Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Well your spare tyre looks pretty well inflated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    AstraMonti wrote: »
    Is that beasty on his new bike? :P
    As you know, AM, my new bike is much better looking than that
    188.jpg

And here she is in action, leading the charge:

tcd12w-16.jpg

Just before the GIRLS passed you!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

As you know, AM, my new bike is much better looking than that

I know I know.. I just had to mess with ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Are you serious? :confused:

Do bicycles come with calibrated speedometers?

I cannot see that standing up in an appeal court.

Given the time of day and the close vicinity to a school, yea I hope the book is thrown at him.

I don't know how much road sense a child has.

Anyways, if its was anywhere else, I'd frame it on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Colmhayden76

I knew 2 people who were stopped by the boys in blue for speeding on bikes 1 guy was coming down the hill from the youth hostel in Fossa in Kilarney when he was pulled up for "his own safety" as the road joined the N72!

The other guy was heading down John's Hill in Waterford City when a patrol car lit up its lights and made him pull in at a bus stop on the hill . A trainee got out of the car and started dressing down my buddy for not cycling with care or consideration for his own safety etc etc. In the mean time the garda in the drivers seat was knotted up with laughter as were the 3 people at the bus stop. This just made the trainee get mad so you can imagine the scene man and bike ,garda car with lights on, bus stop full of people and 1 trainee garda set up by the other. Priceless!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Yep - didn't get passed by any of the blokes on tonight's sprints though;)

(not that you would know, as you managed to have a convenient "malfunction" before the real action started)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

CramCycle wrote: »
    You missed George Hook, on NT 30 minutes ago with his "unbiased" spiel talking to the guy who runs cycling.ie
    Lucky me. He is tiresome about some topics, and that's one of them.

Was it cyclist.ie or cycling.ie?

Yep - didn't get passed by any of the blokes on tonight's sprints though;)

(not that you would know, as you managed to have a convenient "malfunction" before the real action started)

We both know that I was all over your back wheel and the only reason I was cycling well within myself it has to be said is due to the lack of lights I had!!!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We both know that I was all over your back wheel and the only reason I was cycling well within myself it has to be said is due to the lack of lights I had!!!!
    So what was the excuse the other week then?

Oh yes - it was the car that (conveniently for you) slowed me down a bit on my "King of Skerries Mountain" segment - you still couldn't manage to hold my wheel...

So what was the excuse the other week then?

Oh yes - it was the car that (conveniently for you) slowed me down a bit on my "King of Skerries Mountain" segment - you still couldn't manage to hold my wheel...

You got that one I'll give you. It's on from now though pal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The start of a new month tomorrow............... no train ticket shall be bought.

Gasp, wheeze, pant, puff........ :pac:

Haven't done it in about 5-6 months but still made it in on time. It was strange though, from about Santry into town I thought there were hardly any cars or cyclists on the road. Has it quietened down out there?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Spotted in the window of my local bike shop. Bianchi Pista track bike. With a pie plate.

6797242434_31f450d679_z.jpg

Why???

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Spotted in the window of my local bike shop. Bianchi Pista track bike. With a pie plate.

Calling petethedrummer. Will petethedrummer please report to the Camper Van. petethedrummer to the Camper Van.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

shine a light through out and I'll come in a cape.

shine a light through out and I'll come in a cape.

Eeewww - TMI!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Why???

to stop you shifting into the rear wheel, of course.............................. oh wait :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hilda please! Don't tug so hard on that rope.

My tyre died this week :(

IMG_20120301_102343.jpg

IMG_20120301_102312.jpg

And the tyre has less then 400k on it. :(

• Advertisement

400 km ? looks like the brake blocks rubbing the tyre not the rim IMO

400 km ? looks like the brake blocks rubbing the tyre not the rim IMO

Damage from a rather large drain cycled through, rim survived happily ( It was horribly out of true though). The brake pad was rubbing for less then ten minutes before I copped it. Ahh well another 25 quid down the drain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

From the weather forum
    'SUNDAY ... The overnight rain could become sleety and end as snow in some higher parts of the east and south, but this system will retreat into northern France and leave most places dry later in the day, with a slow clearing trend against considerable high cloud and a stiff northerly wind adding chill to temperatures that are already below normal at about 4-7 C. This outlook could change towards a more significant snowfall event, so check for updates.' :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Enjoy the snow lads. I'm off to Spain in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I never liked ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

just fitted a pair of those tyres above, anyone with experience on them in the city? hoping they last longer than 2-4months and dont get cut up like most low budget training tyres.

BX 19 wrote: »
    Damage from a rather large drain cycled through, rim survived happily ( It was horribly out of true though). The brake pad was rubbing for less then ten minutes before I copped it. Ahh well another 25 quid down the drain.

400km in ten minutes? Nice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

May the road rise up continuesly.
    May the wind be always in your face.
    May the sun shine be hidden by clouds;
    the rains fall hard upon your back and until we meet again,
    may God hide your waterproofs in the palm of His hand.*

I too am on hols next week but staying here in the sneachta :(

*joking

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Off to Italy next week, woo hoo........... but it most likely won't be nice and sunny like Spain. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

From YLYL

the-dar-28.jpg?w=499&h=506

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement