
    5 x 10

DB Shrugs
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    Only realised during the week that I've been doing these wrong..hadnt been concentrating on shrugging with my traps. So lowered the weight today and gave them a good try

Back Extensions
    +5kg x 10
    +5kg x 10
    +5kg x 10
    +5kg x 10
    +5kg x 10

Tricep Pushdown
    @20kg x 10
    @20kg x 10
    @20kg x 10
    @20kg x 10
    @20kg x 10....hard.

...was reading last night and I came across a quote "if everything is a priority, then nothing is a priority" and then it just clicked me with that although I've been excellent with keeping in line with the 4 day training a week cap...that I've started to slip again:(
    This weekend alone, I've agreed with others to
    ..join a dance class
    ..go get swimming lessons
    ..enter an adventure race
    ..and seriously think about joining a weightlifting club

..I think I'm the ultimate hamster running in a wheel:rolleyes: it's like a lapse in thinking every so often/a thinking that all the 'extra' stuff won't count cos I'm doing it with others!

Wednesday 21st March-C2
    Today was sorta a mish-mash of stuff...had plans..then didnt have plans kinda day. So...

Trip 1
    Mobility Stuff
    Fire Hydrant
    Wall Sweeps
    Hamstring Walk
    Scap pull ups
    Quad Walk
    Trunk Rotations
    Sumo Walk

Con Block-Rower
    150m/ 50 sec rest
    1. 36.4
    2. 36.9
    3. 37.1
    4. 37.
    5. 36.8
    6. 37.0
    7. 37.5
    8. 36.6
    9. 37.1
    10. 36.5....dreadful times:o

Xtrainer-25mins

Trip 2
    Spin-45mins
    I actually really enjoyed it! Been months since I went spinning:)

Was in great form so decided to finish the con day that I'd started earlier.

Work Block-15mins
    10 BB Clean and Push Press 20kg
    10 inverted rows
    8 rounds in 15.21.same as last time. But I did manage 12 months and months ago!Wanna get back to that. Hands were crampy horribly tho:( Had to keep putting the bar down.

Con Block-10mins
    150m/ 50 sec rest
    1. 35.6
    2. 35.7
    3. 35.7
    4. 35.1
    5. 35.7
    6. 36.2
    7. 36.4
    8. 36.0
    9. 36.6
    10. 36.7....decided to bury myself on this block...or attempt to anyway:P

Work Block-15mins
    10 BB Clean and pushpress 20kg
    10 inverted rows
    8 rounds in 16.34mins...hands weren't half as sore!

Decided to skip the last con block..cos that'd probably be considered as overkill:pac:

Thursday 22nd March-Cardio bunny
    *Ducks head in case anyone tries to throw a weight at me*

Continued the original gymfreak workout routine and tried out more gym classes. Can't help it! Gym has changed the timetable and added in loads of new ones which means I HAVE to try them all and so that I realise that I'm not interested in them.

X-Trainer-10mins

Step-45mins
    Was a happy little bunny in this one, bouncing away. Routines were good fun but at the same time probably should of been better thought out. One of the routines had two different fast paced turns/twists on and off a step in a row followed by a complex move.. to fast paced music...was actually waiting for someone's knee to twist..or maybe I'm too cautious about my wee knees!

Bootcamp-30mins
    Wasn't much bothered to be honest, I work harder when I'm on my own.

That's it with the classes for the week!!!

Friday 23rd March-S1
    Really wanted to go for a wee jog today but my knee was quite sore/inflammed last night so I'll give it a day or twos rest before attempting. Weather is soooo gorgeous these days...REALLY cant wait for my knee to fix itself!! Dying to be able to go out running!

Warm up
    Bike-20 mins

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    Wall Slides
    Fire Hydrants
    Scap Push Ups
    Quad Walk
    Cable Face Pulls
    Spiderman Walk

Goblet Squat
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    32.5kg x 5
    32.5kg x 6
    32.5kg x 6
    32.5kg x 6
    32.5kg x 6....eeew..tough enough! possibly could of pushed a few sets to 8....but eeew I hate high reps

Barbell RDL's
    60kg x 12
    60kg x 12
    60kg x 12
    60kg x 8...damn grip!

DB Situps

5kg DBS x 15
    5kg DBS x 15
    5kg DBS x 15 Incline DB Press
    10kg x 8
    10kg x 8
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10:) starting to get strong again

Inverted Rows
    5 x 10

Side Bridge
    15kg
    3 x 40/20

Bicep Curls
    7.5kg DBs x 10
    7.5kg DBs x 10
    7.5kg DBs x 10
    right wrist was starting to feel really achey so I left the curls at that. I remember doing something that hurt my wrist during the week...just can't remember what:confused:

Foamrolling

Walked in the front door and was literally persuaded to go straight back out for an hours walk.

Saturday 24th March-R1

Step Class-45mins

Warm up

X-Trainer-20mins

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    Wall Slides
    Fire Hydrants
    Scap Push Ups
    Quad Walk
    Cable Face Pulls
    Spiderman Walk
    x 2.

Leg Press-60sec rest
    40kg x 12
    50kg x 12
    110kg x F....EUUUUGH!!! Wouldnt budge at all:(:(
    100kg x 10
    100kg x 10
    100kg x 10
    100kg x 10
    100kg x 10..grand
    How annoying can do 100kg for reps with short rest periods but cant even get 110kg to budge even a teeny bit!

Cable Ab Pulldowns
    I like these:)
    20 @25kg
    20 @25kg
    20 @25kg up the weight next day

Band Assisted Dips
    Forgot the bands today :(so just used the assited dip machine--it's weird cos it's a standing asst dip machine
    2 x 12 @ 20kg
    5 x 10 @ 15kg..grand. 60sec rest

DB Shrugs
    Lowered the weight again cos I really want to focus on using my lats more
    22.5kg x 10
    22.5kg x 10
    22.5kg x 10
    22.5kg x 10
    22.5kg x 10

Inverted Rows
    BW x 10
    BW x 10