Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

phasers wrote: »
    Amy Pohler should have won best comedy actress in fairness, but still good to see Community getting a small bit of recognition.

In other news, Megan Ganz has left the show to write for Modern Family. Season five looks less likely by the day.

Or does it?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/community-fifth-season-408936

6 seasons and a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I wouldn't take much from that tbh, Network Executives are programmed to say positive things like that.

On a more positive note: ONLY ONE MONTH TO GO TIL OCTOBER 19TH!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kate08

I wouldn't take much from that tbh, Network Executives are programmed to say positive things like that.

On a more positive note: ONLY ONE MONTH TO GO TIL OCTOBER 19TH!!! :D:D

:D but that also means the end of my weekly sessions with Liz, Jack and Co :( "everything's the worst"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

They have to say that. There is no way it will get a fifth season.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Sneak Peak that was posted on the Community Twitter account today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ACRFd9aJ4&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Britta's glasses :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Great to see the show back 'n all, and maybe I'm just predisposed to distrusting season 4, but I didn't think much of that clip - was a bit rubbish really :( Never a huge fan of the Dean, once they let him go off the deep end mind you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Yeah, the 'Dean' pun is really overused..

"Calm dean, calm dean" and "The Hunger Deans".. hmm

• It's like they completely misunderstood the Dean pun. Sure, it was used relatively frequently, but I doubt there was a single episode where it was made more than once. What the Dean was best at was wordplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It's like they completely misunderstood the Dean pun. Sure, it was used relatively frequently, but I doubt there was a single episode where it was made more than once. What the Dean was best at was wordplay.

Well we'll need to wait and see. It will be a shame if they bastardise the character. He was probable the funniest in season 3 imo.

• Advertisement

homie don't dean this...

That clip sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

So can we start dissing Community in this thread now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Seeing as Richard Dower seems to be banned for some reason someone has to take over.

I just hope the new guys weren't like "Ok people seem to love the Dean - MORE DEAN!!" and shoehorn him into everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I thought it was okay. But I appear to have some sort of inability of being negative about the show, so yup.

Also Real Neil (with pipes of steel) looks different >.>

:(

How can you judge it on a 1.30 min clip?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

They have been going way overboard on the Dean puns for at least the last season or so. If anything this is a good sign that things aren't changing too much, if I was in charge they would have been the first thing I would have cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the clip wasnt great, but the intro for it was pretty funny.

More sneak peeks

• Advertisement

• Its so hard what to think of those moments .. but I most certainly have low hopes for this season.

Its so hard what to think of those moments .. but I most certainly have low hopes for this season.

Yeah. I'll have to watch some Community to check, but there's something missing in the atmosphere in those clips; seems very stilted or atmospherically dead in some way.. Like when you watch a laughtrack show without the laughtrack.

• Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Community posted a few minutes on their Facebook page that Jeff's father will be played by Malcolm McDowell.

Admittedly it is slightly good casting, though I wonder if it would be better that Jeff's father never made an appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Let's all calm down until we see the first episode at least.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Community posted a few minutes on their Facebook page that Jeff's father will be played by Malcolm McDowell.

Admittedly it is slightly good casting, though I wonder if it would be better that Jeff's father never made an appearance.
    James Brolin is playing Jeff's dad, Malcolm McDowell is playing a history professor at Greendale

• phasers wrote: »
    James Brolin is playing Jeff's dad, Malcolm McDowell is playing a history professor at Greendale

It seems that they had posted that update at that time, realized their mistake and then deleted it, before reposting an update.

I wasn't the only person to cop it too..

Clipboard02_13.jpg

says a lot when the show's facebook page doesn't even know its own cast!

says a lot when the show's facebook page doesn't even know its own cast!

Simple enough mistake to make and I imagine the person employed to update the page has a couple other dozen ones to worry about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

An 'epic' trailer has been released for us to harshly judge :) Only a few more days!

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    An 'epic' trailer has been released for us to harshly judge :) Only a few more days!

Wasn't aware of the date.. Sleepless night on Thursday then!
    Although I'm honestly expecting to be disappointed :(

Advertisement