Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Setting a Lawn

Options
  • 05-07-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am planning to set a lawn. The soil seems good but was covered with couple of inches of pebble stone. I have removed the stone and plastic covering and turned the soil.

Now there are quite a few stones mixed in with the soil. Will I have to remove all of these?

And there are weeds and/or old herbs starting to sprout up. What should I do to kill these before planting the lawn seed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 morg

Hi K09,
    You should dig out the weeds or spray with round-up and they'll die off. Rake the topsoil and remove stones larger than you're finger tip. Once happy with soil level, spread the seed evenly over the soil. You can lightly rake again so the seed is worked into the soil-this will improve germination. Give it a good soak with the hose and watch it grow.Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

OP this has been posted several times and if you use the Forum's search function, it will take you to the many posts offering tips/advice on new lawns etc etc.

Advertisement