Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Congratulations

Bastard

;) I knew you would pick up on that... nice cold bavaria mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Congrats on the promotion - great news! Enjoy your well deserved bevvies :)

Wed 19th Jan
    4 very easy miles today. After yesterday on the track followed by a couple of beers results in a very stiff tired shels4ever today managed just an easy 4 in the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

shels4ever wrote: »
    Wed 19th Jan
    4 very easy miles today. After yesterday on the track followed by a couple of beers results in a very stiff tired shels4ever today managed just an easy 4 in the park.

good hope it hurt.

Thursday 20th Jan
    Decided to pop down to the club session again tonight and train with another group. They were doing 6X800's but decided just to do 4 myslef as I'll have a race/tempo on sat.

3:22
    3:23
    3:21

Felt really easy but it was just 3 reps with a long recovery so it should have.....

Total today 5.9 miles.

• Advertisement

Friday 21st Jan
    4.5 handy miles today, legs were a bit stiff from yesterday but not too bad. Will run the BHAA race tomorrow to see how fit/unfit I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Good luck - enjoy! :)

Really nice day for a race today, although legs were feeling very tired form the last few days but wasnt too worried about them . Plan was to run the 5miles in as close to 40 mins as possible. Havent run this race before so wasnt too sure how hard the course was.

Decided not to run in spikes today so in some section I needed to run a little wide and the 3rd lap the course had cut up a little but nothing too major.

Started off right at the back of the field and got off well, once the gun went the legs didnt feel tired at all. Spotted a few people that I really want to bead and was hard to let the go as they would be in 37 shape I guess.

Race went exactly to plan apart from a section around 3.5 miles where I felt the pace slipping , was a little too slow in digging in but managed to get back on track and finish strong.

Finished in 40:20 ish so not too far of the planned pace..

next step 7:40 pace.......

Sunday 24th Jan
    10 very slow miles at 10m/m pace today, just a nice trot around the park in the muck and the mud. Could have run all days at this pace today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sunday 24th Jan
    10 very slow miles at 10m/m pace today, just a nice trot around the park in the muck and the mud. Could have run all days at this pace today.

Nice to get 10miles in all the same well done.

• Advertisement

Yep happy to get the miles in for now, not going to worry about pace for long runs at all. Time in the legs is what counts.. Wont be looking for any major times until March/April..

Monday 24th Jan
    4 miles handy today, was planning to take today off but had the day off work so just did an easy few miles. Leg feeling a little tired but in a good way.

Tuesday 25th Jan

2 mile warm up, was feeling very tired and pace was a little too quick for warmup.

1X400m
    1X600m
    1X1000m
    2X600m
    2X400m

Didnt feel great tonight, tucked in at the back of the group for each rep and just got around. Legs had nothing in them tonight so was dropped on the shorter reps but stronger in the longer reps. Hadnt checked the pace at all until I got home and it was a little faster then it felt.

1.5 mile warmdown

Total today 6 miles
    Think i'll take a day off tomorrow.

Wed 26th Jan
    Much needed rest day today

Thursday 27th

5 miles very easy, jsut felt shattered the last 2 days, So the rest day seems to have done the job.

Friday 28th
    4.7 miles still not 100% but was nice to have company for a run.

Six days a week is going to be my limit from now on as quality suffers once I go over that.

Sat 29th Jan

6 miles easy run, leg very stiff after a few beers on Friday.

Sunday 30th Jan
    10 miles took me about 7 miles to get into this run but really enjoyed been out there today.

Havent updated the log this week as the usualy plan has gone out the window. Few things got in the way and the heads been melted with some work issues that have gotten way out of had.

Monday
    Planned easy 6 miles, stopped after 2 miles and jsut gave up. head wasnt on the game.
    Tuesday Track session ended after 2 reps way off the back for the group and the head wrecked.
    WedRest day.
    Thursday 2 miles easy, then 2X10 mins. Best run of the week was more of an angry run... 6:20 miles to start was way ott but just wanted to hurt..

Plan for the rest of the week is to get some nice miles in, long runs sunday then back to normal next week.

Friday 4th Feb
    5.6 windy miles today @ 8:45 pace. First enjoyable run of the week...

Sat 5th Jan
    5 miles easy today, wasnt as easy as it shuld have been. Park was waterlogged upto my ankles in places in water and mud... might need to change the route for tomorrows long run.

Sunday 6th Feb
    10.5 miles this morning but it was pure hell. Had company for the first hour in the park and the underfoot conditions were very hard on the legs. Had talked myself into stopping at the hour mark. But managed to keep going. Decided to leave the park at this point and finish up on the raods. Ran the outside loop around the park...how can it be into the wind for a full loop...... :(

• Advertisement

Tuesday 7th Feb
    5.5 easy miles today, expected the leg to be in bits today but they felt vrey good actually. Only down point was I was out on the roads again which I don't really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Tuesday 7th Feb

Work must really be cracking you up, today is Monday :P

Doing the XC this weekend?

xebec wrote: »
    Work must really be cracking you up, today is Monday :P

Doing the XC this weekend?

Yep work has been mental... now thats a poxy start to the week... shouldn't have told me that until later in the week :)

Yep will be running this weekend, are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Seriously considering it, might hit you up for a lift if you're gonna be heading anywhere near my direction? If not no worries, plenty of buses heading that way too ;)

xebec wrote: »
    Seriously considering it, might hit you up for a lift if you're gonna be heading anywhere near my direction? If not no worries, plenty of buses heading that way too ;)

Sure let me know Friday what hour doing, your not far out of the way so handy enough to swing by.

what race is on this weekend?

15 miles head first into the wind along the canal Friday and the poor RoadRunner had to take the weekend off. I had a near death experience Friday evening I was so tired!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

North County Farmers in Swords.

15 miles head first into the wind along the canal Friday and the poor RoadRunner had to take the weekend off. I had a near death experience Friday evening I was so tired!
    North County Farmers Bhaa XC out in swords should be nice race, course isnt to bad as far as I remember. But havent run here in years.. Last time I won on this course :)... but it was under 17's(not stone). Just looking at the course now and it might not be the same one ...

Condition were poxy on Friday knew you would have a hard one when I seen the wind direction.,,

North County Farmers Bhaa XC out in swords should be nice race, course isnt to bad as far as I remember. But havent run here in years.. Last time I won on this course :)... but it was under 17's(not stone)

ha ha.

Hmmm, my bday is Friday so Saturday is probably not on for me. I've ran that race before and it is flat. There were a couple of narrow sections so you needed to make sure you get out fast and not get stuck behind anyone. I managed to do this but problems arose when we started to lap people. I think I heard they may have widened this section though.

That leaves me the option of either running in Enniscorthy or Cupids dash :rolleyes:. Might have to don my cupids costume and hit the park. Don't want to take up whole day traveling to Wexford. I think it's a late start down there as well. Might hit the local for a few Bavarias Sunday evening if you're about?

• Advertisement

ha ha.

Hmmm, my bday is Friday so Saturday is probably not on for me. I've ran that race before and it is flat. There were a couple of narrow sections so you needed to make sure you get out fast and not get stuck behind anyone. I managed to do this but problems arose when we started to lap people. I think I heard they may have widened this section though.

That leaves me the option of either running in Enniscorthy or Cupids dash :rolleyes:. Might have to don my cupids costume and hit the park. Don't want to take up whole day traveling to Wexford. I think it's a late start down there as well. Might hit the local for a few Bavarias Sunday evening if you're about?

your getting on in years now ;).. Yep should be up for that on Sunday. Ennisccorthy is a bit of a trip for a 10k. So get your IC34305.jpgout.

Advertisement