Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

DB21 wrote: »
    This is bollocks. Can't sleep now because I spent the day sleeping to shake off the mother of all migraines :mad:

You need Dreamy Sleepy Nightie Snoozy Snooze, an "alcoholic chocolate sleeping aid" which is in banned most European countries, "so that means it's very good":D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Since I can't understand a lot of Dutch yet, I've resorted to watching National Geographic to get my English tv fix. However I have now watched so much "Dog Whisperer" that I feel like I am Cesar Millan.

This isn't good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Since I can't understand a lot of Dutch yet, I've resorted to watching National Geographic to get my English tv fix. However I have now watched so much "Dog Whisperer" that I feel like I am Cesar Millan.

This isn't good :(

Dutch? I thought you moved to Belgium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Sauve wrote: »
    Dutch? I thought you moved to Belgium?

Yep I did. Dutch is spoken in some areas, French in others, Flemish in others. Lot of the tv programmes are in Dutch it seems.

Got a problem with a dog? Holla! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Stupid f****g back pain. I can't believe I hurt my back jumping out of bed yesterday morning because of a malfunctioning fire alarm in the apartment complex. Where I live they have the alarms in the bedrooms and the ringer is about a foot and a half from the end of the bed. It's incredibly loud and it scared the life out of me when it went off.

Mega annoyed :mad:

• Advertisement

Yep I did. Dutch is spoken in some areas, French in others, Flemish in others. Lot of the tv programmes are in Dutch it seems.

I did not know that! Wow.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

awec wrote: »
    Morning all! Another cracking day here

Yeah it looks pretty decent all right, or so it appears as I am gazing out from my office windows. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Afternoon all!

Woozy, dizzy, headachey, tired...... Why does his happen when the sun comes out!? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

So how was everyone's long weekend?

Pretty "meh", to be honest.

Yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I is here out wesht and I was vundering how to survive without internet for 3 weeks - seriously, I'm like some kind of junkie. :o

But I DO have internet! I may be over half an hour from anything that's not in a sheep format but you lot are not getting rid of me that easily. :pac:

-scoots off to check the book of face.-

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

So, I am off to Malawi to lecture in July. Excited, scared, nervous, can't believe I got the job!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I is here out wesht and I was vundering how to survive without internet for 3 weeks - seriously, I'm like some kind of junkie. :o

But I DO have internet! I may be over half an hour from anything that's not in a sheep format but you lot are not getting rid of me that easily. :pac:

-scoots off to check the book of face.-

3 weeks!? :eek: I don't think I could survive that!
    Pretty meh. Didn't do anything worthwhile.

My skin is all peeling from my sunburn. I'm like a snake. :(

Really? One might say your complexion is a-wecked.

I'll go ahead and let myself out. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Finally back online. Taking a 3 day break from the net was awesome. :D

Ah well done Daisies, that's amazing!!
    When do you leave?

Btw- there is plenty of internet in the west of Ireland guys!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Sauve wrote: »
    Ah well done Daisies, that's amazing!!
    When do you leave?

Btw- there is plenty of internet in the west of Ireland guys!

Not sure, have to get back to them. Gonna have a chat with the family but I'm thinking the middle of July. Eeeekkk

• Advertisement

Nice one Daisies, how long are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Any suggestions for a new tv series for me to watch? :)

Novella wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a new tv series for me to watch? :)

Smallville
    Entourage
    The West Wing
    The IT Crowd
    The US Office

G-Money wrote: »
    Nice one Daisies, how long are you going for?

A year at least but ideally they want someone a little more long term. So we'll see how the year goes first!

Smallville
    Entourage
    The West Wing
    The IT Crowd
    The US Office

Wow, thanks! Fast reply and lots of suggestions! :)

Wow, thanks! Fast reply and lots of suggestions! :)

You're welcome missy! :)

Do you ever just feel like hitting the reset button on your life? I get like that quite frequently, where I feel I just need to start over fresh and change everything.

You're welcome missy! :)

I'm thinking of going with The IT Crowd, sounds like I'd like it. I'm that awful person who has never seen anything :( When strangers try to make polite tv conversation with me, it's always really awkward 'cause all I have is, "No, I've never seen it, sorry" :o And it isn't even that I dislike tv, I just never get around to watching stuff.

I'm thinking of going with The IT Crowd, sounds like I'd like it. I'm that awful person who has never seen anything :( When strangers try to make polite tv conversation with me, it's always really awkward 'cause all I have is, "No, I've never seen it, sorry" :o And it isn't even that I dislike tv, I just never get around to watching stuff.

I didn't discover it until a few months ago. I watched the first episode and I was a bit "meh" for the first few minutes but I stuck with it and it got better.

• Advertisement

Do you ever just feel like hitting the reset button on your life? I get like that quite frequently, where I feel I just need to start over fresh and change everything.

I feel like this quite a bit actually. What would you like to change the most?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement