Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

• 07-10-2009 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

OK, excitement has just kicked in... :eek:

041bg.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

that picture was released after a recording session for a new track that is to be included on Detox.

oh, and Detox has been delayed yet again to sometime in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If the R.E.D album is anything like L.A.X I think I'll give it a miss. Biggest disapointment of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Looks good, anything songs Dre and Game did together were classics, actually pretty much anything Dre does is classic

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Dre Snoop and Game back together will be amazing.

Also theres a Detox track with the Dr. and Game on it, production is courtesy of Just Blaze as posted on his Twitter so that should be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

The-Game wrote: »
    Dre Snoop and Game back together will be amazing.

Also theres a Detox track with the Dr. and Game on it, production is courtesy of Just Blaze as posted on his Twitter so that should be awesome.

Got the link for the song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

i know im missing something as i dont really pay attention to rap "beefs",but didnt the game turn his back on dre after the documentary?what changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Edgehead

i know im missing something as i dont really pay attention to rap "beefs",but didnt the game turn his back on dre after the documentary?what changed?

Dre stopped paying Game any attention once he dissed 50 as he saw 50 as the sounder business prospect to side with. Dre needed 50. Now 50 is no longer important and the beef has died down Dre can work with Game again without pissing off 50. 50 needs Dre.

Game never turned his back on him ha. Quite the opposite.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Got the link for the song?

Hasnt been leaked as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    that picture was released after a recording session for a new track that is to be included on Detox.
    Yeah, but now that they're working together again I think Game will do whatever it takes to have Dre on his new album. Dre loves working with the Game and Game knows Dre brings out the best in him. Eminem is closer to 50 than Dre is. Dre considers Game his protege, more so than Bishop or anyone else.

Game and Dre are unreal together. I can't wait to hear the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Hope to god Dre works on the R.E.D album. Really looking forward to it anyway. Anyone know release date?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dre's production recently has been pretty forgettable, Relapse was pretty bad, the few on OBFCL2 where OKish. I hope that improves for future releases.

Danow247 wrote: »
    Hope to god Dre works on the R.E.D album. Really looking forward to it anyway. Anyone know release date?
    I think it's slated for December but I expect it will be at least Q1 2010 before we hear it.
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Dre's production recently has been pretty forgettable, Relapse was pretty bad, the few on OBFCL2 where OKish. I hope that improves for future releases.
    +1.

Despite the criticism i was into those beats on OB4CL2 .... possibly album of the year, bar Slaughterhouse who are by far the group to bring it back!!

I hope to god he at least goes back to the style of the Documentary or Doctors Advocate. I loved everything about those 2 albums. L.A.X was a huge let down, from his ryhmes to the beats - everything just felt "cheap".

I actually liked LAX more then Docs Advocate, that seemed like a cheaper version of Documentary, LAX was the way back imo, had a decent variety on there and some quality production

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

i think games gona have to come hard on this album everyone is a little sick of the constant name dropping in every track he needs to step his rap game up i.e his lryics does he have to mention 50,jayz,2pac,biggie,dre,ice cube on nearly evey track for d past 3 albums... l.a.x was more like a mixtape than album it had way too many features maybe indicating game cant make a hit single on his own back?? besides 1 blood nd dreams what has he dropped on his own that was big...

even d biggest game fans have to imithe he is constantly name dropping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

i could listen to every single song on the doctors advocate and love them all....LAX on the other hand i only LIKED 3 songs.

I'm a HUGE Game fan but have to agree that the constant name dropping has to stop. I definitely think L.A.X. was the weakest of the three. Doctors Advocate was great though, a worthy follow up to the Documentary. There were too many features on L.A.X. - I thought tracks like Let Us Live, L.A.X. Times and Dope Boys were great but the likes of Gentlemans Affair and Never Can Say Goodbye let the whole album down.

