Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Just add Gerry to your ignore list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

gerryo777 wrote: »
    You're wasting your time, as I've said before, there's none so blind as those that cannot see.
    It's his way or nothing else. No other argument can be explored.

I actually think you are confusing me with yourself there gerry. I believe its your way or nothing else, I have never told anyone what to do in relation to this charge, I have simply said I am paying and thats all you are the one telling people not to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

?

If I do that will all his messages from now on not appear on this thread to me?

Oh yea, 'spouting', here we go again.
    I have being trying to put forward examples of how we can move forward in this country.
    You, on the other hand have been slagging off everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Using the words pal,son etc plus telling others to "gtfo and troll somewhere else"
    Grow up. I won't be responding to any more of your posts so feel free to make sure you have the last word with me ok if it makes you feel better.
    You're wasting your time, as I've said before, there's none so blind as those that cannot see.
    It's his way or nothing else. No other argument can be explored.

?

Didnt last too long did it?

• Advertisement

donalg1 wrote: »
    ?

Didnt last too long did it?
    Replying to the groutch & squod.

Replying to the groutch & squod.

No responding to my posts, you may not do it directly but indirectly you still are responding to them.

This thread is going nowhere now. Time to unfollow. Ciao.

Lock this one up mods, it's going nowhere now. Ciao.

Why do you want them to lock it, if you are finished posting then you leave the thread and dont post any more, its very easy, but just because you are finished in the thread gerry doesnt mean the thread is finished, you are not that important. :rolleyes:

Why do you want them to lock it, if you are finished posting then you leave the thread and dont post any more, its very easy, but just because you are finished in the thread gerry doesnt mean the thread is finished, you are not that important. :rolleyes:
    I might come back in a couple of weeks to see if your still trolling. It's impossible to debate or be constructive with trolls. There's more to life than arguing with fools.Have fun. And make sure you get another snide remark in soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just because most of us don't want to read what you have to say doesnt mean the thread should be locked
    a thread should never revolve around any one member

just because most of us don't want to read what you have to say doesnt mean the thread should be locked
    a thread should never revolve around any one member
    I agree entirely.I've removed my call to lock it.

I might come back in a couple of weeks to see if your still trolling. It's impossible to debate or be constructive with trolls. There's more to life than arguing with fools.Have fun. And make sure you get another snide remark in soon.

So now you are calling me a troll and a fool, which is exactly what you were going to try get me banned for doing? Very hypocritical there gerry. Do you want to get this thread back on track or do you wish to keep saying goodbye then hello again?

Or would you rather accuse me of something only to turn around and do the same thing two minutes later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

So are people going to pay this thing or not??

steve9859 wrote: »
    So are people going to pay this thing or not??

I am going to pay but will be waiting until the last minute to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

I think it has been shown at the start of this thread that 99% of people can afford the €2 per week.
    Soory but there are 180 or so pages of posts, can you point me to ones that PROVE people can afford it.
    BTW As I said in an earlier post I can afford it so I paid, but I know people who cant pay the bills they have already, so if your weekly balance sheet is
    -€15, how can you afford another €2 on top of that.
    Not everybody is in financial trouble because they were rash some people believed the Goverment who said "our economic fundementals were strong" and the Financial Regulator who said "Irish banks have the best capitization in Europe" etc.., people made decisions based on the information provided by the state and its agencys so stop blaming them as though they were rabid spendcrazy maniacs.

lividduck wrote: »
    Soory but there are 180 or so pages of posts, can you point me to ones that PROVE people can afford it.
    BTW As I said in an earlier post I can afford it so I paid, but I know people who cant pay the bills they have already, so if your weekly balance sheet is
    -€15, how can you afford another €2 on top of that.
    Not everybody is in financial trouble because they were rash some people believed the Goverment who said "our economic fundementals were strong" and the Financial Regulator who said "Irish banks have the best capitization in Europe" etc.., people made decisions based on the information provided by the state and its agencys so stop blaming them as though they were rabid spendcrazy maniacs.

Its €2 a week everyone can afford that, I dont think I need to prove it as it is common sense to assume people can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,478 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think it has been shown at the start of this thread that 99% of people can afford the €2 per week.
    And I think you are ignoring the fact that these same people KNOW it will not be 100e for long. Just like the Govt are plotting with their reduction of the septic tank charges down to 5e for the sole purpose of getting people REGISTERED and then when they REGISTER they can hit them with huge increases every year after that. Now do you understand ? The 100e is just a bit of bait.

