Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    So Creationists do change ... after all!!!!

Doctor Jimbob
    Could nearly say they evolve.
    Their scientific ideas certainly have evolved ... as new scientific evidence has been discovered by Creation Scientists.

dlofnep wrote: »
    So is the Bible completely accurate, and are all of it's teachings still true? In particular - Leviticus 25:44-46 (Slavery) and Exodus 21:7-11 (Child slavery).
    These laws certainly applied between the Israelites and their neighbours in Old Testament times ... but we now live in the time of God's mercy ... for anybody who asks for it.
    Jesus talked of many laws being a great burden on all of Humanity ...

He came to replace the requirements of these laws with mercy ... by fulfilling the legal compenstion required for sin.

Matthew 23:1-10
    King James Version (KJV)

1Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

J C wrote: »
    new scientific evidence has been discovered by Creation Scientists.
    Found the crocoduck at last?

robindch wrote: »
    Found the crocoduck at last?
    I'm very pleased for you ... do tell us more.:)

Never did see one myself ... but then the 'Crocoduck' is an Evolutionist invention ... so perhaps that's why we have never actually seen one.:)

... so you are right, to question yourself on this one!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Never did see one myself ... but then the 'Crocoduck' is an Evolutionist invention ... so perhaps that's why we have never actually seen one.:)

There you go being dishonest again. A great ambassador for Christianity!

The Crocoduck was a Creationist 'creation', which came about through a complete lack of understanding of evolution.

Stop lying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I couldn't be sure without trawling through most of this thread, but does anyone else get the feeling that the more real science we post, the more batsh*t crazy J C's posts get in response?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

dlofnep wrote:
    Why did God give the Kiwi useless wings?
    J C wrote:
    Probably because He thought that they looked better with wings.:D

Summarizes the thread pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Sarky wrote: »
    I couldn't be sure without trawling through most of this thread, but does anyone else get the feeling that the more real science we post, the more batsh*t crazy J C's posts get in response?

I don't really think you can get more bat**** crazy than the point he started from to be honest. It's more different varieties of the same level of bat**** craziness. Something might look more crazy the first time you read it, because it's new, but then you look over all of his posts and realise he was always this bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Galvasean wrote: »
    kiwi sh!t

There you go being dishonest again. A great ambassador for Christianity!

The Crocoduck was a Creationist 'creation', which came about through a complete lack of understanding of evolution.
    If Evolutionists didn't invent it ... they have certainly used it.
    While it may have been used initially by some Creation Evangelists, the Crocoduck has never been taken seriously by Creation Scientists ... and indeed it continues to be used by Evolutionists to scoff at real Creation Science claims.

Crocoduck1.jpg

Here we see Dr P Z Myers sporting a Crocoduck tie during a visit to the Creation Museum.

PZ_Myers_%281%29.jpg

• Advertisement

wrote:
    Originally Posted by Galvasean

dead one
    kiwi sh!t
    Evolutionists don't do irony, dead one - unless its at Creationists expense ... and they take their faith in material miracles very seriously indeed.:D

dead one wrote: »
    kiwi sh!t
    ... produced after millions of years of selected mistakes ... don't you know!!!!:):D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

J C, this question was probably asked of you at some stage during the thread, but I haven't quite read through all of it yet.

Can you tell me why I have an appendix?

God thinks you look better with one. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

well my appendix nearly killed me about 8 years ago! can't wait to hear how jc'll attribute that to the glory of god!

If Evolutionists didn't invent it ... they have certainly used it.

There you go lying again. The dishonesty train continues.

Evolutionists have never used is as an argument in support of Evolution. I challenge you to provide me evidence of an evolutionary biologist putting forward a Crocoduck as an example of evolution in action.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    well my appendix nearly killed me about 8 years ago! can't wait to hear how jc'll attribute that to the glory of god!
    Let me help:

Your appendix burst because Satan, Lord of the Dark Arts, Bearer of The Staff of Evil, Source of Everything Icky and Horrible, corrupted the DNA that flowed from Adam and Eve. This corruption caused a the problems with your appendix.

GodSatan did it.

