Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

zimovain wrote: »
    Awful anxiety and low mood these last few days:(

If you are taking your namesake then I am not surprised. That stuff really killed my mood. The bad taste in the mouth, the sleepwalking (sleep eating). It helped the insomnia, but man it messed with my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Jumpy wrote: »
    If you are taking your namesake then I am not surprised. That stuff really killed my mood. The bad taste in the mouth, the sleepwalking (sleep eating). It helped the insomnia, but man it messed with my head.

Nicely spotted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

justaquikq wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was prescribed prozac and xanax together recently, and am curious as to whether or not it is safe to take them together, even tough the doctor prescribed them. can anyone point me to online resources? thanks!

I can't give you medical advise, however, I work in a clinical setting and I would see patients on that combination of drug regularly enough. If you have any concerns speak to you doctor, especially about a treatment plan with the xanax, you don't want to be on them too long unless there is no other option. Benzos are highly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

justaquikq wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was prescribed prozac and xanax together recently, and am curious as to whether or not it is safe to take them together, even tough the doctor prescribed them. can anyone point me to online resources? thanks!

I was on that combo for a while and I know of others who have been as well. My combo is now Seroxat and Lexotan - which is something similar. Just wish I was on none of them at all.:(

Feeling a bit better in myself! Managed to make an appointment with FAS coming up soon to return to work. Still have bad days but Im seeeing some good days!

• Advertisement

Feeling a bit better in myself! Managed to make an appointment with FAS coming up soon to return to work. Still have bad days but Im seeeing some good days!

Great to hear that! And, I dont mean to sound like a cliche, but the longer evenings and better weather are a very positive factor for "people like us" as well;) Ut just makes you feel better all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hey guys, How ye doin'?
    I've a VERY traumatic day coming up.
    Drivers theory test followed by a trip to the hairdressers Saturday morning.
    At least i know what to expect at the hairdressers.
    But the theory test I've no idea.
    I don't know the exact location of the building. I know the street but i'm not familiar with it.
    When i go in i have no idea what to expect. I don't know what it will look like. I don't know who I'll have to talk to or what to do.
    Anyone on here done one recently? I'd just like to have some idea what to expect. I know if i asked that in the driving forum or something they'd think twas pretty strange, but hopefully you guys can understand where i'm coming from! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

phi3 wrote: »
    But the theory test I've no idea.
    When i go in i have no idea what to expect. I don't know what it will look like. I don't know who I'll have to talk to or what to do.
    Anyone on here done one recently? I'd just like to have some idea what to expect. I know if i asked that in the driving forum or something they'd think twas pretty strange, but hopefully you guys can understand where i'm coming from! :)
    I did mine a few months ago, it's very calming in there, at least it was in the one in Cork. You go in indivually to a person who checks your documents and brings you to a computer in a room of computers. You sit there and do the test just like on the CD-Rom. When finished you go to the same person and if you've passed they'll give you a certificate, then you bring that along with ID/money/photo/forms etc to the motor tax office and you get your licence :)

taram wrote: »
    I did mine a few months ago, it's very calming in there, at least it was in the one in Cork. You go in indivually to a person who checks your documents and brings you to a computer in a room of computers. You sit there and do the test just like on the CD-Rom. When finished you go to the same person and if you've passed they'll give you a certificate, then you bring that along with ID/money/photo/forms etc to the motor tax office and you get your licence :)

Thanks,
    I'm going to the one in cork.
    I can do this.... I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Thanks,
    I'm going to the one in cork.
    I can do this.... I hope
    If it's the one in town, it's actually IN penrose wharf, you'll have to go in a door to the car park, then it's a building in there. Good luck :)

• Advertisement

And remember phi3 - everyone on this thread is right there behind you offering our strength and support! You can do it! Best of luck!:)

Shazanne wrote: »
    And remember phi3 - everyone on this thread is right there behind you offering our strength and support! You can do it! Best of luck!:)

Thanks. I also have to worry about the fact that this car stuff is way too confusing for me! I almost forget about the actually having to pass a test. Turning up is a big enough test for me! I've only told one person i'm doing it. Except everyone on boards that is!!!

Thanks. I also have to worry about the fact that this car stuff is way too confusing for me! I almost forget about the actually having to pass a test. Turning up is a big enough test for me! I've only told one person i'm doing it. Except everyone on boards that is!!!

Great that you've told someone! Do they know how you are feeling about it? Could they go along for moral support?

Ah no. I'd rather go on my own. He's forgotten all about it anyway i'd say

Ah no. I'd rather go on my own. He's forgotten all about it anyway i'd say

OK - the best of luck with it anyway. I'll be think of you on Saturday morning!

SunnyTimes wrote: »
    Hi everyone, hope ye don't mind me joining this thread. I suffer from depression and I just hate it. I find it very hard for people to understand it, I don't fully understand it myself. All the horrible feelings I get, it just hurts so much at times.

I am having a bad few days. I just feel like curling up under my blankets and hiding from the world today. I find it very hard to get motivated.

