Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

xtravision issue

Options
  • 04-11-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

hey ppl this could possibly be in the wrong place so feel free to move it.

basically i rented a game from xtravision,on Saturday evening got up this morning and let the 6 year old play some skylanders.... then the 3 year old got up and wanted to play, cue a massive tantrum when me and mum wouldn't let him play cut a long story short he threw the game into the fire! the game wasnt even played. i understand i will have to pay for the game, but i rented it because i didnt have the money to pay straight out, will they take weekly installments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

caspa307 wrote: »

basically i rented a game from xtravision,on Saturday evening got up this morning and let the 6 year old play some skylanders.... then the 3 year old got up and wanted to play, cue a massive tantrum when me and mum wouldn't let him play cut a long story short he threw the game into the fire! the game wasnt even played. i understand i will have to pay for the game, but i rented it because i didnt have the money to pay straight out, will they take weekly installments?

If you get some useful help in here il eat my hat... its defo the wrong place :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

you could do what everyone else does and just not visit xtravision again and in about a year theyll prob send you a letter offering debt forgiveness and asking you to rent from them again :)

the right thing to do of course is to contact them and discuss options. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

yeah i thought as much but im honestly not sure where else to put it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

caspa307 wrote: »

I'd say they'd be happy enough to arrange something like that for you. Just explain what happened to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Get a copy over on pirate bay.
    Problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

They will transfer the game off as a second hand copy on the system and ask you to pay for that. Not sure what the price will be but as its been moved to second hand it will be much cheaper than buying new. Just say it to a manager and they will help you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hack into their computer network and remove your account or burn the shop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Offer both the six year old and three year old up to work off the debt.
    Worse case scenario, they come back with missing hands which means they won't be throwing any games around anymore.
    So really, nothing bad can come of this.

Random wrote: »
    you could do what everyone else does and just not visit xtravision again and in about a year theyll prob send you a letter offering debt forgiveness and asking you to rent from them again :)

the right thing to do of course is to contact them and discuss options. ..

see my problem there is i trade in games regularly enough as im only living round the corner ,

but anyway that went well thanks for the advice let the pisstaking begin!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

• Advertisement

MadsL wrote: »

Well lure them into a giant bingo game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

If you have a Wii and you havent modded it then you should pay double for your stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Go back to the shop and complain that you found there was no disc in the case when you got home and demand compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Your house got broken into and they tied you up and made you eat the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Buy a game on the cheap, they will make you pay full price.

and to continue with the thread, buy some banana's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

It doesn't matter a damn about the game. The issue here is your brat of a son, you have FAILED as a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

MadsL wrote: »

Yes.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    If you have a Wii and you havent modded it then you should pay double for your stupidity.

nope ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

No idea if they still do this but in the past if I had a late fine Xtravision would offer me the choice of paying part of it or all of it, no harm in asking if they'll do it for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Put some random game in,go back and tell them that that's what you found.....that or try adverts.ie for a cheap version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Rent the same game from another Xtra-Vision, give that one to the original Xtra-Vision who you rented from. Then when the second one asks for their copy back rent from the original store.

Rinse and repeat until you die or Xtra-Vision go busto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Go into GameStop and buy a copy of the game and get that disc protection thing, go home and wait a day or two, take the burnt disc into them, tell them the story, they will offer you a replacement or a refund, take the refund, give xtravision back the new disc, all sorted for the cost of dis protection at GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Turn the 3 year old into the police station. Tough love is what is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

If he were still alive, Jim would have fixed it for your brats.:D sorry kiddies!

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Go into GameStop and buy a copy of the game and get that disc protection thing, go home and wait a day or two, take the burnt disc into them, tell them the story, they will offer you a replacement or a refund, take the refund, give xtravision back the new disc, all sorted for the cost of dis protection at GameStop.

hmm thats actually not a bad idea just gotta get the funds to buy the game

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Jim'll fix it!

If he were still alive, Jim would have fixed it for your brats.:D sorry kiddies!

in fairness its only the youngest that misbehaved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I think you need geothermal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

You need to buy a fireguard maybe xtravision can point you in the right direction...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Social Services will be hearing about this. Using your TV as a babysitting service is not acceptable. They also not have access to an open fire. Shame on you OP.

Only joking.

If you are really devious you could just put another game/dvd back in the box and go back to xtravision and say they gave you the wrong game. Make them apologise and give you some free stuff*

*Disclaimer: don't do this as it is fraud.

Advertisement