Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BF4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so after playing all morning I have had no problems finding a lobby 100% success so far.

However the hit detection is killing me. Also, for some reason when I try joing a lobby the system assign, lets say, flood zone, then most o the times the screen will go black and then the system starts loading a different map. When that happens lag and hit detection are horrible for me. Also, spawns are really bad but I suppose this are more reasonable problems expected from a new game.

Another weird thing, I have played probably 20 TDMs, but so far I have only managed to win 2? And I am doing ok, on average, 18-20 to 4-6.

That's never happened to me before. I am not a BF beast in anyway but I find it odd. Also, I always finish with the top score or at least top of my team. I just find it weird, is like the system is pairing me up with the worse players...

I am going to move to defuse where team mates are less important.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The games working a lot better for me now, finally able to play conquest without getting booted into deathmatch or the dashboard.

can anyone recommend a good site or youtube channel for tips on how to improve? I'm holding my own, but being a COD player, theres a lot that I'm not familiar with (i dont know how to destroy enemy vehicles efficiently etc.)

The games working a lot better for me now, finally able to play conquest without getting booted into deathmatch or the dashboard.

can anyone recommend a good site or youtube channel for tips on how to improve? I'm holding my own, but being a COD player, theres a lot that I'm not familiar with (i dont know how to destroy enemy vehicles efficiently etc.)

There was a channel I watched once, the guys name was KackisHD, he was ok game me a few good tips, the problem is with all sometimes they start talking about stuff that are of no interest to me like what they had for breakfast and what is their favorite childhood pet etc. But for the most part he seemed ok.

I only watched a couple of his videos, wasnt interested on what he had to say but more on how he was playing just to get an idea of how he moves around the maps, etc.

I am doing much better now, in the end, it is all about practice and changing the mentality, specially if you are coming from CoD like I was and you liked rushing.

I still rush in BF I am just nowhere near as good as in CoD but then again, BF is much harder than CoD. But I dont want to change my play style either, I like running around even if I get killed, the more I do it the better I become!

Bohrio wrote: »
    There was a channel I watched once, the guys name was KackisHD, he was ok game me a few good tips, the problem is with all sometimes they start talking about stuff that are of no interest to me like what they had for breakfast and what is their favorite childhood pet etc. But for the most part he seemed ok.

I only watched a couple of his videos, wasnt interested on what he had to say but more on how he was playing just to get an idea of how he moves around the maps, etc.

I am doing much better now, in the end, it is all about practice and changing the mentality, specially if you are coming from CoD like I was and you liked rushing.

I still rush in BF I am just nowhere near as good as in CoD but then again, BF is much harder than CoD. But I dont want to change my play style either, I like running around even if I get killed, the more I do it the better I become!

Thats the thing, the maps are so big, its hard to learn as much from a single battlefield video as you would from a COD one. I remember watching a COD tournament and the amount you can learn about loadouts, cover & positioning, etc is huge. BF is different as the maps arent really purpose built arenas, so theres a multitude of ways to skin a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Rivalxfactor and lvlcap are the top 2 on youtube for battlefield.
    Levelcap usually does good detailed videos on the best weapons and attachments

• Advertisement

It is unbelievable how broken this game is... seriously, I wouldnt expect this kind of failures not even in a beta.

Today I can't join a lobby, only in defuse mode and after several attempts and when I do, I get random black screens, hit detection is completely off, sometimes, for no apparent reason while I am playing the game I start spectating other players even though I am still in the game???? I mean wft?

And then after I cycle through all the players and end up spectating myself I can only move forward and backwards???

And that's not counting the random dashboards, etc

and I though CoD releases were buggy... unfreaking believable... this game deserves to be burnt, our money given back to us and Dice should not be allow to release a single game anymore...

It is unbelievable how broken this game is... seriously, I wouldnt expect this kind of failures not even in a beta.

Today I can't join a lobby, only in defuse mode and after several attempts and when I do, I get random black screens, hit detection is completely off, sometimes, for no apparent reason while I am playing the game I start spectating other players even though I am still in the game???? I mean wft?

And then after I cycle through all the players and end up spectating myself I can only move forward and backwards???

And that's not counting the random dashboards, etc

and I though CoD releases were buggy... unfreaking believable... this game deserves to be burnt, our money given back to us and Dice should not be allow to release a single game anymore...

Indeed, It took ages to get into a gmae last night, server browser listing none available etc. etc.

Im spending my gaming time on Black Ops 2 ffs.
    At this stage I kind of feel that I shouldn't have bothered getting the xbox one until next year, as the only game i want to play never works.

So its STILL messed up even with the patch?.

It was next on my list and if finances could have covered it. I'd have got it with NBA and FIFA when I got the Xbox two weeks ago.

I was contemplating it a few times this week as I could afford it now, but been put off by these issues which still seem to be evident?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So its STILL messed up even with the patch?.

It was next on my list and if finances could have covered it. I'd have got it with NBA and FIFA when I got the Xbox two weeks ago.

I was contemplating it a few times this week as I could afford it now, but been put off by these issues which still seem to be evident?.

When you finally get a game, its not bad. Its getting into a server which is my main issue.

The BF4 Top Issues Trackers shows how little they've done to get things fixed on the XB1.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670203355766/

I didn't want to get Ghosts but not being able to have a game of the fps I wanted to I'm considering it.

I wish ****ing EA and their investors were reading these forums.

