Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with social welfare inspector

• 19-10-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi there been on casual jobseekers benefit for over a year, workng 2-3 days a week. Its running out soon. got forms to fill in to apply for jobseekers alowance/re apply job seekers benefit start of sept and filled them in and sent them back.

Got letter today with date of meeting an inspector this week.
    it asked to being, identification, passport etc and and any bank/credit union /other financial institution statements.

This is fine, just wondering what they'll ask? and how many months bank statements will i bring and will they ask about every payment into it? just in case i can't remember all. etc

I presume this is the meeting for job seekers allowance and they are assessing my means and not a chance to give out why i haven't a full time job

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

First of all, they are unlikely to give out to anyone why they haven't gotten a full time job yet - it doesn't take a genius to work out that there just aren't enough jobs to go around at the moment. At the height of the boom if you were unemployed they may have been more suspicious of your efforts to find work, but not now.

Second of all, I'd bring in at least 6 months worth of bank statements. If there are unexplained lodgements I'd try and work out what they were for ahead of time (you can write this down somewhere, eg: 100 euro in on july 26 - loan from mother)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Just how much access do they have to your accounts, if you bring in statements will they still check with the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

shockwave, you have to provide them with all the information they ask for, and anything that might be relevant.

willfully withholding information is the same as lying, which in this case would make you guilty of fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Geribubbles

The social welfare inspector just rang asking me to meet her next week. I have been on the dole for 3 months. Why do tehy want to meet me? I know people on it for a year who have never met an inspector. I'm freaking out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mumfordandsons

Xiney wrote: »
    shockwave, you have to provide them with all the information they ask for, and anything that might be relevant.

willfully withholding information is the same as lying, which in this case would make you guilty of fraud.

from first hand experience myself. this is not going to help u in all cases. ask around in relation to your case. nring truthfull with these guys leds to u getting nothing. i am about post on this myself shortly.
    look after yourself is most important. i tell u half this country at least i say is lying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

mumfordandsons do not advocate fraud on this forum. It is fraud if you are not truthful about your circumstances to the Social Welfare inspector.

Zombie thread - locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement