Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold killed my hard drives

• 14-01-2007 7:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

booted up the pc, went to double click on ie when the mose frooze, after about 30secs it started to move again, then BSOD, which said it was writing a dump file but wasnt

reset pc, and it started to boot again, but bios could not detect the hard drives

guess the cold caused the hard drives os to hang

powered pc off for 20 secs and it booted fine now, oh thermometer says its 9oC in here, burr

hope it warms a bit before missess comes how and tries to wake the mediacenter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

wouldnt cold make the hard disk run better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Turn the heating on ya cheapskate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭SeanW

Low temperatures shouldn't make the hard drive stop functioning - are you sure there wasn't something else going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Anti wrote:
    Turn the heating on ya cheapskate.

unfortunatly we both work shift, so having the heating on a timer is no use, we just switch it on when we're home, and off when we leave
    SeanW wrote:
    Low temperatures shouldn't make the hard drive stop functioning - are you sure there wasn't something else going on?

i am not sure, but its the first time this happened,

it must hve been the drives or the controller , becuse the pc posted fine, just couldnt detect my raid drives

its working fine since, phew

Advertisement