Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Chambers can also play central defence and did so often earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Roonbox wrote: »
    To keep Remy for the DGW or not?

Just heard on match of the day that Costa's in contention for the arsenal game...

I'm getting rid of remy as I'm not taking anymore chances with Chelsea forwards until Costa's back up and running 100 per cent. id rather have a cert dgw striker than gamble with Remy again and get burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Currently have Hazard, Fabregas, Terry and Schlupp with a DGW. I have 2 FT and I'll likely bring Henderson in for Mane. Then I need to weigh up Skrtel for Bellerin or Sterling/Coutinho for Eriksen, or both of those for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Eriksen out, Hendo In

Might bring in another player for a -4, but will already have 6 double game weekers with that one, so that's probably enough

Yep, think I may do Mig in for Myhill for 7 double gameweekers

Plus Mig has a good set of fixtures on the run in. With Kelvin Davis as my other keeper, he could potentially Sub in for Mig on Gameweek 36 with Liverpool play Chelsea and Southampton play Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Eriksen out for sterling and Bertrand out for terry.

Should be happy with that.

Have Moreno, hazard, terry, sterling and possibly remy with the doubles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

2FTs so will definately bring Mignolet and Sterling/Hendo in for Foster and Mane.

Am p*ssed off with both Eriksen and Mane (they've both been useless in the last few weeks). Will see how Eriksen goes, but I'll more than likely also bring in another Liverpool mid for Eriksen, for -4. That will give me 3 x Chelsea (one is Remy) and 3 x Liverpool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

WC team picked. 9 dgw alongside Aguero and Silva (if they play Aguero up top by himself today). Arsenal and Sunderland player on bench for gw37. Transfer plan laid out for next 3 weeks.

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

"Skrtel and Fabregas" or "Azpilicueta and Sterling" for the dgw...
    Anyone have any ideas on that?
    Have Migs, Henderson, Hazard and Terry anyway.

Kind of leaning towards the latter as I have a feeling Sterling will get a higher score than Fab and I'd trust Chelsea defence more than the pools.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FutureGuy wrote: »
    WC team picked. 9 dgw alongside Aguero and Silva (if they play Aguero up top by himself today). Arsenal and Sunderland player on bench for gw37. Transfer plan laid out for next 3 weeks.

Sorted.

Kane on bench or sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

FutureGuy wrote: »

Sorted.

Have you gone with 3 from Pool / Chelsea / Leicester?

Have my wildcard to activate too but don't know if I want that many Leicester players in my team for the remaining GWs

Thinking:
    - Terry, Hazard & Fabregas
    - Sterling, Moreno & Henderson
    - Schlupp and maybe Ulloa/Vardy

Can't see a logical 9th unless I do Schmeichel but do I want 2 Leicester defenders?

Decisions, Decisions

Wonder will people take a punt on Sturridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭Invincible

lassykk wrote: »
    Have you gone with 3 from Pool / Chelsea / Leicester?

Have my wildcard to activate too but don't know if I want that many Leicester players in my team for the remaining GWs

Thinking:
    - Terry, Hazard & Fabregas
    - Sterling, Moreno & Henderson
    - Schlupp and maybe Ulloa/Vardy

Can't see a logical 9th unless I do Schmeichel but do I want 2 Leicester defenders?

Decisions, Decisions

Wonder will people take a punt on Sturridge

How about Cambiasso as your third Leicester player, in good form lately, free kick duties, maybe penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

looking at their form , amount of home games and the fact they have something to play for till the death I'm increasingly tempted to get a 3rd foxes player in!
    would be for a hit ..........have schlupp and cambiasso
    so its either double up on defence with schmeichel (which scares me ) as I only have my hill playing anyway and his fixtures are poison OR vardy in for Kane .
    what ye think?
    Kane is being benched next week if I keep him no matter what he does today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Seeing people with 9 players for the DGW has me a bit worried. Those of you who are jumping in with two feet, how are you planning on getting these players out, or are you going to be keeping them for the rest of the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think captaincy is a huge question this week. Even though there's a DGW, none of the DGW players are actually that enticing!

CHEL: Arsenal (a), Leicester (a)
    LIV: West Brom (a), Hull (a)
    LEIC: Burnley (a), Chelsea (h)
    HULL: Palace (a), Liverpool (h)

Because you've also got these lads:

Aguero: Villa (h)
    Murray/Palace players: Hull (h)

I'll probably just go Hazard in the end but it's an interesting question.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

AdMMM wrote: »
    Seeing people with 9 players for the DGW has me a bit worried. Those of you who are jumping in with two feet, how are you planning on getting these players out, or are you going to be keeping them for the rest of the season?

