Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon Treaty - Exit Poll

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

cupocoffee wrote: »
    Any NO voter is, in my opinion, a complete moron.

Come out .... show yourselves.

After tomorrow you may return to the shadows !!

I voted "No".
    I am not, however, a moron. Nor have I ever suggested that those who intended to vote "Yes" were morons.
    Frankly, I have more self-respect, and a genuine respect for the Democratic right of the people to vote as they choose, without fear of retribution, abuse, or ridicule.

Noreen

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

So as long as you fight you can't be wrong - jaysus .... where's the logic in that ? God help Ireland with opinions like that.

sorry to bring the tone of the place down,

but stfu and gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lad, it's being there at all what's important.
    I think people in this country have been spoilt ..... and you certainly have.
    Ireland important in Europe ?

The main influence Ireland can have going forward is as a middle man between Europe and The US. That role can only be played out with us being a full member.

Even at that we have major competition for that market with an island that has a population 20 times greater than ours and speaks the same language ... and has a huge economy ... and a half an empire left over.

Get a grip on your limits. Get educated, - so that you can work hard and be better than the guy next door.

Off to bed - enough drivel for one night.

im not even going to get into the ****e you just spouted cause everyone who reads it on here can see it for what it is im sure but i have just one question for you,well two actually i guess im very interested in your answer

How does a no vote make us not a full member? or leave us not being there at all?

And dont pretend to know anything about me, just makes you look like a condescending twat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,878 ✭✭✭✭Stark

MikeC101 wrote: »
    I think an awful lot of genuine No voters were marginalised by the attention grabbing antics of Cóir, Libertas, and on boards a dedicated force of shills spouting lies ad nauseum. It got to the point where admitting you were a No voter could easily bring down a thunderstorm of ridicule for siding with Cóir, and the likes of Ganley, which I think led to an understandable "battening down the hatches" and digging into the trenches situation between the two camps.

Which is a shame really, but what can you do - referenda in Ireland just seem to go that way.

True. I have heard some genuine objections in recent days. And if those objections were being put to the EU, I might actually have voted No first time round until they were sorted. But the people voted No based on completely irrelevant issues, and as it stands, even if a few people voted No in the current referendum based on a minority's genuine objections, we'd still be going back to the EU rabbling on about abortion and euthanasia like a pack of deranged idiots so we wouldn't have achieved anything. So on the balance of things, it was a Yes from me. Until we gain the maturity as a nation to propose something that's sensible and better. (The process was open first time round for any citizen of any country to make proposals, and I know a few people whose proposals were accepted).

What was this referendum about if everything was going to be business as usual if we'd voted NO again ?

Lad it's like this - if there was anything that bad in there then the NO side would have highlighted it. I mean something real - not the 1.84 prostitute workers rights dying for your country fantasy.

You're just a spoilt child who needs a good kick in the arse - and tomorrow you're going to get it .... YES !! :)

right, you again display your "education"

can you go away now. you just havent got a clue what your talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Whatever - bring it down to meaningless insults - great move.
    +
    Sleep well moron !!

Huh, my irony meter just exploded.

Sleep well moron !!

you realise you started calling people morons and throwing insults a while ago right? or is the memory gone aswell as the rational thought and intelligent part of the brain?

hang on, im gonna go out on a limb, are you 12?

MikeC101 wrote: »
    +

Huh, my irony meter just exploded.

:) but its kinda funny at the same time isnt it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jotom

fine geal are claiming strong support in an exit poll.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1002/eulisbon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Sleep well moron !!

Take a week off and cool down.

[EDIT]Having read the rest of your ouevre, let's make that permanent.[/EDIT]

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Sorry to tell you Noreen - but you are.... and nice notation does not change that fact.

G' night :)[/quote

Definition of moron from the medical dictionary:

mo·ron (môrprime.gifobreve.gifnlprime.gif)
    n.A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

I rest my case.:D:D

Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Guys, seriously don't feed the trolls! Just ignore them and report the post.

nesf wrote: »
    Guys, seriously don't feed the trolls! Just ignore them and report the post.

i tried but i cant resist sometimes :)

kryogen wrote: »
    i tried but i cant resist sometimes :)

Yeah but you're only wasting your time replying and that's the goal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

kryogen wrote: »
    You know its possible for people to vote on their own opinions rather then stupid slogans...............such as "be with Europe or be on the fringes"

Some would actually consider Ireland to be more important in Europe right now (considering they need our consent to ratify a treaty) then we will be if this vote passes, which it seems like it will...... we will have a .8% vote in Europe, that my friend could be referred to as the fringes

Thank God this thing is over and that post doesn't have to be refuted anymore.

Did you bother asking anybody about the .8% part?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

DeVore wrote: »
    Actually its here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055310420

We were accurate to 0.8% with a prediction of 54.2% and the actual result was 53.4% for No.

That was on a sample set of 1460 here we have a sample set of 600 ish, so the variance might be higher but then this is an "exit" poll where as that was a "how do you intend to vote" poll.

I would be happy to call it for the Yes voters all the same but I think it will be closer then 60%... I'm sticking with 53% Yes.

DeV.

Our "How will you vote?" poll this time had the No side with a convincing lead. So honestly I think our accuracy last time was a statistical fluke. Then, as someone who studied Maths I don't need to tell you that. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Early tallies in most places are overwhelmingly in favour of Yes ! Think Dublin North is the only constituency that's showing a No vote at the moment.

If it holds up then it's looking like 60% or thereabouts for the Yes side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

this is turning out to be a great day

first new stargate universe pilot episodes

second a possible yes in Lisbon

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The current result's of the poll on this thread are
    60.77%- yes
    39.23%- no
    I would say this will be similar to the real outcome.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

nesf wrote: »
    Our "How will you vote?" poll this time had the No side with a convincing lead. So honestly I think our accuracy last time was a statistical fluke. Then, as someone who studied Maths I don't need to tell you that. :p

I think perhaps the "How will you vote?" poll was being stuffed by No supporters creating one off accounts to try and game the poll.

I think it could have been accurate, had only people with a certain reputation been allowed to vote on it, e.g. more then a hundred posts and account open for more then a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

bk wrote: »
    I think perhaps the "How will you vote?" poll was being stuffed by No supporters creating one off accounts to try and game the poll.

I think it could have been accurate, had only people with a certain reputation been allowed to vote on it, e.g. more then a hundred posts and account open for more then a year.

I would have satisfied those criteria. Yet I didn't vote in that (or any other) Boards poll. My reason is that I don't think such polls have any worthwhile degree of reliability, yet some people take them with an amount of seriousness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Looks like the result will end up at around 66/67% Yes. Our poll was right on the overall result but biased by about 7% towards the NO side.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think we can say that there was a certain amount of "gaming" going on.

I also think this result definitely underlines where the real political discussion on the Irish Internet is occuring and where public opinion is reflected.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

I think we can say that there was a certain amount of "gaming" going on.

I also think this result definitely underlines where the real political discussion on the Irish Internet is occuring and where public opinion is reflected.

DeV.

Hmmmmmmmmm Devore,is'nt the usual margin of error +or- 3%?:pac::pac::pac: in a poll:p

wonder what the results of the boards poll would have been if it had only started after polls closed?;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Rather depends on the sample size. If the sample size is 100% the margin of error tends towards 0 :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Rather depends on the sample size. If the sample size is 100% the margin of error tends towards 0 :p

DeV.

Lol DeVore SIR!:D

Tell that to Al Gore!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement