Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Siggy ain't coming on by the looks of things :(

Ah, didn't realise you only had three defenders so Bruce is your autosub.

Since we both have Terry and Fabregas it looks like I need Costa to score to steal the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dónal wrote: »
    But not this time! Congrats on the first win.

I'll see you in GW19 for the rematch. I wonder what our squads will look like then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Ramsey moves Monkey Business back into the lead. Both have three Chelsea left so it's down to Coutinho to save the tie for me.

So I'm basically screwed....

Thanks for that Couts old buddy.

Unless John Terry scores an OG and gets sent of I shall start the season pointless.

Third lowest score of the gang so far. Early favourite for the drop I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Sterling just got me off to a wining start as we both have fab and costa remaining.

Congrats, good win. Had to make a call between Sterling and Coutinho and obviously chose the wrong one!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reckon I'll finish first week bottom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

CSF wrote: »
    Reckon I'll finish first week bottom

I guess that would mean that i would finish top :)

I always say though that's it's a marathon not a sprint so anything could happen yet.

zarquon wrote: »
    I guess that would mean that i would finish top :)

I always say though that's it's a marathon not a sprint so anything could happen yet.

Unfortunately it doesn't mean that!!! Yeah my season starts next week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Updated to reflect team names/usernames so you can check this post each week and know who you are playing.

Good Willian Hunting (Science Nerd) v Gwan Da Deise (Sooner Or Later)
    Mayo Maulers (zarquon) v Los Pollos Hermanos (csf)
    Journeymen (Boots234) v Ingscanonlygetbetter (Iused2likebusts)
    Cesc Cauldron (Donal) v Cavan Commandos (Lemlin)
    Evil Gus Parkers XI (swiper the fox) v IDontKnowWhatImDoing (irish son)
    Sporting Bite-marks (Dearg81) v The Bottlers (Iago)
    Mr Bojan-goals (roryc) v Leeds the way (ronan.h)
    Erzgebirge Scrooge (Jeju) v Syria Ah (dathijjj)
    Monkey Business (iroced) v FriendsInLoewPlaces (fhfc)
    Thunderdog (thunderdog) v GillespieRoad (Gillespie Road!)

Wins for sooner or later, zarquon, busts,lemlin, irish son, iago, rory c , jeju, iroced and gillispie road.

Gw 2 fixtures
    Zarquon v busts
    CSf v Science nerd
    sooner or later v thunderdog
    gillispie road v iroced
    FHfc v jeju
    dathijj v rory c
    ronan h v dearg 81
    Iago v swiper
    Irish son v donal
    Lemlin v Boots 234

Any draws in week one?

Any draws in week one?
    No draws this week.

• Advertisement

No draws this week.

Probably a good sign that we don't all have exactly the same teams!

Probably a good sign that we don't all have exactly the same teams!

Not true, i have noted that Rory has the exact same team as me apart from Isgrove. He scored higher though due to not benching sig. Even with similiar teams benching and captaincy will be a differentiator so i imagine draws will be very rare. I could be wrong though as i have never done H2H leagues before.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Was touch and go for a while last night against Syria Ah (dathijjj) but thanks to a BP from Costa got my season off to an expected but nervous start.
    Watch out for Syria Ah though, serious title contenders and will be there or there abouts in the run in.
    Next for my Erzgebirge Scrooge is FriendsInLoewPlaces (fhfc), who will be hurting I'm sure form this weeks loss but will probably be in the hunt come prize giving time.

Jeju wrote: »
    Was touch and go for a while last night against Syria Ah (dathijjj) but thanks to a BP from Costa got my season off to an expected but nervous start.
    Watch out for Syria Ah though, serious title contenders and will be there or there abouts in the run in.
    Next for my Erzgebirge Scrooge is FriendsInLoewPlaces (fhfc), who will be hurting I'm sure form this weeks loss but will probably be in the hunt come prize giving time.

Sore to only lose by 2 points.

No gonna lie, the lads are gutted there in the dressing room and in the mood for punishing somebody! :)

FHFC wrote: »
    Sore to only lose by 2 points.

No gonna lie, the lads are gutted there in the dressing room and in the mood for punishing somebody! :)

I would hate if you became known for specializing in training losers.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Whats the craic with points hits in these head to head leagues? Would they take 4 points away from your score if you make 2 transfers this week. I'm not actually planning on doing it this week but I'm sure I will sooner or later.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Whats the craic with points hits in these head to head leagues? Would they take 4 points away from your score if you make 2 transfers this week. I'm not actually planning on doing it this week but I'm sure I will sooner or later.

Yeah they will

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Top of the Premier League. Long may it continue.

roryc wrote: »
    Top of the Premier League. Long may it continue.

You must be the clear favorite now, much rather be the underdog myself.

Jeju wrote: »
    You must be the clear favorite now, much rather be the underdog myself.

One game is a bit much to declare a "clear favourite". It is a bit like celebrating someone for leading at the first 1km point of a marathon :eek:

• Advertisement

When is the first Lemlin Roryc match?

When is the first Lemlin Roryc match?

gw 6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm second from bottom (thanks to los pollos hermanos:o) so i'm putting week 1 behind me, it's a marathon blah, blah, blah.
    Playing Iago this week coming, he's done a lot better this week but hopefully i'll get the win, wouldn't like to be on 0 points after two weeks.

I'm second from bottom (thanks to los pollos hermanos:o) so i'm putting week 1 behind me, it's a marathon blah, blah, blah.
    Playing Iago this week coming, he's done a lot better this week but hopefully i'll get the win, wouldn't like to be on 0 points after two weeks.

You're welcome.

CSF wrote: »
    You're welcome.

Thank you both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I wonder what the equivalent of the proverbial 40 points = safety will be in this league? There will be a lot less draws in this so the target would presumably be higher. 50 maybe even 60 points?

Was thinking that myself it certainly won't be 60 pts as that's 20 wins. 14 wins 42 pts maybe.

Pffff safety.

attachment.php?attachmentid=61143

Being first would be nice but i'd rather win the paid H2H :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I didn't enter the paid H2H as it's too distracting. This league is good for a bit of fun but it won't have any affect on my transfers or captain. I learned from previous seasons once you start changing your team to beat each new rival it will negatively affect your overall score as you start playing week to week instead of looking ahead.

I'm up against Syria Ah in this weeks PL H2H - he has no Costa!

Advertisement