Do any of ye ever feel guilty about being so down and lost in yourselves? I often think that people think I am just lazy. Or that I am letting my kids and partner down because I am not motivated to do certain things.

Hopefully this will pass soon as it comes and goes. And I will be able to get my house cleaned properly lol.

Thanks for reading xxxx

You're very welcome :)
    I do feel guilty. I feel that I'm wasting my life. I was given a perfectly good life which is more than a lot of people get. And I am totally wasting it. Sometimes thinking like that gives me motovation to get on with things- as best i can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I think most of us will feel guilty to a certain extent. I try to remind myself that this isn't my fault, it's different to being lazy. It's not a concious choice. Beating yourself up about not being able to do certain things will only leave you feeling worse. Know your limitations and reward yourself for doing the best you can.

I was at the doctor yesterday - he's changing me from fluoxethine to sertraline. Anyone ever been on sertraline? Any comments/experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Yesterday I found it incredibly hard to drag myself to work. I just wanted to curl up and stay there for the day. Even thinking about how I felt makes me feel down. I dragged myself out (looking a mess) and got on with it. How I didn't strangle someone in work, I don't know. Then yesterday evening I went out for dinner as a treat for myself and had lots of chocolate.
    I feel much better today but I'd say that's more to do with the fact it's Friday. I often treat myself with food when I'm feeling sh1t. It feels good and I try to moderate the amount. Probably doesn't help the waistline and I'm a size 14. I'd love to be a size 10 but I enjoy my food too much to be able to maintain that.
    I've had a pretty bad week tbh. Very emotional, weepy and tired all the time. All that's getting me through is the thought of Easter weekend and 4 days of peace, quiet, pyjama days and sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

Hey everyone,

Really glad i stumbled upon this thread.

For the last six, nearly seven years, I've had an issue with being depressed/anxiety. Got the diagnosis of clinical depression about seven months back.

It might sound a bit mean but I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue; like I wouldn't wish this on anybody but it's good to know there's people out there who understand that doing some of the most supposedly simple things in life can be very hard at times.

Theory test done and passed!!! 40 out of 40! Do i rock or what haha!
    Once i got there it was actually ok.
    Next stop, the hairdressers. What a day!

• Advertisement

Brilliant news - way to go!! We're all so proud of you!! Give yourself a treat - you've earned it girl!:):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

Well done buttie :)

Good on ya:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

Hotaru wrote: »
    Anyone ever been on sertraline? Any comments/experiences?

Yes, I found it had very few noticeable side-effects for me, and it definitely improved my mood. I had to stop it for reasons unrelated to its performance. I found that it suppressed my appetite a lot, but I had this side effect from another SSRI too so I don' know if that's specifically relevant to sertraline or just an effect that type of drug has on me. This isn't really a big negative though, as long as you remember to eat properly and on time. It also made me yawn constantly.
    I also found it really hard to adjust to at first, but don't worry if this happens to you, it gets a lot better.
    It's hard to objectively say this, but I think I was a lot happier when I was on it. I definitely found life a lot easier. I hope it works out for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Moshimoshi wrote: »
    Yes, I found it had very few noticeable side-effects for me, and it definitely improved my mood. I had to stop it for reasons unrelated to its performance. I found that it suppressed my appetite a lot, but I had this side effect from another SSRI too so I don' know if that's specifically relevant to sertraline or just an effect that type of drug has on me. This isn't really a big negative though, as long as you remember to eat properly and on time. It also made me yawn constantly.
    I also found it really hard to adjust to at first, but don't worry if this happens to you, it gets a lot better.
    It's hard to objectively say this, but I think I was a lot happier when I was on it. I definitely found life a lot easier. I hope it works out for you :)

Thanks for the info!
    Flouxethine definitely suppressed my appetite so I'd be happy if Sertraline did the same.
    Hopefully I'll get some better results than before.

Was doing well until the last few days, back to the shrink tomorrow, hope I get the help I badly there.

Have been pit on Seroquel, fingers crossed it suits moi.

Have been put on Seroquel, fingers crossed it suits moi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Hi guys.
    I've been feeling anxious and depressed for as long as I can remember and I'm sure there's a lot more of you out there feeling the same.
    A lot of the time when i try to talk to my friends about it, they don't understand and they say I'm just a pessimistic and that I should just start being happier. (if only it was so simple right!)
    But i thought it would be nice for people to have somewhere (here) to talk to people who do understand what you're going through.

Hi I have just seen your thread and you know it really does not have to be like this. Take it from me there is some really good help out there. Life is for enjoying and yes there will be tough times but the good times should always far out weigh the bad times.

• Advertisement

Bugnug wrote: »
    Hi I have just seen your thread and you know it really does not have to be like this. Take it from me there is some really good help out there. Life is for enjoying and yes there will be tough times but the good times should always far out weigh the bad times.

Hi Bugnug.
    Have you suffered from anxiety or depression yourself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement