Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fage 0% Greek Yogurt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Not sure how much it helps but Aldi do a 0% fat yoghurt - but its in a big tub.

Its quite nice though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 PatrickMac

Doubt that ALdi 0% fat stuff is the same. The Fage yoghurt has no added sugar as far as I remember which is hards to find. Its a Greek yoghurt, its really just protein with minimal carbs and fat. Its great stuff, got it in Tesco's in Sallynoggin a few times. If Tescos dont do it anymore than I'm not sure. I used to mix a bit of chocolate mint protein into one... delicious.. and pretty much just protein, so that and a bowl of green beans and some benecol spread... low carb to promote fat burning.. amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I actually emailed Tesco about this and they said there were no plans to stock this stuff anytime soon in the Rathmines and Dundrum branches at least :( it's a shame, it's absolutely gorgeous. I just got back from a trip to the USA and I ate it every day while I was there!

Aldi do a low fat greek yogurt now but my local Aldi hasn't had any of their greek yogurts for a while so I haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I've been looking for Fage yoghurt for a while now and I've yet to come across it. Dunne Stores have a very cheap, €0.55 per 500g pot, natural yoghurt that I've been using but it's not as protein rich as Fage. I really wish stores started stocking Fage and not all those greek style yoghurts which are just plain crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JanLee

Just found Fage 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt in Donnybrook Fair, Upper Baggot Street last night (just inside the door). Delighted as couldn't find proper greek yoghurt anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

JC's in Swords do it. They have 150g pots and 500g pots. They also do Fage 2% as well.

Picked up a 500g tub in Donnybrook Fair this evening. It's good stuff, but at €5.79 for 500g it'll probably be a treat rather than a regular purchase :D lovely to have it again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭doh777

What's the Lidl one like? Eridanous is the brand I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

must get a tub in donny brook fair does anyone know if it can be got cheaper preferably in south dublin cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

The ne from lidl and similar from Aldi is Greek style yogurt, not the same :( still really nice tough .... Telcos did it in 2010 for a bit but then stopped :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

whats the one in lidl like for protein content?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

I can get it in in a local supermarket here in Waterford not much help to those further away . Love this Greek yogurt . Ardkeen stores in Waterford stock it .

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

here is a nice alternative:

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=263279843

[Removed Image]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The ne from lidl and similar from Aldi is Greek style yogurt, not the same :( still really nice tough .... Telcos did it in 2010 for a bit but then stopped :/

I'm starting to think that I've never actually had greek yogurt. Just checked all the brands I've had and they are greek style.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'm starting to think that I've never actually had greek yogurt. Just checked all the brands I've had and they are greek style.

Is it not made the same but just made outside Greece?

I think the Lidl Greek Style Yogurt has cream mixed into it to give it a similar taste/texture to greek yogurt, whereas Fage is just strained yogurt, which apparently is what actual Greek Yogurt should be. I'll need to find a container of the Lidl one to double check. Some of the low fat ones from other brands have gelatin in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I used to get this, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available in Ireland any more. It's still widely available in the UK.

It's a great product - fantastic protein / low sugars for dairy. Low calorie gram for gram. Mixed with a bit of artificial sweetener it tastes great. Wish I could find it...

I decided to shoot their customer service an email just to see if they had any plans to sell it in Ireland. Not too promising unfortunately!
    Thank you for contacting us.

Currently I am afraid TOTAL Greek Yoghurt is not available to buy in Ireland through any mainstream retailers.

Earlier on last year the product was available at Tesco but has since been de-listed. You may also see it in independent stores as it has been sold from wholesalers. Unfortunately we cannot track these distributers as the distribution chains can be quite long. In addition, no mainstream retailers are looking to stock our products at present. We are very keen to sell in Ireland though as we have many fans there and it is something we are always looking into.

Please continue to visit our website for any news on where and when you can buy TOTAL in Ireland.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

It's a shame, "Greek Style" yogurt is so popular at the moment and yet it's hard to find a product that ticks all the boxes like the Fage yogurts do. Most of the Glensk/Danone type stuff available is overly sweet, flavoured muck with weird ingredients, and while the Aldi/Lidl plain ones are nice, they're still a bit too high in fat and calories to be anything more than a treat for me, personally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Hey guys :) This will probably be of no use to ye given the location but Fage 0% Greek Yogurt is in both of my local supermarkets (college locality and home locality) Joyce's of Knocknacarra and Joyce's of Tuam (Both Galway) €5.28ish per KG?! I'll double check later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I just popped over to Joyce's in Knocknacarra and yeh they do stock it.

I'll be up in Dublin over xmass and can bring some up if anyone desperately wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patravers

I just popped over to Joyce's in Knocknacarra and yeh they do stock it.

I'll be up in Dublin over xmass and can bring some up if anyone desperately wants it.

Does anyone know any independent retailers in kildare or laois area that stock fage. I get it in asda when up home but cannot get it here... HELP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Tesco have started to do a proper Greek yoghurt in their Finest range (not fat free), it's really good :)

Dolbert wrote: »
    Tesco have started to do a proper Greek yoghurt in their Finest range (not fat free), it's really good :)
    What tesco have you seen this in? Is this new? Ill check my local tesco

It's definitely new, I've only seen it in my local Tesco in the last week or so (Maynooth)

It's definitely new, I've only seen it in my local Tesco in the last week or so (Maynooth)
    I've just been told that tesco have discontinued it in the Republic of Ireland due to poor sales

FFS! Well it was nice while it lasted, better pop in tonight and get the last of them *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

patravers wrote: »
    I've just been told that tesco have discontinued it in the Republic of Ireland due to poor sales

Maybe because nobody's been able to find it! I haven't seen it on the shelves at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

got some in Dundrum last Sat

Very annoying, everyone I know is on the Greek Yogurt bandwagon at the moment because of the supposed high protein/low sugar/health benefits/etc.- but they all seem to be eating the Glensk/Danone "Greek style" stuff while the real thing is difficult to find or discontinued due to lack of sales :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Gauge wrote: »
    Very annoying, everyone I know is on the Greek Yogurt bandwagon at the moment because of the supposed high protein/low sugar/health benefits/etc.- but they all seem to be eating the Glensk/Danone "Greek style" stuff while the real thing is difficult to find or discontinued due to lack of sales :(

Do you live in Dublin?

If so there is a few places that stock it here.
    I'm lucky to have a store near me that stocks REAL Greek yogurt(fage total) frequently.

Advertisement