Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Uk Deals goes Irish.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Yep, there now. That took agggggeeesssssss..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Basq wrote: »
    You used a comma - put 'tesco,ie' instead of 'tesco.ie' so it couldn't match up to a retailer.

Fixed now! ;)

Oooops! Some standard validation of the URL on the page and I could have fixed it when submitting. Something for the comments box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

hope the site will grow and we'll be posting so called ''glitches'' too - there seem to be so many of them in the UK, in Tesco etc. Never come across any in Ireland though but might be just no luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

uli84 wrote: »
    hope the site will grow and we'll be posting so called ''glitches'' too - there seem to be so many of them in the UK, in Tesco etc. Never come across any in Ireland though but might be just no luck ;)

I bought two today in Argos, so it must be just your luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Needs more deals posted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

HUKD wrote: »
    I hope it's ok to post in here. Not promo I promise :)

I just wanted to say that I really think HUKD can be complimentary to boards.ie in the same way in the UK we have mse and hukd with mse being broader and covering a lot more things while hukd is just about deals. There are loads of members that cross over both sites happily and I hope the same happens here.

What I don't want is for things to feel competitive or that anyone is subscribing to a 'tribe'. I think it's important to think about how to grow the Irish deals community as a whole - for example there are Irish members of the UK site that don't use the boards here and hopefully they end up finding deals that you guys gain from also.

I guess the important thing to me also is that there is fair play and we don't get divisions between communities also. So if anyone sees deals getting ripped off or dirty play please lmk.

Thanks - Paul

Why didn't you call it 'Hot Irish Deals'(www.hid.ie)? 'Hot UK Deals Ireland' doesn't exactly make a lot of sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Needs more deals posted.

Eh, put some on it so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Needs more deals posted.
    Jimdagym wrote: »
    Eh, put some on it so?

Yeah, I would think Basq has writers cramp now, give his poor keyboard and fingers a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

I have been very active in the gaming deals section.
    I just don't like making the deal posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Needs more deals posted.
    It's community driven.. so the more members we get active, the more deals we'll have. It's the way it is.

The UK site has a lot more activity but that's been established a helluva lot longer obviously. We're trying to build up a community but it's easier said than done.

It'll take time but we're building up speed (both in the rate in which deals are posted, and signups) and hopefully word of mouth will do the rest.

The primary pull of HUKD.ie other than Irish deals and exclusive coupons is 85% of the time, deals will hit the front page of HUKD.ie ahead of HotUKDeals and you don't need to filter through HotUKDeals for the deals that will ship here.

And if you need an incentive to post - it's funky colourful badges! :o
    Jim236 wrote: »
    Why didn't you call it 'Hot Irish Deals'(www.hid.ie)? 'Hot UK Deals Ireland' doesn't exactly make a lot of sense...
    Nothing to do with me.. I didn't come up with the name.

If people didn't know it was affiliate with HotUKDeals, they'd be none the wiser to be honest.

We're actually referring to it at HUKD.ie (Hooked.ie).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Can you check the RSS feed please? I have just subscribed to it but 27 of the 30 entries have 01/01/1970 00:00 as the timestamp. Thanks.

Hmmm.. so it is:
    <pubDate>Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 +0100</pubDate>

Will make a note of it, and pop it to the dev's.

Thanks navi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

No problem. Thanks for all the deals!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Basq wrote: »
    It's community driven.. so the more members we get active, the more deals we'll have. It's the way it is.....

Good luck with that ..... if its anything like the Bargain Alerts "community" on Boards.ie, you'll have your work cut out.

When I post here I often get accused of being a shill and other abuse, rarely a thank you from anyone, despite plenty of page views for my threads. The latest insult is someone copying my post verbatim and pasting it in a separate thread as their own.

Posting in a bargain forum is a thankless task, for which you need a huge tolerance of rudeness and ignorance. Needless to say I post in Bargain Alerts "community" far less now.

Oracle wrote: »
    When I post here I often get accused of being a shill and other abuse, rarely a thank you from anyone, despite plenty of page views for my threads. The latest insult is someone copying my post verbatim and pasting it in a separate thread as their own.

Posting in a bargain forum is a thankless task, for which you need a huge tolerance of rudeness and ignorance. Needless to say I post in Bargain Alerts "community" far less now.
    If you are unfairly accused of being a shill on here, let us know and we'll gladly take action on it.

I do try and welcome anyone who starts posting deals on here.. but unfortunately I do know what you mean.

People can be very curt and unnecessarily rude if they find it cheaper elsewhere or don't trust a retailer.. it's something myself and the rest of the mods here try and deal with.

Don't be discouraged to post bargains.. they're always appreciated by the community, and ignore the small percentage who s*it on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks for your kind words. Sorry to say I'm well beyond that stage, I've given up on Boards.ie a long time ago. I realise I was expecting far too much, and that it's not for me.

I do wish the best of luck to HUKD.ie though and I hope it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Oracle wrote: »
    Good luck with that ..... if its anything like the Bargain Alerts "community" on Boards.ie, you'll have your work cut out.

I wouldn't be discouraged. You'll find a lot of people will take up on a bargain alert and won't post, good, bad or indifferent, the silent majority, if you like.

Advertisement