And I think you are ignoring the fact that these same people KNOW it will not be 100e for long. Just like the Govt are plotting with their reduction of the septic tank charges down to 5e for the sole purpose of getting people REGISTERED and then when they REGISTER they can hit them with huge increases every year after that. Now do you understand ? The 100e is just a bit of bait.

Shush and please don't try patronise me. As I have stated on numerous occasions this thread is about the household charge which is €100 so that is what's being discussed here. So when that changes we will discuss the new levels then as it is quite hard to talk about something when you only have imaginary figures to go on.

Ok so do you understand? Doubtful that you do but sure hey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Yes.

We will all pay one way or another.

At least this way the rich will pay their fair share.

Cop on you lefty fools. This IS a leftist tax.

• Advertisement

Shush and please don't try patronise me. As I have stated on numerous occasions this thread is about the household charge which is €100 so that is what's being discussed here. So when that changes we will discuss the new levels then as it is quite hard to talk about something when you only have imaginary figures to go on.

Shush yourself. People are not as stupid as you think and please don't patronise me. Posters are now fed up of your ramblings and if you think that the 100e fee will remain for the future than I really pity you.

Shush yourself. People are not as stupid as you think and please don't patronise me. Posters are now fed up of your ramblings and if you think that the 100e fee will remain for the future than I really pity you.

Oh my god can't believe someone can miss the point so badly.

If you don't want me to patronise you I suggest you don't try it on me. Ok? If you can't take it don't dish it out.

Answer me this how much is the household charge?

If you don't want me to patronise you I suggest you don't try it on me. Ok? If you can't take it don't dish it out.

If you really don't get the gist of the vast majority of posts on this subject then I think its time Boards opened a Junior Section for you. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Where did you get the 5 grand figure from?

Plans to introduce site valuation as part of property tax that would make the tax rise from €100 to, on "average" €625 for every tax-payer, but is said to rise to as much as €5000 for south county dublin residents. They were very open about it on RTE radio :eek:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0127/tax.html

If you really don't get the gist of the vast majority of posts on this subject then I think its time Boards opened a Junior Section for you. Cheers.

Ha ha good one so you won't answer my question then just throw your toys out of the pram and try come up with a silly insult. Think you need to be heading to the junior section.

It was a very straight forward question and your childish response proves to me that you are unable to act like an adult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

If you wish to make comparisons to Bertie I think you would be better starting with the anti brigade as they are the ones refusing to open their eyes and realise how f***** things are and are instead content on carrying on the way we are until everything gets far worse. Anti brigade = fianna fail.

There is no difference in FG/FG, same golden circle poltics, just different cronies. As for most other polticians and parties they are also corrupt to the core. Honest people do not go into Irish politics. So save the propaganda for someone else.

Ha ha good one so you won't answer my question then just throw your toys out of the pram and try come up with a silly insult. Think you need to be heading to the junior section.

It was a very straight forward question and your childish response proves to me that you are unable to act like an adult

Now I know what the other posters mean abaout you. Troll-o-lol-o-lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

Its €2 a week everyone can afford that, I dont think I need to prove it as it is common sense to assume people can afford it.

Don't bother patronising us.

We could not care less if it was 2 cent a week, we would still not pay. It is an unfair,imoral, unjust, corrupt, tax.

Now take that little message back to your slimey golden cirlce paymasters in upper mount street, there's a good boy.

If you wish to make comparisons to Bertie I think you would be better starting with the anti brigade as they are the ones refusing to open their eyes and realise how f***** things are and are instead content on carrying on the way we are until everything gets far worse. Anti brigade = fianna fail.

There is no difference in FG/FG, same golden circle poltics, just different cronies. As for most other polticians and parties they are also corrupt to the core. Honest people do not go into Irish politics. So save the propaganda for someone else.

Your the one posting propaganda

• Advertisement

Don't bother patronising us.

We could not care less if it was 2 cent a week, we would still not pay. It is an unfair,imoral, unjust, corrupt, tax.

Now take that little message back to your slimey golden cirlce paymasters in upper mount street, there's a good boy.

Good lad yourself insult me and that will really help your credibility round here. Just shows you have absolutely nothing to say and nothing going on between your ears. Very classy though well done to you.

Ok boy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement