Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantis Apartments and Amhra House

• 05-07-2010 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ Addilyn Angry Strikeout

Ive heard plent about gort na coiribe and dunaras and corrib village but I found these on google...
    Just wondering if anybody has rented in them and what are they like?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Stay away from Amhra House!

Plenty of horror stories on an old thread here (too bad it's gone - mods?). I also had two friends living there, one of whom moved out.

Pros:
    • Close to town/college
    Complaints I've heard:
    • Mould everywhere
    • No hot water all year
    • No heat
    • Landlord appears to be an award winning pr*ck - gave tenants the wrong contact number, refused to give other tenants their deposit back for "losing" an iron that never existed in the first place.
    • Apartments are tiny, uncomfortable.
    • Fire alarms going off constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Atlantis apts are a good bit away from the college. it says 5-10 min walk but it's more like +25min. it's also in a bit of a dodgy area around Rahoon, Westside.
    http://www.atlantisapartmentsgalway.com/index.php?id=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ Addilyn Angry Strikeout

Thanks dudes.. Might stick to the more well known ones so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

lived in Amhra last year. It is a diiiive. But you cant beat the location. Myself and a load of my friends that lived there last year are going back. no security so its handy for people staying ect aswell.

Advertisement