... produced after millions of years of selected mistakes ... don't you know!!!!:):D:eek:
    Jc, Evolutionists can't explain sh!t. ;)

Jc, Evolutionists can't explain sh!t. ;)

Except the 500+ pages in this thread where we've explained a wide variety of things, backed up by scientific evidence. I'll take my scientific books, over a book that promotes child rape (Quran) any day of the week.

I suspect it's a defence mechanism that shoots out of the mouth when an incorrect person's claims are proven time and again to be rubbish.

Personally, I think it's a bit of an evolutionary dead end.

• Advertisement

Except the 500+ pages in this thread where we've explained a wide variety of things, backed up by scientific evidence. I'll take my scientific books, over a book that promotes child rape (Quran) any day of the week.
    i like it, the evolution of anger in your genes, that's why you can't explain sh!t ;)

9601.gif

Oh J C, I noticed you edited a post again about half an hour after it was made, after a dozen or so posts had moved the whole thread on. It's a pretty big edit, and didn't include the massive wall of text before.

You wouldn't be attempting to retcon in an attempt to claim nobody addresses your claims now, would you? Holy spirit inspiring you to lie, perhaps? Have you checked recently to make sure it's not Satan whispering in your ear? With the kind of arrogance and ignorance you display on a daily basis, I'd say it would be pretty easy for him to replace what you thought was the voice of truth.

Not that we haven't answered all your claims so far. It's really easy when all you post is horsesh*t.

i like it, the evolution of anger in your genes, that's why you can't explain sh!t ;)

9601.gif

Do I have to repeat myself? We've spent 500 pages explaining a vast array of topics. You've obviously ignored it, because your Quran does not permit you to studying reality.

robindch wrote: »
    JC's posts, on the other hand, haven't changed in the slightest. What I believe is his/her first one was seven years and four days ago, here, and other than the evolution of the trivially discreditable IFSC nonsense, I don't see any evidence of JC having learned a thing.

Blimey, ok I was wrong, J C's posts have always been batsh*t crazy.

It's actually kind of impressive though, in a twisted way, how consistent he's has been for 7 years. Consistently wrong and totally incapable of learning from his glaring mistakes, but consistent nonetheless.

Sarky wrote: »
    You should try posting some real science that supports M2M Evolution ... rather than just talking about doing so.

1. There is no such evidence.

2. That's because m2m evolution is a bullsh*t term you invented in a feeble attempt to look clever.

You should try posting some real science that supports M2M Evolution ... rather than just talking about doing so.

M2M Evolution is a term you came up with. So why don't you come up with evidence for it, since you created the term?

Teg Veece wrote: »
    J C, this question was probably asked of you at some stage during the thread, but I haven't quite read through all of it yet.

Can you tell me why I have an appendix?
    There once were over 100 so-called vestigial organs that were supposed to be 'left-overs' from Evolution with no function - but practically all are now know to have useful functions.
    The Appendix is now thought to have a role in protecting and producing 'good' gut bacteria ... and this role is especially important in vulnerable babies and young children
    http://www.physorg.com/news110864235.html

... and here is further news of 'evolution' going around in circles ... and ending up back where it started ... which isn't what is required to support the idea the Microbes evolved into Man.
    http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-02-evolutionary.html

There you go lying again. The dishonesty train continues.

Evolutionists have never used is as an argument in support of Evolution. I challenge you to provide me evidence of an evolutionary biologist putting forward a Crocoduck as an example of evolution in action.
    There you go lying about me again ... the point I made was that Evolutionists have used the Crocoduck to scoff at real objections to Evolution by Creation Scientists.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

There once were over 100 so-called vestigial organs that were supposed to be 'left-overs' from Evolution with no function - but practically all are now know to have useful functions.
    The Appendix is now thought to have a role in protecting and producing 'good' gut bacteria ... and this role is especially important in vulnerable babies and young children
    http://www.physorg.com/news110864235.html

... and here is further news of 'evolution' going around in circles ... and ending up back where it started ... which isn't what is required to support the idea the Microbes evolved into Man.
    http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-02-evolutionary.html

thanks for the interesting article about moths and evolution. Not sure why you poted something that doesn't help your argument though.

If you can read this, you're too close!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement