Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Fantasy Football Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Shotton lescott or evans for cs this gw lads? Already starting gallas and simpson. Was thinking lescott and benching evans and shotton with evans to come on for bale if he doesnt play

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MAN UTD V QPR
    Rafael Scholes (2) Rooney (3)

Not complaining but Rooney (3) is a joke imo. He had a poor second half. Scholes should have got all 3 and for once Evra had a really good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Trilla wrote: »
    Not complaining but Rooney (3) is a joke imo. He had a poor second half. Scholes should have got all 3 and for once Evra had a really good game.

Ah yeah but rooney had over 3 shots on target apart from the goal. That was Scholes' only shot in the game I'd say so that's probably why Rooney got it. Rooney got a monster PPI despite only scoring 1 goal. He got 41. To compare to that, Cisse got 45 with his 2 goals, as did Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just checked my private league there. My main rival has given up. I'm beating him by around 80 points and he's after taking a 16 point hit just there. Ha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just checked my private league there. My main rival has given up. I'm beating him by around 80 points and he's after taking a 16 point hit just there. Ha

Given up? Far from it man. Would love to see what transfers he has made. 9 times out of 10 you have him beat by a mile, but he's clearly going to try and go for your throat.

But 100 points is probably a bit too much and I feel that if he was going to take a 16 point hit, Gw35 was the best time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »

Given up? Far from it man. Would love to see what transfers he has made. 9 times out of 10 you have him beat by a mile, but he's clearly going to try and go for your throat.

But 100 points is probably a bit too much and I feel that if he was going to take a 16 point hit, Gw35 was the best time.

maybe he's loading up for an all-or-nothing gw36

watch out Jimmy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lads in the league tables if you stay the same in the league you get a little arrow pointing to the right dont you? So is a straight line a new entry cus some lad has come from nowhere to lead a league im in :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lads in the league tables if you stay the same in the league you get a little arrow pointing to the right dont you? So is a straight line a new entry cus some lad has come from nowhere to lead a league im in :eek:

yep. Closed leagues ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

eh i dunno wrote: »

Yeah new entry! Who let that happen?

Hope it's not a money league.

FutureGuy wrote: »

manual_man wrote: »
    maybe he's loading up for an all-or-nothing gw36

watch out Jimmy :pac:

Ah feck off lads. I can't check cause they're updating. Ye've really put a dampner on my day :(. Hopefully it's not true ha.

EDIT: I've just seen his team now. He's gone all out on the wrong week, week 34. He can field 10 players I think. For the double week he has Modric, Bale and VDV. I can't see them being a realistic threat. VDV is the only one I'd worry about.

I can see him taking another 16 point hit to get in players for GW36. He has made transfers that have cost him 88 points this season so far. He'll easily reach 100 if he hasn't fully given up and comes back to the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Balls... went on the piss over the weekend and somehow ended up in Morocco. Obviously internet access is a bit scarce so suffice to say I haven't had a chance to change my team.

I tried to sub out Suarez for Cisse yesterday (after he'd already gone up by 0.2) and only found out this morning that it actually worked. Unfortunately I wasn't able to change the rest of my team! Will be lucky to say in the top 10 in boards after this week unless Rooney has a stormer

roryc wrote: »
    Balls... went on the piss over the weekend and somehow ended up in Morocco. Obviously internet access is a bit scarce so suffice to say I haven't had a chance to change my team.

****ing hell. When I go on the piss the worst place I end up in would be the flowerbed outside my house. Remind me never to go on the rip with you anyway :P.

Haha its not as bad as you think, I live in Gibraltar so its not that far. Still a f**king odd weekend when you don't know what country you've woken up in... You know you have an addiction when you are walking past camels looking for internet access to change your FF team. Ended up trying to sort it on my phone on crap WIFI and somehow managed to get the Cisse > Suarez transfer through but thats it, rest of the team is unchanged.

I'm amazed I haven't slipped further in the rankings tbh, and I'm not really in that bad shape for this week. Rooney v RVP will either save my week or kill me off altogether though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Balls... went on the piss over the weekend and somehow ended up in Morocco.

I am infinitely more interested in this than any fantasy football related story!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I see the top two lads have hit the 2 thousand mark this week

I am infinitely more interested in this than any fantasy football related story!

Haha yeh I should save them for a book or some sh*t, always end up in some sort of tangle when I go on the p*ss. Back in Israel next week with work so will keep you lads informed if I drunkenly stumble into Gaza... I'm sure they'd understand if I explained to them that it was a double GW coming up and me getting internet access was of critical importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

I had Dempsey a while back but got rid of him - regret it now after his last couple of scores but imo Dempsey is somebody you need a lot of patience with as he might get 17 points one week then get 2 points 3/4 weeks running and he doesnt come cheap either. Dempsey is a points monster over the course of the season but at this stage of the season with only 6 weeks left i dont think il be getting him back in just in case he has his normal few quiet weeks. Although the double game week coming up does tempt the sh*te out of me for getting him back in. Maybe im wrong i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'm thinkin of selling Stephen Kelly and bringing in Aston Villa's Nathan Baker. All I know about him is that he is cheap as chips and has started Villa's last 3 games, anyone know if he is likely to keep his place for their next 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheAlexCrewe

I brought Bendtner in this week getting ready for GW34 and now he's doubtful. Isn't that just dandy. Just realised I don't have any Man City players right now after getting rid of Silva. Anyone worth a look?

As part of my master plan I currently have 7.2m in the bank :)

And I wonder why I'm slipping down, down, down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Give it to me straight, guys... is my new sig too large?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

As part of my master plan I currently have 7.2m in the bank :)

And I wonder why I'm slipping down, down, down...

8.1 here...

Don't feel too bad :p

carlcon wrote: »
    Give it to me straight, guys... is my new sig too large?

At first I thought it was an image that you posted. It's kind of hard to make out the line separating the end of your post and the sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

At first I thought it was an image that you posted. It's kind of hard to make out the line separating the end of your post and the sig.

Agreed. It'll stop being funny to me in about 24 hours, so it'll be gone by then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I'm joint top of the Boards league...for the month of April :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GaaLad

Lads how many teams are there in the Irish league on FPL?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

GaaLad wrote: »

I don't think there's any way of checking :confused:

you were able to in previous years...

GaaLad wrote: »

Well there's a lad in one of my leagues who is coming 2.558 millionth overall and he is around 226,000th in Ireland. For a country of our size that's a pretty hefty number. Not far off 20% of the population. Taking a wild guess and other age factors and what not into it I'd say the majority of 18-30 year old males are playing it.

That guy I mentioned above has Gyan as his captain and Heurelho Gomes as his vice captain. They've contributed a total of 6 points to his campaign so far ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone think it's time to bring Silva back in?

• Advertisement

At the expense of who though? Only Valencia/Young would be worth it, the rest are on double GW's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement