Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Loving the odds on over 3.5 goals in the psv v valencia

psv with their awful defence but good attack have to go all out attack, while valencia should destroy them on the counter attack

Not saying it is a bad bet at all.
    But PSV got rid of their coach yesterday and replaced him with Philip Cocu and the coach of FC Eindhoven, Ernst Faber.

Was thinking of the same bet but i now wait what those 2 put on the pitch.
    I can see an extra defensive midfield player like Engelaar coming in for an attack minded player.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

We love a draw at Anfield, Everton have drawn their last 3 away matches.
    Couple of tenners on 0-0 @ 7/1 and 1-1 @ 11/2 in the Merseyside Derby tonight.

If I weren't a Liverpool supporter, I'd half consider chancing Everton DNB despite us(Liverpool) showing up for the bigger games more than likely.

Gladly settle for losing my money for a home win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Liverpool v Everton HT Correct Score 0-0 17/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'm going to go against Liverpool until they start showing some scoring ability on the pitch, so I'll be on Everton DNB probably. (No odds yet as I can't place bets from work..)

Might do Bayern -1 or -2 too, I think they should win pretty easily..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bayern v Basel

Fair nice odds on Basel to win. Media think Bayern have turned a corner with the Hoffenheim win but they forgot to include Hoffenheim are awful team. Allianz-Arena is a tough place to go for sure but bayern arent as good as before the winter break. They can be badly hurt and I think Basel have the speed to get them on the counter attack. Watching Bayern, they find it extremely hard to break down teams with 10 or 11 men behind the ball (Mönchengladbach) the prime example and they can be easly gotten on the counter attack since they have an extremely poor defence.

Long shot is Draw/Basel 28/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

If he starts, Kuyt anytime at 2/1 looks good. Loves a derby goal does Dirk and he tends to step up in the big games. 5 goals against Everton over the years (including 3 penalties).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Gonna go for a mad one here...

€5 on halftime Liverpool 1-0, full time 1-1
    @20/1 with PP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    Marseille or draw
    Under 3.5 goals in Liverpool v Everton
    @ 2.16

Marseille's league form and CL form are two different things, before their 3-0 win over Dortmund they were doing terrible in the league. With Deschamps in charge, they managed to win away to Dortmund, Olympiakos & Spartak Moscow, and they also drew away to Arsenal and Milan. Plus, I think Deschamps is a much better coach than Ranieri.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Reading have won 9 of their last 10 games. They pushing for promotion back to the premiership and a win tonight puts them top of the table. I think there are very good price away to Doncaster @ EVENS

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

double @ 2/1

Liverpool v Everton under 2.5 goals @ 8/13
    Inter v Mairseille Inter @ 1/1

Neither of Liverpool or Everton are really impressive in front of goal and Liverpool tend to concede very little at home. Expect it to be really tight and neither defences to leak more than 1 goal.

Not much between the sides in the first leg and either side could have sneaked the win, Mairseille did in the last few minutes. Backing Inter to win tonight

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

clearodara wrote: »
    Reading have won 9 of their last 10 games. They pushing for promotion back to the premiership and a win tonight puts them top of the table. I think there are very good price away to Doncaster @ EVENS

Didn't realise Reading were in action today. I'll have some of that @ EVENS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Skybet are being tight on the card odds tonight, gonna wait for teams, Adam at 5/6, terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

0-0 15/2 and 1-1 11/2 in scouse derby. Small stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Adam to be sent off looks like a gimme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

1st goalscorer, 40p - L15:

Mario Gomez - Bayern Munich - 11/5
    Ched Evans - Sheff Utd - 4/1
    Andy Williams - Yeovil - 13/2
    David Nugent - Leicester - 13/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Liverpool Team vs Everton – Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Downing, Spearing, Henderson, Carroll, Suarez.

EDIT: Just heard that team may not be legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Gone with no goals in the Merseyside derby at 9/1.

Also have free in play bet for the chelsea game might just do the over 0.5 goals then chance something big with the free 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

What are peoples thoughts on Peno to be awarded at 11/4 in the derby tonight?
    Think its very good price myself

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Liverpool Team vs Everton – Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Downing, Spearing, Henderson, Carroll, Suarez.

EDIT: Just heard that team may not be legit.

I hope that lineup's true. I'll cry if Adam's in the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've seen

Reina. Kelly. Carragher. Sktel. Enrique. Henderson. Gerrard. Spearing. Downing. Suarez. Carroll

• Advertisement

Spearing is 7/4 for a card,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fellaini is always worth a punt. Headcase

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Fellaini is always worth a punt. Headcase

5/6!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Strong Everton bench so Liverpool ht/draw ft 14/1 and Liverpool ht /Everton ft 55/1 could be worth small stakes. Staying away from bets. Nervous enough watching it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Yeah it's a bad price but I've put £33 from a profitable day at Cheltenham on Fellani to be booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

beat me till it on him at 9/4 betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Martin Kelly's due a goal. :p 40/1 for 1st, got a €1 freebet today so stuck that on.

Thinking this will be 2 or 3-1 to Liverpool. PP refunding the usual markets if there's 4 or more goals, I actually think it might have a good few.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Anytime double of Gomez and Milito. €15 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

Odds to post from previous page..

Everton to win, 5.9 and Bayern -2, 2.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Gone for Suarez to score first and Liverpool to win 3-1 for the crack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement