Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Abercrombie and ****ing Fitch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There's only one time I'd ever consider queuing for the opening of a new clothes shop, and that's if the O'Neill's Factory Store ever branches out down the country!

GAA county hoodies > A & F hoodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

lol at the obsession of Irish people with A&F "Wear this and you'll be like a real cool american kid off the OC".

ffs A&F in the US is low end quality clothes aimed at teenagers...somehow this is high fashion in Ireland. Hoodies are about $80 (60 Euro) in the US...no doubt they will sell them for 80+ Euro in Ireland and the idiots with no fashion sense will buy them.

Anybody who buys clothing with a big logo printed on it, screams "i don't know anything about style, i'm a lemming of advertising"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Everyone goes on about how comfortable their hoodies are but I've never ever bought an uncomfortable hoodie.

I've got a really comfortable one that I bought in H&M - it was 30 euro. What makes the A&F ones sooooo much better?

They provide you with the warm, comforting sensation of having lots and lots of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They provide you with the warm, comforting sensation that your parents have lots and lots of money.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really like their clothes, they're like an early warning signal for twats. See an Abercombie hoodie and you know that whoever is inside it is most likely someone you're not going to want to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Everyone goes on about how comfortable their hoodies are but I've never ever bought an uncomfortable hoodie.

I've got a really comfortable one that I bought in H&M - it was 30 euro. What makes the A&F ones sooooo much better?

Most of my hoodies are atleast 4 year old and they're all as comfortable as ever. Especially this quiksilver one which is really warm and super soft.

Never bought anything by abercrombie.
    They remind me of my days when I was doing the leaving cert and all the posh D4/South Dublin kids would wear Abercrombie tracks all the time. They just resembled posh knackers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I got an abercrombie hoodie as a pressie but I wouldn't shop in the place if it was my own money. The building really overshadows the douches waiting outside it imo. Those doors are class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They provide you with the warm, comforting sensation of having lots and lots of money.

This is a sensation I've never experienced. Tell me more....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

This is a sensation I've never experienced. Tell me more....

I've never experienced it directly, only hearing about it in the stories my mother used to tell around the ashes of the meagre fire, as we sat there shivering in our primark t-shirts and Dingo jeans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

They destroyed my life.

Was walking down Dame St with my girlfriend couple of months back and they had this giant poster of a shirtless man, all oiled up, must have been a hundred feet square in size, covering the whole building. Anyway, I felt intimidated by it but noticed my girlfriend was more than a little enamored and so had this rush of inadequacy come over me and I just innocently said: "Yeah, well your sister's got bigger tits".

She took it in a way I didn't intend and stormed off and then wouldn't return my calls. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I missed work and eventually got so far behind in the rent, the landlord turfed me out on the streets. Fcuk Aberfcukingcrombie and fitch.

Here's the two of us in happier times, down the right hand corner of pic:

http://tinyurl.com/Jacinta-and-me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Chucken wrote: »
    In November 2009, Abercrombie & Fitch was added to the "Sweatshop Hall of Shame 2010".

It must be roastin'........ shur look at the Jason Stackhouse wannabe in the doorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

it says A&F on them.

and how come no one has mentioned how much of a gimp you look walking around with clothes with massive logos on them, whether it's abercrombie, hollister, american eagle or whatever ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Hazys wrote: »
    lol at the obsession of Irish people with A&F "Wear this and you'll be like a real cool american kid off the OC".

ffs A&F in the US is low end quality clothes aimed at teenagers...somehow this is high fashion in Ireland. Hoodies are about $80 (60 Euro) in the US...no doubt they will sell them for 80+ Euro in Ireland and the idiots with no fashion sense will buy them.
    No it's not.

My sister worked in A&F in California and people used to go in and spend huge amounts of money at once inorder to stock up. It was mostly very wealthy people that would do this, obviously, and these stores mostly catered for them. Granted people would go in and buy a few things too, but it's still expensive. One thing though, it's definitely not seen as low end quality in the US.