They dont even read their own forums... it is sad, I have ghost, I will play campaign today, I played multiplayer for a while but I just didnt like it at all. But if they dont fix BF4 soon I will not go back to ghost, I will rather go back to MW3/2 or MW and play xbox 360

• Advertisement

New Patch for the One came out today
    -Reduced the probability of the “Kill trade” issue (see below for details).
    -Fixed a common crash that could occur during gameplay.
    -Fixed an issue that could corrupt save files in the single player campaign.
    -Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
    -Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
    -Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
    -Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
    -Servers that friends are playing on now have a higher priority in the server list.
    -Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
    -Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
    -Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
    -Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
    -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
    -Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
    -Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
    -Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
    -Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
    -Fixed an issue with the party chat app not working.
    -Fixed an issue in the in-game Battlelog where non-ASCII characters would display incorrectly.
    -Fixed an issue when maps were not loading properly while player didn’t have the game in full screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The game is getting better and more stable with every update. Had some great games last night.

The game is getting better and more stable with every update. Had some great games last night.

I am hoping the game is finally better after this update but before that all that updates did for me is made things worst.

When I bought the game I could join lobbies and play the game, after the first update I couldnt join any lobbies at all. After the last update I was again able to join only defuse mode and only after retrying several times and when I was finally put into a lobby the game will either dashboard or I would end up spectating... among other things

I am not being negative but so far, updates havent given me the confidence to say, yeah, they are on the right track. Hopefully this last one will.

I am hoping the game is finally better after this update but before that all that updates did for me is made things worst.

When I bought the game I could join lobbies and play the game, after the first update I couldnt join any lobbies at all. After the last update I was again able to join only defuse mode and only after retrying several times and when I was finally put into a lobby the game will either dashboard or I would end up spectating... among other things

I am not being negative but so far, updates havent given me the confidence to say, yeah, they are on the right track. Hopefully this last one will.

I'm in the same boat as you, It was really the last 2 weeks where it didnt work at all for me. but I have to say yesterdays update has (so far) sorted a lot of my problems. I was able to join every game mode from quick match, and the server browser was working properly. I haven't restarted single player since my save got deleted but i might get a chance at the weekend.

Sorry to all in the party tonight, just back from the Xmas party and a bit worse fir wear. Tomorrow night should be better!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Touch wood it seems pretty stable after the last patch even 64 conquest games :)

Anyone unlocked the DAO-12, do I need to get 6 shotgun kills and use the gate in one game of Caspian?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Touch wood it seems pretty stable after the last patch even 64 conquest games :)

Anyone unlocked the DAO-12, do I need to get 6 shotgun kills and use the gate in one game of Caspian?

Yeah that's what happened me, I messes around with the gate on Caspian and it popped up! Already had the shotgun ribbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Lads Seriously Retarded Question here

How do you save?

I was told it was auto save, but i quit after doing a few hours and back to square one....fit to throw it out a window

D_turbo wrote: »
    Lads Seriously Retarded Question here

How do you save?

I was told it was auto save, but i quit after doing a few hours and back to square one....fit to throw it out a window

Yeah thats broken... Welcome to BF4!!

miralize wrote: »
    Yeah thats broken... Welcome to BF4!!

Ahh wow, I taught taht was on a rare occasion...is it ment to autosave or am i missing something?

Few buddies said it auto saves...but i finally gave the game some attention and this is what i get ....Should have stuck to fifa :o

• Advertisement

D_turbo wrote: »
    Ahh wow, I taught taht was on a rare occasion...is it ment to autosave or am i missing something?

Few buddies said it auto saves...but i finally gave the game some attention and this is what i get ....Should have stuck to fifa :o

Theres a memory leak bug which Dice cant seem to find yet. They've fixed most of the issues around it but I think it still there for a certain few people.

Is there any groups of players from here teaming up?.

It's a bit tedious playing this game by yourself(driving/repairing a tank alone, going to repair and being run over etc) on hardcore since comms are crucial.

Wouldn't mind teaming up with a squad and doing a bit better.

Also on hardcore mode, they seriously need to patch the lack of friendly tags which is common.
    I don't think you're awarded a negative for the kill as I've looked at the feed after doing it once or twice and didn't see it listed.
    The names only pop up after holding your crosshairs over for a second which is far too long if you're in a tank or need to get off a quick shot.

Theres a memory leak bug which Dice cant seem to find yet. They've fixed most of the issues around it but I think it still there for a certain few people.

Am i wasting my time starting again ? Think its twice it happend but first time id maybe 20mins done so didnt take much notice, I presume if i needed an update it would have done it by now?

Such a good game..some let down

Cheers for the quick and to the point replys :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

hope this doesnt sound like a stupid question but how do you get online in battlefield it says i have to be signed into playstation network and EA servers
    but im already signed in to my old PS3 account on ps4 but i dont know how to sign into EA servers there no code with the game or anything

hope this doesnt sound like a stupid question but how do you get online in battlefield it says i have to be signed into playstation network and EA servers
    but im already signed in to my old PS3 account on ps4 but i dont know how to sign into EA servers there no code with the game or anything

you would probably get more help in the ps4 thread. Hope it gets sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

you would probably get more help in the ps4 thread. Hope it gets sorted!

cheer i got it sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Is there any groups of players from here teaming up?.

there's a fair few of us from your fifa 14 team. If you add the gamertags below you will run into the rest of people from here who play BF4 together.

Royal 1rish
    miju irl
    Failsafe 00
    in4ab8tin
    Gary guitar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So got the game yesterday, but can't get into a game of conquest at all :( have got into some Rush and Obliteration, but usually takes a few goes to get on.

How can i update ?

Says thre was an update released 19th decemeber fixing a few things?

Wrecking my head now not saving games at all

Is it autosave by deafault?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Does you xb1 power off completely? If it doesn't it would have downloaded the update already.

On another note had a good luck at the battlelog leaderboards. The amount of boardsies who are in top 10 in country for their different classes / vehicles is impresssive

Advertisement