Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options
  • 17-07-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd do the honours on starting the usual chat thread we have. All general Fantasy Premier League discussion goes here. Have at it folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

redknapp mentioned on SSN that he plans to play with 3 cbs this year will make their full backs decent options if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm just glad we don't need to put up with that McDonalds shite for another few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Any FPL podcasts worth listening to? Started doing some running and thinking I could double up my run time and (some of) my obsessing about FPL time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Any FPL podcasts worth listening to? Started doing some running and thinking I could double up my run time and (some of) my obsessing about FPL time.

Welcome to the FSA running club. Myself and FutureGuy are already members.

Debuchy move finally official

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140717/arsenal-complete-mathieu-debuchy-signing

I can't see Khedira coming. Wages are too high. Schnederlin (sp?) is more likely.

Saints really have been ripped apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I do think Debuchy is very good value as a first choice player in a side who should be there or thereabouts on the clean sheet table come the end of the season, but Arsenal's fixtures are very difficult to start. I can't see them keeping too many clean sheets from PAL, eve, leic, MCI, villa, TOT, chel. Their fixtures pick up big time from mid-October, but it's a tough start with Everton and Chelsea away and City and Spurs at home in the first seven weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

We also need to see how losing Sagna and only getting Mertesacker back in training around August 10 affects the cleanies (I'm a Gooner)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Scout Cast.

There's demand for more FPL is really taking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Wenger hints at Sanchez wide role (initially)

I think he'll get plenty of goals and assists from our wing though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Wenger hints at Sanchez wide role (initially)

I think he'll get plenty of goals and assists from our wing though

I presume that would mean Giroud playing? Could be a good option at 8.5m. He might not be the greatest player ever, but he's got some cracking players behind him: Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott, Ramsey and now Sanchez.

Of course, Sanchez and Giroud might be an Arsenal overload.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Yaya's expensive but worth it if he stays? So many midfield options.

Hard to know where Fabregas will play, whether Fatntasy Football wise, he'll be worth the investment.

I think Sanchez is a must. As is Terry :eek: He'll play every game.

People appear to be leaning mor etowards Rooney than RVP, I know RVP's injured but would he not be VanGaal's main man?

Also people mentioning Dzeko a lot, City have 4 forwards, arguably all have a chance of starting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Hard to know where Fabregas will play, whether Fatntasy Football wise, he'll be worth the investment.

People appear to be leaning mor etowards Rooney than RVP, I know RVP's injured but would he not be VanGaal's main man?

Also people mentioning Dzeko a lot, City have 4 forwards, arguably all have a chance of starting

I''d say people are considering Dzeko, as Aguero is injured pretty regularly, Negredo really didn't impress at all last season, and Jovetic didn't get much game time.

11.5 to spend on two defenders. Would you go for shaw+jagielka (or another 5.5 Def like sagna) or terry and a 5.0 like Clyne or Dawson? Other defs are debuchy ward and upson.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hope you're enjoying the running dude.

As for recommendations, just the FFS scoutcast. Just FFS for anything fantasy related to be honest. Nothing comes close to them, and I'm going to be reading the exclusively from now on.

having said that, I haven't even looked at the game yet. I'm going to kick back and wait until the week before the start of the season before selecting an initial team. It's a massive change from 2 years ago when I was checking the site 2-3 times a day to see if the new season had started!

Would anyone recommend membership on FF Scout? Is it a big advantage and/or worth the little over a tenner it costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

redknapp mentioned on SSN that he plans to play with 3 cbs this year will make their full backs decent options if true.

Looks like they've had a bid accepted for Caulker now. I wonder who their first choice full backs will be?

Dietsquirt wrote: »

RVP isn't injured. Just given a three week rest after the WC. I am going to stick with him. He'll still be back two weeks before the season starts.

He didn't play much last season so tiredness isn't really an issue IMO plus he'll be the main man for van Gaal who will want to hit the ground running. Some of the media even think he'll be the new captain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Paully D wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend membership on FF Scout? Is it a big advantage and/or worth the little over a tenner it costs?

Without a doubt. There are a ton of analytical tools available.

Looks like they've had a bid accepted for Caulker now. I wonder who their first choice full backs will be?
    hard to tell looking at their squad list Id imagine they will sign atleast one full back. They had assou ekotu on loan last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hope you're enjoying the running dude.

As for recommendations, just the FFS scoutcast. Just FFS for anything fantasy related to be honest. Nothing comes close to them, and I'm going to be reading the exclusively from now on.

having said that, I haven't even looked at the game yet. I'm going to kick back and wait until the week before the start of the season before selecting an initial team. It's a massive change from 2 years ago when I was checking the site 2-3 times a day to see if the new season had started!

Cheers, just started and hoping to get to a 5k of some sort next month.

Back on topic, I agree there is no other site in the league of FFS. I did membership this year and it looks good so far. The only other one I'd still look at regularly is www.fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk. Its articles are basic enough but readable and give a good point of view sometimes. Really helped me picking my team last year as a novice, before I found FSA, and found it worth following ever since.

TotalFPL's articles can be ok too, their ESBO can be a help in making a decision on starter or captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Not that there's much interest in him, but I see Demba Ba is gone to Besiktas.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9386332/transfer-news-besiktas-sign-demba-ba-from-chelsea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Quick question with regards the official FPL app. Bought it last year through the app store (my first year playing) and I'm just wondering if this app updates year to year or is there a new one brought out every year? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Quick question with regards the official FPL app. Bought it last year through the app store (my first year playing) and I'm just wondering if this app updates year to year or is there a new one brought out every year? Thanks in advance.

As far as I know they have a new one every year.

Cheers mate.

It actually worked out at just over €16, but when I looked at the video preview I felt I'd get a lot of use out of the statistics besides just Fantasy Football reasons as I'm aiming to start doing a bit of writing towards the end of the year, so I'll definitely get value from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Paully D wrote: »

Agree 100%. Lots of good stuff, plus its a small contribution back to what is a great site and has been for a long time now

KevIRL wrote: »
    Agree 100%. Lots of good stuff, plus its a small contribution back to what is a great site and has been for a long time now

just signed up to it today for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is then an FSA.ie league set up? Think there was one last year. Can't find it this year. (Not the championship one)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

howdy everyone, hope you all enjoyed your summer.

I enjoyed those few weeks off from fantasy football (i decided against entering a team in that shambles of a world cup fantasy set up)
    Loved watching the world cup without the usual FF, i wasn't getting wound up that the Iran manager took a player off 2 minutes before the 60 minute mark:D

Just picked a very rough team to enter my team into the FSA championship and don't plan to really revist the FPL site or here much until a week or two before the kick off but i said the same last year before changing my team about 5 teams a day for the next month so we'll see how the stay away goes.

14 million for Fabio Borini. What the **** is going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    14 million for Fabio Borini. What the **** is going on?

Borini out and Remy in with £6 million in change is unbelievable.

Advertisement