R.E.D. sounds really promising though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The-Game wrote: »
    I actually liked LAX more then Docs Advocate, that seemed like a cheaper version of Documentary, LAX was the way back imo, had a decent variety on there and some quality production

Let's Ride > LAX

The Game is ridiculously hit or miss. I find for every song I like there's two or three instantly forgettable ones. I found LAX lacked that massive song that the others had, Hate It or Love It is one of the best rap songs of this decade imo.

• Advertisement

i agree and disagree Makaveli...

agree with the first part about for every song you find u 2 or 3 instantly forgetable ones but L.A.X did have a pretty big track in " my life" but again in my opinion only done well because of waynes buzz and hype at the mo, but then again hate it or love was wrote by 50 and done well because 50 was the 1 back then just like arguably wayne is now.. but back to the point is was a big track arguably the best hip hop track of last summer infact probally the only one without a R N B hook that done good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

A Milli was a bigger track imo. My Life is good but it's not a patch on Let's Ride or Hate or Love It. 50 definitely is the difference on that track, quality verse for once.

"Why you hate the game" was the standout track for me on Doctors Advocate, nothing on L.A.X even came close to that. Still get the shivers hearing that wicked build up towards the end of the track :D

i said probally bud didnt say it was the hottest but it was defo in the top 3 last summer a milli was the best by far your right there banging track ..

id put "my life" ahead of "lets ride" that track to me wasnt anything special but its just personal preference really...

how we do and hate it or love it are games 2 biggest tracks so far and 50 wrote both aswell as him being on the tracks are the only reason game became relevant and the whole gunit beef and the constant name dropping of 50 and now jay z aswell as other artists helps him stay relevant..

his record sale show since selling 5 million on documentary and taking a pretty big drop to 1.5 mill on doctors advocate and i know l.a.x done pretty bad not sure on the figures, he hasnt done too well since leaving aftermath/ g unit, but he back on aftermath now so interesting times ahead will dre get game and 50 together for another track i hope so or even get them on the same track on detox would be pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LCblogger

I cant wait for it to come out.. From previews ive seen will be a seriously savage album:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I cant ****ing wait. I thought LAX was superb and his concert in The Academy last December was just unreal.

Roll on December 1st!

his record sale show since selling 5 million on documentary and taking a pretty big drop to 1.5 mill on doctors advocate and i know l.a.x done pretty bad not sure on the figures
    Game actually fairs better than most mainstream rappers when it comes to sales. MTV rappers like Jay, 50, T.I., Kanye and Wayne (recently) will do better in first week sales but all three of Game's albums have gone straight to number one. He has always outsold the likes of Snoop, Luda, Nas and Jeezy. Documentary has sold 6M, DA 2M and L.A.X. is close to 1M.

it took over a year for game to shift 900k l.a.x thats pretty bad considerin most mainstream rappers do that or there abouts in a week... and yes game is a mainstream rapper he's just not as big as kanye,50 or wayne and even t.i(paper trail was a quaility album and done very well), tracks like camera phone is baiscally another candy shop track made to get airplay so they can gain attention for there albums more pop music than hip hop

interesting times though how will game do in the resesion?
    only em and jay z done good numbers nearly everyone else have been shifting under
    20'000 units 1st week and struggling overall i mean what em done 800k+ 1st week in a ression was crazy, jay z 400k+ and both of them had there albums leaked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭powerzjim

i read that gucci mane is gonna be featured on the first single :mad::mad::mad: why?!!!!!! i like game but HATE gucci mane

• Advertisement

Gucci mane is featured alright but i think the first single is a feature with Chris Brown.

Also its just Game now as he dropp the "The" from his name!!!

Some good points made that for each quality track he has a few forgettable ones, Game just puts out too much each time, if you checked out the Bonus CD that came with LAX or even some of the promo tracks he released to hype up the album, IMO Some of these should DEFINATELY have been on the album in replace of a few that made the cut! IE The 2nd track with Ne-Yo "Camera Phone" (both versions) absolutely kicked the crap out of Gentlemans affair!! Yet that made the album.... poor choice.

Advertisement