I find the quality to be ver good and the clothes are durable and last.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wish i was a billionaire (why stop there?) and i had a teenage daughter who knew she was above that mentality. I would be so proud of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

pbowenroe wrote: »
    it says A&F on them.

and how come no one has mentioned how much of a gimp you look walking around with clothes with massive logos on them, whether it's abercrombie, hollister, american eagle or whatever ****e

That's what I suspect alright. Personally even when splashing out on expensive clothes I'm not insecure enough to have to have the clothes themselves announce via massive visible branding how much they cost.

People be crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

That's absolute bol*x.

A&F isn't half as popular in America as it is here and yes, the quality is poor.

The wealthy did not order huge stock from A&F lol such rubbish..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I love the way people earnestly claim thst the hoodies are " comfortable" as if they are X times more comfortable than a cheaper one.

AB said same thing already..

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

I don't think Abercrombie can really be taken seriously by anyone who is properly into fashion and looking stylish (at least classically so).

Mind you, if they have created jobs where other companies have not, who can argue with that and people can buy whatever clothes they like, even if myself and probably many others do not think they look particularly good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

pbowenroe wrote: »

I was given a lovely Lacoste shirt as a gift but wouldn't wear it cause of that naff logo, ended up ripping it off and then wearing it.

I don't mind some Logo's like the Hilfiger logo on a shirt is tiny and Ralph Polo boy also but there are some massive fcuking ones out there where people just look like knobs wearing.

Oh and if I see another Superdry jacket and I'll rip it off the owner and suffocate him with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I'm going to open a posh twat cafe around tbr corner from it. It will be staffed by tanned blonde girls in skinny jeans and tight tops. You have to be beautiful to get in and a coffee will be seven euro.

I shall call it Applecrumble & Fish!!

Opening day will have the aforementioned staff outside topless too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

1ZRed wrote: »
    No it's not.

My sister worked in A&F in California and people used to go in and spend huge amounts of money at once inorder to stock up. It was mostly very wealthy people that would do this, obviously, and these stores mostly catered for them. Granted people would go in and buy a few things too, but it's still expensive. One thing though, it's definitely not seen as low end quality in the US.

The only people who wear A&F in New York are tourists!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

It mainly women who you can see in the video, its just a fashion thing which lots of primarily women are into. Irish men are not that fashion conscious nor are Irish women into effeminate men. I think the attitude here on boards is simple, if people like a brand we must suddenly begrudge them and say things like I'd love to punch them in the face.

The exact same applies when you mention either Apple products or BMW cars, automatic reverse snobbery and a hatred of anybody expressing themselves individually or any outward showing of wealth.

Typical Irish attitude;

He/she is rich so they are a right C*** etc.
    He/she is poor, aren't they great

I've a good mind to buy some A&F clothing just to piss off the sort of begrudgers on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I'm going to open a posh twat cafe around tbr corner from it. It will be staffed by tanned blonde girls in skinny jeans and tight tops. You have to be beautiful to get in and a coffee will be seven euro.

I shall call it Applecrumble & Fish!!

Opening day will have the aforementioned staff outside topless too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

1ZRed wrote: »
    No it's not.

Ah yes it is.

In the US, its overpriced already at $80 a hoodie due to marketing. Anybody who's targeting their products to teenagers is generally not in the business of making high quality clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Its the new Burberry.

Edit: I recon the shop will be closed in 12-18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

frag420 wrote: »

I shall call it Applecrumble and Fish!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

frag420 wrote: »

I shall call it Applecrumble & Fish

Is the fish fresh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's the scent that they blow around the place that always annoyed me when I went into one in the States. Awful smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Oh and if I see another Superdry jacket and I'll rip it off the owner and suffocate him with it.

That is such a stupid brand. It fools people into thinking its some Japanese chic brand while they brand was started by a couple of blokes in an English town and all it has to do with Japan is some Japanese writing on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

I was given a lovely Lacoste shirt as a gift but wouldn't wear it cause of that naff logo, ended up ripping it off and then wearing it.

I don't mind some Logo's like the Hilfiger logo on a shirt is tiny and Ralph Polo boy also but there are some massive fcuking ones out there where people just look like knobs wearing.

i agree. if a logo is done discreetly i have no problem, but a&f etc. do it in such a gaudy manner

Advertisement