I've got 9 (although one if Nugent) plus Aguero and Kane it makes it a lot easier with Chelsea and Liverpool playing CPL and QPR after the DGW so no immediate rush to get them out after that the plan is Sterling & Sout > two Arsenal mids when Liverpool go to Chelsea and Arsenal are at home Swansea so it all fits together nicely. Leicester players are easy bench fodder while they stay in.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I think captaincy is a huge question this week. Even though there's a DGW, none of the DGW players are actually that enticing!

If it was a regular GW and Hazard was away to Leicester he would be right up there on the poll fact he has another game is just a bonus even if it is Arsenal away. He would probably be the only only one significantly ahead of Aguero I would think Sturridge too if we knew he would get the minutes possibly.

jimmii wrote: »
    I've got 9 (although one if Nugent) plus Aguero and Kane it makes it a lot easier with Chelsea and Liverpool playing CPL and QPR after the DGW so no immediate rush to get them out after that the plan is Sterling & Sout > two Arsenal mids when Liverpool go to Chelsea and Arsenal are at home Swansea so it all fits together nicely. Leicester players are easy bench fodder while they stay in.

Leicester have newcastle at home gw 35 so that's a great fixture for them also.

Leicester have newcastle at home gw 35 so that's a great fixture for them also.

Yeh they are going to do there bit when needed. Actually looking at it now I'll probably have to start them a few times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was eyeing up the team in my target spot in the pay league (which I now realise is probably yours) this morning, saw you had one less player than me today and thought "oh yeah!"

Then I saw the 9 (at least) DGWers and thought "oh f****ck". :D You're set up very nicely indeed.

I was eyeing up the team in my target spot in the pay league (which I now realise is probably yours) this morning, saw you had one less player than me today and thought "oh yeah!"

Then I saw the 9 (at least) DGWers and thought "oh f****ck". :D You're set up very nicely indeed.

Yeh with only two today i'm 90% to drop tonight but set up well next week and going forward. Nice to have a reasonable day yesterday after last weeks disaster! Handy to be able to WC a week before the DGW to get an extra transfer for GW37. I'll have 5 for that week too.

I'm Rua Dublin is it the boards pay league?

• Advertisement

! Handy to be able to WC a week before the DGW to get an extra transfer for GW37. I'll have 5 for that week too.

Ye I'm glad none of my rivals wildcarded for gw 33 I feel it was the best week to do it.

Ye I'm glad none of my rivals wildcarded for gw 33 I feel it was the best week to do it.

It made a lot of sense with Chelsea and Leicester both playing in 33 if either of them weren't playing I don't think it would really have been possible. It was nice of Leicester to bring in the points for those that did!! Shame about Nugent but if I was offered 14 points from Schmeichel, Schlupp and Nugent I would have taken it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm getting so excited to transfer out Eriksen and Mane, wastes of space. Which probably means Eriksen will get a brace and Hendo and Sterling will get injured/suspended.
    SantryRed wrote: »

For me it's as easy a decision as the Spurs DGW, has to be Hazard. Henderson will be my VC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yeh with only two today i'm 90% to drop tonight but set up well next week and going forward. Nice to have a reasonable day yesterday after last weeks disaster! Handy to be able to WC a week before the DGW to get an extra transfer for GW37. I'll have 5 for that week too.

I'm Rua Dublin is it the boards pay league?

Yeah, it was you I was looking at. Van Gaalacticos here, desperatley trying for fifth!

Yeah, it was you I was looking at. Van Gaalacticos here, desperatley trying for fifth!

I have no idea what the payouts are is that the last spot? You'll need a good bit of luck to keep in touch next week!! Am hoping next week puts me back in the hunt for a three digit finish. Was getting nice and close to that sort of position until last weeks 3.4m gw rank! Been a long time until I had a week go that horribly wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

For the DGW as the moment I can field this team:
    DGW'ers in Bold

Myhill
    Schlupp-Terry-Bertrand
    Sanchez-Hazard-Silva-Eriksen
    Aguero-Kane-vardy

Foster-PVA-Boyd-Naughton

2FT and 2.5m in the bank

Foster to Mignolet looks a solid move i think.

Must pick a liverpool midfielder too.

I can get 6 DGW'ers with no point hits..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Forgot I had McShane...is it worth playing him though? Palace (a) and Pool (h), he could easily end up with just a point or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Brought in Mig, Sterling and Vardy for Panti, Erikson and Austin.
    I'll have 6DGW'ers
    Which ain't much compared to some round here.
    Wahhh!

Panthro wrote: »
    Brought in Mig, Sterling and Vardy for Panti, Erikson and Austin.
    I'll have 6DGW'ers
    Which ain't much compared to some round here.
    Wahhh!

Lots of wildcards being posted wouldn't think that overall many will have 6. As long as its 6 mostly from pool and Chelsea that's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I count 7 yellows for Ivan, is he therefore teetering on a ban?

Advertisement